New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Plus protein and fiber bars. They're between 20 and 21 grams protein and 15-17 grams fiber. The cookies and cream tastes good, but the texture is a little off. The chocolate mocha is fantastic tasting. It's kind of the consistency of a tootsie roll, but the taste is pretty good.

Mission1 Clean Protein bars, on the other hand, taste horrible and make me sad.
  • purple18194
    purple18194 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on

Eek yeah, those are not 2 of the better Quest bars! Some are delicious (white chocolate raspberry, pumpkin, oatmeal chocolate chip), but some just aren't good. Try the Oh Yeah! one bars of you want - the macros are very similar and they taste way better!
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I found Noosa "yoghurt" at our local commissary and bought it on a whim. 12g protein per 8 ounce serving. Yes, it has like 200 calories or so, but it is my most favorite yogurt ever. It is so different in taste from most yogurts. Almost like a sweet, yogurt consistency cream cheese with fruit. It is so good!!! I bought raspberry, blueberry and strawberry/rhubarb.

The Pumpkin flavor is also awesome.

I didn't care for the Lemon!

I just found our my local Walmart carries it, and I will be stocking up!!! I think it better than Oikos and Chobani, by far! I'm going to try to find the 4oz packs.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    1mq4ie7kgr6s.jpeg

Found theses at target today!!
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I found Noosa "yoghurt" at our local commissary and bought it on a whim. 12g protein per 8 ounce serving. Yes, it has like 200 calories or so, but it is my most favorite yogurt ever. It is so different in taste from most yogurts. Almost like a sweet, yogurt consistency cream cheese with fruit. It is so good!!! I bought raspberry, blueberry and strawberry/rhubarb.

The Pumpkin flavor is also awesome.

I didn't care for the Lemon!

I just found our my local Walmart carries it, and I will be stocking up!!! I think it better than Oikos and Chobani, by far! I'm going to try to find the 4oz packs.

You sound like a kid in a candy shop!! LOL I'm glad you found them
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Target has tons of pumpkin spice stuff!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    wearmi1 wrote: »
    Target has tons of pumpkin spice stuff!!

I want to go find the Limited Edition Special K Pumpkin Spice cereal.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    a083jdgysl3r.png
    Got these at Target today for $2.50 (after sale + cartwheel + coupons). Yum! They're like little, soft Thin Mint bites!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Got a mini sample of these so tried them(the blueberry only). They reminded me of nutrigrain blueberry bars. I really liked them. They tasted way better with milk than plain. They were not as sweet as I expected. I was expected cinnamon toast crunch level sweetness, but the blueberry were a bit tart and had a real blueberry flavor to it. I really liked them. tiny-toast-boxes-1024x655.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Got a mini sample of these so tried them(the blueberry only). They reminded me of nutrigrain blueberry bars. I really liked them. They tasted way better with milk than plain. They were not as sweet as I expected. I was expected cinnamon toast crunch level sweetness, but the blueberry were a bit tart and had a real blueberry flavor to it. I really liked them. tiny-toast-boxes-1024x655.jpg
    My favorite is the strawberry. These are one of my favorite new products of the year.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    My favorite is the strawberry. These are one of my favorite new products of the year.

They are really good the blueberry is like little debbie mini blueberry muffin flavor. I'll have to try the strawberry!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    This seems like an interesting combination.

29068495821_43c5a109bb_z.jpg?resize=499%2C640&ssl=1

I've been having issues eating beef or I would try it.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Tried the new Deep Fried Twinkies tonight (original golden, not the chocolate) from Walmart! It said to put them in the oven for 6-8 minutes but I had to keep them in for closer to 10 before the insides actually melted and weren't cool, but they turned out really good, I'm impressed! If you love funnel cakes this is definitely a product for you, but personally I don't have much desire to spend $4.76 on a pack of 7 Twinkies again, I'm just not that big of a funnel cake person. Maybe if they sold them individually I would every now and again, but 7 is too much for me. Also, the serving size was 69 grams and each ended up weighing about 80, so expect around 256 calories instead of 220 per pop (still not too bad though admittedly for what I thought a deep fried Twinkie would be!)
    If they had a Red Velvet flavor I would absolutely be a glutton for these things but I just wasn't blown away.
    Maybe the chocolate will be better, who knows? But again, I'd rather spend $4.76 on other things (like ice cream).
  • waxman223
    waxman223 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I ditched Gatorade for Skratch Labs Hydration mix. This stuff is awesome. Great flavors, and a lot less chemicals. It's my new long run hydration. I also picked up a cookbook, "Feed Zone Portables". Great fuel for work outs and I have been replacing some of the packaged Bars and snacks I normally eat on endurance runs.
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    boolz wrote: »
    I don't know if this is new, or just new to me: Jimmy Dean's breakfast fritattas. I make that kind of thing and freeze ahead, but for those times when I get behind, this is a good, quick breakfast.

Just tried the bacon and spinach one. I agree - they're reasonable for fast (I bet making them tastes better) I was pleased with the protein and serving size. I'll probably try the sausage and veggie one too. I've got a newborn so fast breakfast is good breakfast
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Haven't found them yet but am eager to!:

9yu4o29tvsfx.jpeg

tpibi841998p.jpeg
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I just went to Walmart to get my Noosa fix (Holy wow! That's alotta yoghurt, Batman!), and I found these Powerful Yogurt drinks in the dairy case. I bought one of each flavor (Double Espresso, chocolate, vanilla, and coconut). I had the Espresso one on the way home. I'm buzzing on caffeine. 135mg caffeine, 20g protein, 170 calories, 4g fat, 15g carbs. Tastes like an iced coffee with much less sugar. Doesn't taste like yogurt. Really isn't that bad, and it makes me super happy to have coffee again. Worth it!!

http://powerful.yt/drinks/
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, there're no bad flavors of Campbell's Go Soup:

4fp63udm6kp6.jpg

• supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    DH wants to eat everything pumpkin and got this at Target today. I tried a spoonful and it's pretty good, not really sweet mevp6okip0ua.jpeg
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I am totally falling in love wit ht he noosa yogurts. I want to buy the salted carmel that I have heard so much about-(sigh)