Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,647 Member
    Options
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Just talked to DH. He took the ipad to Best Buy and they looked at it and the Geek Squad checked it out and no dice. Nobody could figure out why it won't charge. We have only had it a year and a half. Such a downer. Guess I will have to get better at logging from my Phone or the computer in the den, neither which is as comfy.... Just another small hurdle in the on going journey. This too shall be overcome! :#
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell Swings 15x10x25
    Goblet Squats 5x10x25

Janetr OKC
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! Just a quick stat report for the 24 week countdown:
    STARTING WEIGHT: 205
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 206
    TOTAL LBS LOST OR GAINED (THIS WEEK): -1
    TOTAL LBS LOST OR GAINED (ALL WEEKS): +1
    GOAL WEIGHT: 180
    TOTAL LBS AWAY FROM GOAL: 26
    ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT: 140

Hi all and Hi to all of the newbies! Following posts and reaping the advice, insight, encouragement. Just a little too busy to begin responding. Love and hugs and inspirational/encouraging thoughts going out to all of you! Go us!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Georgia Peach, I am sorry you went through all that with your mom growing up. My mom refused treatment but for "talk therapy" which did nothing but make her MORE narcissistic! Growing up, I only remember her in bed, weeping, or dressed to the nines and leaving. It does sound to me that your mom needs treatment for depression. ECT can be given to the elderly and it improves their mood safely. The medications, on the other hand, have so many side effects. It seems that since she already has dementia, the memory loss from ECT would not be a huge issue. It might make her last years happier years. A lot of mental health advocates are totally against ECT since it has been so abused in the past, but for some it is a lifesaver. I know two men who say it is the only thing that works for them. And I have seen many elderly ladies improve greatly and be so thankful for it.

My sister, Katie, the one who just had her 50th wedding anniversary has had ECT's for years now. Some times she has them fairly often then other times can go for quite a while, but it seems to to be only thing that has helped to live any resemblance of a happy life.

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,311 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Janetr - that is very good progress. I only managed 10 sets of 10 swings today. With an 18 lb kettlebell. I had already done my machines so had 536 calories under my belt so I had a rest beforehand. I found that starting off was very hard. My hip did not want to cooperate and my knee doesn't like it. But it didn't get any worse as I was doing it and I have no after effects. It does worry me that my hip's initial response is pain, but it eases and seems to do no long term harm. I am just hoping that my #×÷÷+# hip will get used to it. ;)

Heather
  • pipcd34
    Options
    a
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Kay, Those leggings are so much fun!! I love them! Also, congratulations on the new clothes sizes.
    KarenE

• fanncy0626
    edited August 2016
    Options
    drkatiebug- you look awesome in your leggings! Congratulations on downsizing! I go to the Goodwill or consignment stores to get my different sizes. If you go to ones in affluent neighborhoods they have almost brand-new or never worn clothes. Even now that I am probably close to the size I am always going to thrive to be I consider myself a goodwill junkie!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Hey, everybody! I'm taking a mid-afternoon break since my Fitbit is charging. You know I can't sweep and mop the kitchen without counting the steps.

To all the Karens, I think it is a beautiful name. I've never really cared for my name and wished I was Karen or Kathy or Katherine instead of just plain Kay. There were twins in my high school named Karen and Sharon. I thought those were the coolest names. But I've learned to be content with the name that was chosen for me. It's funny about names. My best friend in high school was Nora. I thought that was the most old-fashioned name ever. Now my daughter named her daughter Nora and I think it is the prettiest name ever.

NSV: I went pants shopping yesterday. My DH, bless his heart, went with me to lend his opinion since this is my first foray into the non-plus sizes. We finally settled on two pairs of Ann Taylor Signature cut size 14 (no W) pants that were perfect fits. Those should do me until I need 12s. One pair is a medium gray and the other is charcoal with a black plaid print that looks solid from a distance. I will continue to wear my size 16 black pants that are a little baggy in the butt until I can fit in 12s. I gave all my 16w and 18w pants away. I also still have my 14w suit pants that will do if I need black.

The fitness instructor at my gym has started selling LuLaRoe. They had a contest to win free leggings, and I won. I chose the size. They chose the print. It is nothing I would ever, ever have chosen for myself. I'm letting y'all see my wild side. DH thinks they are ugly, but I secretly like them. I let them post my picture on their Facebook page as advertisement. So, just call me a model. LOL!

mzt7ot86h1km.jpeg

Love the look!!!!! You look just beautiful!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Kay ~ Love your outfit. The colors are great!
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    kay WTG on new pant size that is terrific :D
    NYKAREN
  • MrsGLT
    MrsGLT Posts: 44 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hey y'all. Feeling lonely and a little frustrated today. You all don't know anything about me so if it's alright I'll share a bit.
    I'm 56 years old. I've been married to a great guy for 37 1/2 years. We have 3 grown kids. Our son is 33, in a relationship with a lovely woman. She has kids from previous relationships. We have two daughters; one age 31, married 12 years, two kids. Youngest daughter age 30, divorced, 2 kids. They live with us.
    I choose to be a stay at home wife and I take care of the kids while their mom works. Some days it's a blessing & some days I have to look real hard to find the blessing.
    I love needlework. I crochet, sew, quilt, cross stitch and embroidery. I also play the piano, love to sing and am active in my church.
    I also love to cook and I'm in the process of writing a cookbook for my family. I'm hoping to finish it time to gift it to them at Christmas.
    Today I am struggling. I've had breakfast, lunch and a snack. I feel hungry but I know I'm really not. I've always had issues with stress eating and today is stressful. My grandson goes back to school two weeks from today and things will get better. But today it's tough.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Heather, darling photo!

Katie, congrats on being in regular sizes again! Yipee!!!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello, Ladies

I will be back later to read up and do a proper post - but today is the challenge stats day - so I am posting here, as well as on the "official" thread.

Ding Dong the Puffy Princess is DEAD... WHOOT!

STARTING WEIGHT: 244
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 242
    TOTAL LBS LOST OR GAINED (THIS WEEK) : -6
    TOTAL LBS LOST OR GAINED (ALL WEEKS): -2
    GOAL WEIGHT: 220
    TOTAL LBS AWAY FROM GOAL: 22

Re in TX
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Heather - that is such a cute picture of your DGC!

MrsGLT- welcome! It sounds like you have a very full plate! Kids count down to the day they get out of school. Parents or caregivers countdown to the day they go back!

<3

Mary from Minnesota