Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach I am 33 with two kids. SW 238.4 CW 212.2. I only set my goals in 5lb steps because it is too overwhelming to look further than that. I just past 25 lbs lost WootWoot!! I'm still excited about that.

I've found tracking calories much easier than weight watchers, which I did for years. But weight loss is hard work for any age. Keep with it and don't get discouraged.
  • taburbey
    taburbey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Monday check in- fell off the wagon, poor food choices, too much at one meal, not drinking enough water, not weighing in today because I'm sure I've gained, and my monthly has reared its ugly head. But, on a positive note, I'm not giving up, not giving in, I'm going to get back on track and give it all I've got!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in ... Got a new scale over the weekend, and calibrated it this morning ... alas, it weighs 2 pounds heavier than my old one ... So, while I did have a good loss this week, it is wiped away. That's ok ...I've lost enough weight in the 'Overhaul for Fall' challenge that I can feel it in my body and my clothes.

Hope everyone has a good week ...
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Monday check-in: I'm down one more pound this morning after not seeing much loss last week so I'm glad for that. I'm inching a little bit closer to 40 lbs lost and I'm pretty excited since I ordered a fun gift for myself to celebrate and it should actually be arriving today. I won't let myself open it til I lose 2 more lbs so think it'll be good motivation! Also gonna try to visit the gym tonight after dinner, since I want to start making a habit of going 3-4 times per week for strength training.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and may this upcoming week be the best yet!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Hi there, new to this thread not so new to MFP!

Had some success with this a few years ago and have basically out almost everything back on during through careless eating and basically being chained to a desk during deadline months at university so that sucks.

So I've set a goal of -20lb in four weeks for my holiday to Bulgaria, and as I've over 100lb to loose it's hopefully manageable.

Today I'm going to walk between 2-3k on the beach (tide dependant) and do some laps and a sneaky sauna at my local community pool.

This is also my first post on anything like this ever, so I feel weird and awkward and kinda like I'm talking to myself, but hopefully it'll help..I'll check back in later.

Peace and love,
    Becca.x

Ps. I'll follow for follow on MFP for a while to create and add to anyones support network, if anyone's interested ✨

I feel weird hopping into a long standing thread, and did the first time I ever posted as well, but mostly people are super supportive and if you keep at it you can make some real friends on here and the support group does work.
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    This was a good weekend, overall. Since we wound up not going to the county fair on Saturday, I did not have a good excuse to eat funnel cake. Although I was very sad that I missed the demolition derby, which is the most fun you can have for $10 in these parts. On Sunday, I did go to the local Pepperoni Roll Cookoff. Pepperoni rolls are the local baked good - what bagels are to New York City, or sourdough to San Francisco, so bragging rights for best roll are a very big deal. Fortunately, each sample was only a bite or two, so I was able to taste a reasonably wide array of rolls without absolutely slaughtering my calorie goal. What I did find interesting was how unappetizing the super-greasy, super-salty rolls were. I much preferred the ones that weren't so fatty.

I also got a good run in last night, the first in about three weeks. My left Achille's has been bothering me, so I've pretty much stuck to walking, but it felt good enough to jog. I just didn't warm up quite well enough, because I was stiff and sore this morning. Lifting this afternoon is not going to be fun.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in. I was on vacation at the beach from Saturday to Saturday. I think I did pretty good with food and exercise, but not salt, beer and soda. Because I had late nights and early mornings, the drive to and from Minnesota (5 hours) did include salt and soda. I can feel it in my legs yesterday and today. I started the week out really good about my water intake but that seemed to fall to the wayside on Thursday and Friday. WHOOPS! But all in all I'd give myself a B+ for the week. Back to counting calories and losing some more pounds.

My plan for the week:
    Monday -- Riverboat supper with my husband and my co-workers
    Tuesday -- cardio
    Wednesday -- cardio / choir
    Thursday -- cardio
    Friday -- cardio
    Saturday / Sunday -- choir tour

Let's have a great week!!!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Hi there, new to this thread not so new to MFP!

This is also my first post on anything like this ever, so I feel weird and awkward and kinda like I'm talking to myself, but hopefully it'll help..I'll check back in later.

Sometimes that's how it feels ... like self talk ... but believe me, other posters read it and sometimes respond on post back to you.

But think about this ... when you post on here, you are thinking about your goals, things you have tried, your desire to get trimmer and healthier ... and that is all positive self talk that can replace the negative talk we do when things don't go according to our plan/dream/goal/aspiration. So have fun with it.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Wanted to share this fast 15-minute Cardio and Core workout that even I can do, albeit not with the effortless beauty of the presenter ... I'm getting into the habit of looking forward to it cause I never knew 15 minutes could go by so quicly in a healthy way.
    https://youtu.be/Cq001BVWOu8
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In - Feeling frustrated.
    Is there anyone here my size and my age (35)? It is to be expected that many/most will gain and have a harder time losing after they hit 40 and have raised a family. I have been kicking at my excess weight since I was 22 and I have no children! "Good for you", I was told, "You are young and it'll be easier for you to lose weight." Well, IT'S NOT EASY!

Hi Mermaid. I'm 37 and my CW is 323. I do have 2 kids but I have been obese since my late teens. I don't know what I used to weigh as I avoided scales (Denial not just a river in Egypt and what not) but I was more than 250 at 22.

I joined MFP 3 years ago and lost 50 lbs before stopping and in the 3 years I gained it back plus an extra 20. I can't believe I let myself get above 300 again. Oh well. I am in a better position this time. I have a weight loss partner at work and my husband has joined this time to support me (he's super fit but the education on what is in stuff is interesting for him and it means that I can't hide my eating from him as my diary is open to friends. He promised to be kind as it is still new and I feel a tad exposed. Its easier to be open with strangers sometimes.)

Feel free to add me as a friend. I don't post a lot but comment on my friend's posts and am logging in daily and entering my food.

Drea
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I'm actually not sure what happened to her. She was here the last time I came by earlier this year, but by the time I came back from all the summer activities, she seemed to be gone. @skinnyjeanzbound do you know?
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @toots-- If I recall, a while back robin decided to leave the thread b/c she felt too much time on the computer was inhibiting her progress. I know she had also been dealing with a number of health issues and some emotional baggage from her childhood which she shared in detail with us. She let us all know she was leaving and said her good-byes and well-wishes, so she didn't just disappear. I'm not sure if she still peeks in on us, but I hope she is doing well.

@drea-- It's great that you are getting so much support ITRW, though I agree, it's often easier to be open with strangers. Funny though, after 5 years on this thread, a lot of the folks on this thread are no longer strangers to me. Some I've met in real life, and others I've just gotten to know really well through years of posting. If you keep coming back, maybe you'll be one of them. :)

@tracy (newcaddy)-- why is it that road trips seen to beg for crappy food? When I drove back from South Haven last week, I bought a bag of Combos to snack on in the car. It was a bag that had 4.5 servings, and I ate at least half of it which was almost 500 calories. I don't ever buy them in my normal life--in fact, I think they're kind of gross--but for some reason, if I'm on a long car ride and stop at a gas station, I have to have them.

@badnoodle -- I've never heard of a pepperoni roll before; where are you from?

@pinkstarberry --glad you are getting into making the gym a habit. I know you were hesitant at first. Speaking of gyms, I haven't been to mine in a week-- between travel and general busyness, I just haven't gotten there.

@niki-- that's great that you are noticing the loss in your clothes. I find that to be a much more meaningful measure than the scale anyways. Thanks for sharing the video. The Amazing Race challenge I'm in has a lot of video challenges, and though I've disliked a few, there are a couple that I've incorporated into a my regular routine.

@taburbey --I also had a bad couple of days on Friday and Saturday, but am right back at it this week.

@trinati-- congrats on making it to 25 lbs lost!! That's awesome!

@mermaid & trinati-- please see my comment above to toots regarding robinsegg.

@becca-- I totally get what you mean, but trust me that you are never just talking to yourself on this thread. Even when I miss a few days of posting updates, I still check in to see what everyone is doing. And what niki said is true; it's a great place to verbalize and track your goals. :)

@mermaid-- I'm 46, 5'7", SW = 247, CW 196. I've never been thin, and anyone who says weight loss is easy at any age, has probably never truly been overweight. I will say that my body has changed since I was younger. My stubborn area has shifted from my hips and thighs to my midriff, but I don't think it's any harder to lose weight now than when I was in my 20s or 30s.

@oberon-- momentum seems to be eluding me. I will string together a couple of good days eating well or working out or both, but then I let myself get distracted from my goals. I'm on vacation, or I have a social engagement, or "Oh look, ice cream!"-- not sure what my deal is, but I know it's a choice b/c I've chosen to eat well and exercise consistently in the past (and lost 60 lbs doing so). Now I just need to choose to do so again.

@katrena-- It's so good to see you back.

@suzn-- it's so great that you've found an activity that you enjoy. You're so right about not wanting to waste the effort of a great workout on a some empty calories. I think part of my problem lately is that my workouts haven't been really challenging. Maybe if I push myself more at the gym, I will enjoy the workouts more and it will help me avoid going over my calorie goal. Your post has inspired me to figure out some specific goals related to my running and lifting. Thanks!

@liz-- Were you a regular poster on here a couple of years ago? You look familiar and I seem to remember a liz from idaho from awhile back?

Welcome to anyone I missed on this round! :smile:

Monday Check-in:
    Wow, I can't believe it's been over a week since I've posted here. Last week was fine; a few good days a few not so good days, thus, my weight has remained stagnant. As I mentioned above, I think I need some specific goals to get myself back into really pushing myself when I exercise. Maybe I will look for a race to sign up for. I need to think about this, but I will get some new goals posted tomorrow.

Fitness Goals for the month of August:
    TBA

You vs Year Challenge:
    228 k done/ 772 k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE + yard work DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner + do weights and abs videos
    Wed-- walk gunner + gym
    Thurs-- walk gunner + do weights and abs videos
    Fri-- walk gunner
    Sat-- walk gunner + gym

• RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,862 Member
    Options
    RobinsEgg wrote: »
    To all my weight loss friends, I love you all, and I have learned much from every one of you​; I appreciate all of you for the support you have given me and for what I have seen you give each other. That is so beautiful: to see caring support given to each other. <3 Please keep that alive. Do NOT lose that because of what I am about to say:

I​t is time to ​hang up my MFP shoes, and quit this discussion thread I love so much. That doesn't mean the discussion will end. It does very well in my absence. All I add really, is a sense o​f​ continuity, and a cheerleading presence. Not much more.

After all, I haven't been here all that often lately.

My absenses have been rather noticable and like a dirty rat, I've lied and made excuses. I've often sat by my step-mother's side, but not as often as I've stated. More often than that, I have ​been the one​ hospitaliz​ed​. Over the last two-plus years, I have suffered a series of strokes​,​ ​nervous​ disorders and ​depression​ problems.

I was just released from the hospital yesterday after a 5-day stint for kidney-failure and an overwhelming depression. I have 2 surgeries scheduled in the near future, and more down the road.

My doctor knows my life in full, and says I am not living a well-rounded life. I don't have much of a chance left unless I make major changes. ​ Once change: ​ I need to just walk away from the computer, and if I correspond it will be by phone.

If you want to exchange phone numbers, PM me.

​I hope you find another Robin. It would be simple, if one could Stand Up for the job. . to be the consoler and champion of the group. I'm not nominating anyone but there are several strong personalities here that would do justice and have been better supporters of this discussion than myself for over a year. o:)

This past year I have failed the discussion in every possible way.

I am hoping one of you will step forward, and take on a new identitiy, change your name to Robin Something-or-Another, and keep posting to this thread and find it in your heart to be the person I was, the one to drop by and say encouraging things to others. To suggest the Monthly Challenge. To boot out (privately) those occasional interlopers who use the discussion for their selfish purposes without interacting with the rest of this community. That's all I ever did as far as responsbilities go. Nothing more.

Farewell, friends. Its time for this Robin to fly over to a new lawn and sing a song of gratitude that it is a New Spring. :'(:)

I was curious about her goodbye as I am currently saying goodbye to the Weight Watcher message boards. They are removing them permanently. :( When one thing ends, another begins. That's why I am here.

For those that don't know, my name is Rachael. I am 5' 6", happily married 13yrs w/ 0 kids. It is hard for me to tell you my starting weight b/c I have started and restarted and restarted and ... So lets just say my highest weight is my SW312, CW305. I am happy to be mfp friends with almost anyone.

-Rach
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,862 Member
    Options
    FYI, that quote is from April 2, 2016. MFP says Robin has not returned since April 15.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @mermaid-- thanks for finding robin's good bye post. I know another regular poster from this thread named lori (her user name was cblue and some numbers) kept in touch with robin (ellen) via phone, but she also hasn't posted in quite awhile.
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    @skinnyjean. -- yes I was on a couple of years back! I got sidetracked by life stuff! Now back again! This time trying to loose weight same joint issues and very stubborn type 2 diabetes! The Doctor has changed my meds a couple of times.

Monday was success was just staying consistent and being more patient with myself. Before if I made a mistake I panic! This weight thing trying to get healthy is a journey ! It's not for sissies!

Just an update!
    I am married-- live in Idaho. Have one daughter 23 year old with autism who lives with us! I also work full time at a center for adults with disabilities. We have one lovely sweet care dog! Bella Jo ( my daughter name her)

I now weigh 304lbs I need surgery on my ankle! But need the weight off before surgery at least some.

That is a little bit about me!

Liz

• trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    dreawest wrote: »
    I joined MFP 3 years ago and lost 50 lbs before stopping and in the 3 years I gained it back plus an extra 20. I can't believe I let myself get above 300 again. Oh well. I am in a better position this time. I have a weight loss partner at work and my husband has joined this time to support me (he's super fit but the education on what is in stuff is interesting for him and it means that I can't hide my eating from him as my diary is open to friends. He promised to be kind as it is still new and I feel a tad exposed. Its easier to be open with strangers sometimes.)

I agree completely!! It is harder to be open with my husband than it is with complete strangers. I'm not sure why but one of my biggest problems is hiding my food from him. Because of that I used to eat two dinners (eating while cooking or eating when I feed the kids and then eating dinner with him because I was embarrassed about what I had done.

Robinsegg sounded so sad and depressed in her last post. I truly hope that she is out there and feeling better about herself. It almost sounded like the board made her feel more guilty.
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound I'm in northern West Virginia. The pepperoni roll is thelocal delicacy. At it's simplest, it's a small amount of stick pepperoni wrapped in a dinner roll and baked, which renders the spices and grease from the pepperoni. But they is great variety in dough style, amount of filling, cheese, etc.
    They don't have to be refrigerated, so they make a super handy snack.

As it is Tuesday, my goals this week are
    1. Lift three days
    2. Make 10 miles progress on the Me vs the Year challenge
    3. Get my mock gravesite dug. Honestly, I'm not looking forward to this. The soil around here is hard as rock, and you need a pretty big jole to bury a full sized dummy. But I need to get it done because one of my labs this semester is on gravesite excavation.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @badnoodle ... I think a pepperoni roll would quickly become my favorite food if I had em here ... just love pepperoni or any kind of sausage-type meat in a roll ... Keilbasa, Wursts, Salami, ... the higher the fat and spice content, the more I could (and would) over eat on them.

@About_Robin'sEgg ... Thanks @Mermaid-- for going all the way back to find her goodby letter. I also keep in touch. The last time we spoke she was 'holding her own' but was feelling line she would have loved to adopt a puppy for companionship and the added activity a pet dog provides from taking them for walks at least twice a day. This is one woman who no matter what kind of problem or misery is going on in her own life always sounds so upbeat and happy ... and always is eager to hear about 'you' instead of talking about herself. Just <3 you Robin!

@Trinaati-- and @drea-- Oh Boy! Can I relate to your husband stories! I am no longer married, but in our household back then, we were like the child's story book couple, Jack Sprat and his wife. He was long and lean and had trouble keeping weight on, and all the weight that dropped off him found it's way onto me so I was always careful about every spoon or forkful of food that went into my mouth. When we divorced, I guess I kind of let my mouth not be censored any more and now I am, it seems, a permanent member of the MFP family as I try to regain my health and vitality.

@Liz--I think I also remember you from 2014. We have several other folks back on from before, and it feels like old friends coming 'home' for a visit to see their posts.

That's all the time for chats i have available today ... so on to my Tuesday Goal update. ...

Speaking of which ... do you 'old timers' remember some of the monthly challenges we used to have on here that where 'on your honor' and the winner got nothing but the motivational push the challenge gave? Maybe we ought to consider having one again some September ... you know, new season, new habits, new you?

I'm keeping the same goal on this thread as I have in my other social groups ... just cause this 71 year old brain cannot multi-task as well as it once did.

1 - Maintain my intake between 1400-1600 calories a day
    2 - Workouts at Least 3 days, 1 day walking
    3 - Track my water intake and strive to fill that glass on my food log page.
    4 - Dance to at least 7 songs a day
    5 - my old nemasis ... be a 'good' homemaker

:wink: Niki
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    That goodbye latter from @RobinsEgg was so sad. I never engaged with her as I just started on this thread but that is so very sad. I am glad @Nikion901 has kept in touch and kept up with her. I am going to make it a goal to read this thread even if it takes me months. I hope she is doing well.