New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Found the new S'mores FlapJacked Mighty Muffin in the Vitamin Shoppe the other day! Tried it this morning and I was very impressed and thoroughly enjoyed it! I still think I like the Apple Cinnamon and Peanut Butter flavors a tad bit more, but this one comes pretty darn close and blows the Maple Pumpkin they had out of the water by a long shot! Definitely something I'd recommend if you're looking for something a little different!

4p7zxuk9llh3.jpg

That looks really good!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    th?id=OIP.Me7eab3e5f99a66ee5f6c9a0835c88634o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Really liked this bar! This bar is more of a nutrition bar than a protein/low sugar bar, but it had a great taste & a slight laffy taffy texture that wasn't as awful as the Fit Elite bars.

LiftCookieDough4ct1510_F.png?w=525&h=414&fit=fill&bg=FFFFFF

This bar just plain awful! Hardly any taste except sucralose. Luckily I only bought one bar instead of a whole box.

Thanks for the review, I had seen those atkins bars and was going to buy one to try. Glad I didn't if they are nothing special.

So awful! One of the worst bars I've ever tried.

th?id=HS.284033614516&pid=15.1

Found this at Wal-Mart on Thursday & so good! The price is around $1.38 & there's two servings in a bag.

My favorite flavor was the Glazed Donut since it reminded me of the Tastykake Donut Holes.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    Finally got around to having the Talenti chocolate sorbetto.

It was nowhere near as good as Paciugo's. It was a little too icy (but not grainy), not near chocolate-y enough, and had an alcohol aftertaste like you get when you've used too much vanilla extract. On the good side, it was nice and smooth and not overly sweet like I find many of Talenti's products to be. And of course, the lower calories are good. I like it well enough to finish off the pint but will not buy again.

I am disappoint.
    Dang. I guess it's just peanut butter pretzel and wild blackberry for me.

I would want to try peach butter biscuit, but Publix isn't a thing here.

www.onsecondscoop.com gave the Blackberry a great review.

I found the new flavors of Edy's, but I wasn't shelling out $5.00 for Edy's.

I'll wait to see if Weis has any $2.50 sales in the next few weeks.

I definitely will find that Yuengling's Churro Ice Cream flavor.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Fiber One Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Love them.

The Fiber One Sugar Cookies look good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    stealthq wrote: »
    Finally got around to having the Talenti chocolate sorbetto.

It was nowhere near as good as Paciugo's. It was a little too icy (but not grainy), not near chocolate-y enough, and had an alcohol aftertaste like you get when you've used too much vanilla extract. On the good side, it was nice and smooth and not overly sweet like I find many of Talenti's products to be. And of course, the lower calories are good. I like it well enough to finish off the pint but will not buy again.

I am disappoint.
    Dang. I guess it's just peanut butter pretzel and wild blackberry for me.

I would want to try peach butter biscuit, but Publix isn't a thing here.

www.onsecondscoop.com gave the Blackberry a great review.

I found the new flavors of Edy's, but I wasn't shelling out $5.00 for Edy's.

I'll wait to see if Weis has any $2.50 sales in the next few weeks.

I definitely will find that Yuengling's Churro Ice Cream flavor.

I emailed Shop Rite asking them what's going on with Edy's, and the new Talenti and Yuengling flavors. Just waiting now... lol.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    P7_BAF_Render_Smores_large.jpg?v=1457128547
    P7_BAF_KeyLime_2016_large.jpg?v=1458149816
    Found these both at Target today. The flavors are pretty spot-on, though the brand in general has issues with the flavor fading after 5-10 minutes of chewing. I also really like the vanilla mint and the front porch lemonade (I can give or take the birthday cake one -the texture is inconsistent between packages)

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Found these both at Target today. The flavors are pretty spot-on, though the brand in general has issues with the flavor fading after 5-10 minutes of chewing. I also really like the vanilla mint and the front porch lemonade (I can give or take the birthday cake one -the texture is inconsistent between packages)

I like these for fun or if you are craving something sweet after a meal but don't want to eat anything. I like the chocolate chip cookie dough vanilla ice cream combo one the best. The chocolate chip cookie dough part tastes so spot on it's weird. I feel like veruca salt in willy wonka haha. I wonder if they will ever do savoury ones.
  • Francl27
    abatonfan wrote: »

I like these for fun or if you are craving something sweet after a meal but don't want to eat anything. I like the chocolate chip cookie dough vanilla ice cream combo one the best. The chocolate chip cookie dough part tastes so spot on it's weird. I feel like veruca salt in willy wonka haha. I wonder if they will ever do savoury ones.

What sweetener do they use?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    This is really, really good. I imagine it would be even better grated onto pasta.
    paskiM.png
    Mmm...I love Croatian cheese! I must get this!

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited March 2016
    Not new, but new to me:
    fosf24rno1l9.jpg

I've never noticed them before now, but I had some at a dinner party tonight. So good!! I would just eat them straight, but I bet they are great with some cheese too. 90 calories for 11 crackers (if the grams are accurate, I didn't weigh them at a party). A fairly strong rosemary taste, and the sweetness of the raisins is such a nice balance. I will definitely buy a box when I'm at TJs next.
  • TuesdayLucero
    TuesdayLucero Posts: 86 Member
    slmelvin77 wrote: »
    Sweet Earth Protein Lover's and Baja breakfast burritos. 20+ grams of protein, vegetarian, and natural ingredients. Great tasting, filling on the go breakfast.

I love these!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    24322847165_ced35c502d_z.jpg
    I tried the pineapple kiwi. It's not my favorite, but it was pretty nice.

I only have blueberry cucumber and lemon zucchini left to try.

I had their free Friday coupon for one of these. I didn't really know what they were, but when I saw the flavours in store... I passed.

I thought the blueberry cucumber was pretty good. The cherry beet (not pictured) was also tasty. The kiwi spinach one tasted ok, weirdly tart, but it had tiny bit of pineapple in it. I really don't like the bits. Give me chunks of fruit or nothing.. the bits are just weird.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Another new Oreo flavor to watch out for.

Limited-Edition-Strawberry-Shortcake-Oreo-Cookies.jpg?resize=550%2C635

According to Impulsive Buy it should be out on shelves April 4th.
  • Francl27
    Another new Oreo flavor to watch out for.

Limited-Edition-Strawberry-Shortcake-Oreo-Cookies.jpg?resize=550%2C635

According to Impulsive Buy it should be out on shelves April 4th.

I'm unsure about that. Love the real thing, but artificially flavored strawberry... not so much. Will wait for reviews.

Oh and I heard back from Shop Rite about Edy's slow churned 'Unfortunately Edy's Ice Cream has been discontinued due to declining sales and to allow us to respond to our customers’ growing preferences for unique, specialty brands and premium flavors and varieties of ice creams, novelties and frozen desserts.'

Sad.
  • Francl27
    Got bored and decided to splurge a bit into something new for me

SB-Italian-banner(1).jpg

They didn't have the cheesecake one sadly, but I got the cannoli and biscotti. The cannoli one is pretty good, but the flavor is a bit too mild... there are a few chocolate chips mix-ins. Overall, it's decent for the calories though. But the biscotti is really tasty! Tons of mix-ins (cookies, chocolate, and a big caramel swirl), creamy, that one totally hit the spot.

Also bought this because I haven't bought pistachio ice cream in ages and it was cheap (and 150 calories vs 200 from Talenti).

020735112274.jpg

Should probably have read the ingredients first because it tastes like artificial pistachio. Bah. It's ok but probably not worth the calories. Well I'm sure my husband will love it...
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Bought some walnut fudge brownie stuffed chocolate chip cookie dough balls at Central Market from Aphrodite Divine Confections: aphroditedesserts.com/our_products/. I think they're in the local markets only, though.

I definitely liked them - mainly the walnut-y and fudge-y brownie. The chocolate chip cookie part wasn't exactly how I like it. The sugar didn't quite caramelize enough. I like a strong caramelized brown sugar flavor, but I think I might be able to fix it with a higher bake temperature. A bit of salt on top would probably help also.

Best part? 150 cals per cookie. Not bad. They bake up bigger than two of the 80 cal Toll House cookies stuck together and taste one heck of a lot better. They make a good number of other desserts, though most aren't available in store as of yet. Will definitely pick up this and other products of theirs again.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    I was at Shoprite today and saw the full lineup, including cheesecake! I was torn between the cannoli and tiramisu but ended up finding another new brand (enlightened) which was very low in calories so I decided to pick that one up instead to try! Glad you reviewed the cannoli for us, I would've been disappointed if I got it and discovered it was bland, I love ice cream to be SWEET.
    I also never tried the turkey hill pistachio but I tried Friendly's lower fat pistachio ice cream the other day (on sale for $1.99) and was impressed, though I can't see myself getting it again. Good for being low calorie though!
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Got bored and decided to splurge a bit into something new for me

SB-Italian-banner(1).jpg

They didn't have the cheesecake one sadly, but I got the cannoli and biscotti. The cannoli one is pretty good, but the flavor is a bit too mild... there are a few chocolate chips mix-ins. Overall, it's decent for the calories though. But the biscotti is really tasty! Tons of mix-ins (cookies, chocolate, and a big caramel swirl), creamy, that one totally hit the spot.

Also bought this because I haven't bought pistachio ice cream in ages and it was cheap (and 150 calories vs 200 from Talenti).

020735112274.jpg

Should probably have read the ingredients first because it tastes like artificial pistachio. Bah. It's ok but probably not worth the calories. Well I'm sure my husband will love it...

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Here are all the new goodies I found at Shoprite today. Not sure if all of them are new but I've never seen them before. I picked up a pint of the enlightened salted caramel ice cream, a bit more calories than halo top but not by too much and it's also made with erythritol so I'm curious how it will compare! It was $4.49 so a little less than halo top, and they had a ton more flavors available (vs the three halo top flavors I can only get at Wegmans)

I also picked up a can of the nestle protein drink so I'm curious how that will compare to other protein drinks. $2 wasn't too bad, but it has a whopping 360 calories for the 12 oz can so I probably won't be having that for another week or so! 31x58m905pl3.jpg
    v3vvswp2776b.jpg
    mf5hckbwg8nw.jpg
    bbqyd615v4oj.jpg
  • Francl27
    Curious about Enlightened ice cream!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    I think I am going to break down and order more of this this weekend. It is delicious and only 110 cals a serving! I'm planning on taking at least one bag with me overseas as a gift to the in-laws in May. Totally recommend this!

Island_Lava_PassionFruit_12oz_grande.jpg?v=1450981863