Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals:
    - Get to 15K steps. I am working from home and have to go to the Mets game for work tonight so this is going to be hard so I'll just make that my goal for the day.
    - Day 8 #nomorealcohol

If this is for the week, mine is to:
    - stop snacking
    - stay green on calories
    - keep with no more alcohol
    - START EXERCISING!!!!!!!!!! I am abysmal lately in this department
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals:
    • Clear my dining room table off
    • Walk
    • Put away clean clothes
    • Find my fitbit charger (I didn’t wear it for a week because I was in and out of the water so I didn’t want to wreck it – but apparently, can’t figure out where I put the charger!!)

@Nikion901…thank you for the update on Robin. She certainly had a way of making all of us feel welcome and I hope she can continue on her journey and find peace and happiness.

AFM: Michael and I went on the dinner/drink cruise along the Missouri river last night with my work. There were about 100 of us on the Riverboat and we had such a nice time. We don’t go out very often with his work schedule (he works nights and weekends) and he commented several times (“that was nice” “thanks for the date”). I did great on my food until I had 2 drinks on the Riverboat that put me over on the calories. DANG IT! But back to water and protein shakes today to try to get the salt flushed out of my body.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @toots-- If I recall, a while back robin decided to leave the thread b/c she felt too much time on the computer was inhibiting her progress. I know she had also been dealing with a number of health issues and some emotional baggage from her childhood which she shared in detail with us. She let us all know she was leaving and said her good-byes and well-wishes, so she didn't just disappear. I'm not sure if she still peeks in on us, but I hope she is doing well.

I didn't think she did, I figured I just missed it, which I did. My attendance comes and goes. I wasn't trying to castigate anyone. I just didn't know.
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    @tootsanderson I understand the hermit lifestyle lol. I work in a basement with no windows. In the winter I'm lucky if I see daylight at all. But don't get discouraged! Look for the victories in everyday actions. Sounds like you've got a plan and that's awesome!:smile:

I didn't see this until now @MeLanceUppercut I don't work in a basement lol. But sometimes I feel like it. I'm a professional writer and I have an office, but I always keep the blinds closed because it creates a weird reflection on my screen when I'm writing. Obviously, you can tell where my priorities are haha.

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @toots-- If I recall, a while back robin decided to leave the thread b/c she felt too much time on the computer was inhibiting her progress. I know she had also been dealing with a number of health issues and some emotional baggage from her childhood which she shared in detail with us. She let us all know she was leaving and said her good-byes and well-wishes, so she didn't just disappear. I'm not sure if she still peeks in on us, but I hope she is doing well.

I didn't think she did, I figured I just missed it, which I did. My attendance comes and goes. I wasn't trying to castigate anyone. I just didn't know.

Oh, I didn't think you meant anything negative. I was just letting you know so you wouldn't be worried that she just dropped off the thread.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @tracy-- one constant goal that never seems to get realized in this house is to clean off the dining room table. LOL

@oberon-- I joined the thread in July of 2011, but I never thought to go back and read it prior to that--I think it had already been going for over a year before I joined. Back then, we had to manually roll the thread every 20 pages, and then in 2012 robin started a brand new version of the thread and gave us all s search word to find it. When MFP reconfigured so the thread could be continuous (no rolling over), I think we lost the first couple of years worth of posts. They are probably still in the original thread--I think it was called "Need to lose 100 pounds? Let's start a group!" or something along those lines. Anyways, I think it's great that you want to go back and read the whole thread--you will certainly get to know us if you do! :smile:

@badnoodle --that snack sounds dangerous! LOL! I'm also in the You vs. Year challenge, but I've made very little progress at it lately. As you can see below, I'm certainly not on track to make the 1000 k goal, but I like how you planned out a certain amount of miles for the week, so I think I will copy that. :smile:

Tuesday Goals:
    I've been thinking about my running goals b/c I've kind of let that aspect of my workouts slide. Even when I do run, I feel like I'm just phoning it in--rarely ever pushing myself to go faster or longer. Right now my comfortable pace for a 5k is about 5.3 mph. When I was running more regularly, it was more like 5.5 mph, so my goal is to get back to that pace by the end of September. Beyond that I would like to increase my pace so that I can run a PR at my Thanksgiving Turkey Trot. My current PR for a 5k is 35:25, so that is the goal.

For this month, I'm going to give myself a few specific running tasks to complete each week or by months end.

Fitness Goals for the month of August:
    Run 1 mile at my fastest pace 1x/week
    Run 2 miles in 23 minutes 1x/week
    Run a 5 k in <36 minutes by month's end

You vs Year Challenge:
    228 k done/ 772 k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE + yard work DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner NOT DONE + do weights and abs videos DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner + gym
    Thurs-- walk gunner + do weights and abs videos
    Fri-- walk gunner + gym
    Sat-- walk gunner
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I sat down to watch the Olympics this evening-- I watch maybe 2 minutes than I feel asleep in my recliner! May have been still asleep if it wasn't for my DH looking for his car keys! He works over night so he was getting desperate ! I hope in an hour I can go to bed and sleep!

My Tuesday goals
    Monday- Wednesday- Friday : Water class at the Y.

Tuesday and Thursday walking the indoor track at the Y!

Saturday: Pickle ball class

Sunday rest day

Today marks my 10th day in a row on MFP my first weight in will be this Thursday! I have my monthly Doctor appointment!

It is good to be back! I always like this thread very supportive and encouraging! Thank you for the warm welcome!

Wishing everyone a good night!

Liz
    From lovely Treasure Valley of Idaho

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

I'm sorry I've been so MIA lately, so much going on. Its been hard for me to check-in from work and then in the evenings I've just been preoccupied (i.e. Olympics and still looking for a better job). Looks like there are a ton of newlings, welcome to everyone.

I did get my cast off yesterday and am in a boot now. PT will start in a few weeks, meanwhile I'm allowed to bike at the gym. So steadily making progress.
  • luckylaw
    luckylaw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @pinkstarberry Congratulations! That's awesome!!!

@kah68 good luck with the rehab!

Wednesday Wish- to find a new job. I'm depressed with mine. Burnt out. I need a complete change of pace.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Pretty much on plan. It started raining buckets last night so I couldn't walk. Today about a 5 lb loss. Allergies have kicked in so not feeling well. Tomorrow is a shopping trip with singles group. I really don't know any of them so hope I fit in. Today still working in house to get organized

pinkstarberry - Congrats to you. One lb at atime

Katrena
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    Oh, I didn't think you meant anything negative. I was just letting you know so you wouldn't be worried that she just dropped off the thread.

Thanks. I was a little concerned. Although, in retrospect, I think maybe I asked before, or even saw her post. After half a dozen children, my mind isn't as good as it once was lol
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wishes huh. I'm new to this thread and this structure might help me participate. First off though, congrats pinkstarberry! That's great!

I don't normally spend much time wishing but I suppose we all have the standard I wish I could eat whatever and not gain weight or wish it would be easier or faster to lose. Just recently I find myself wishing that I could find a decent treadmill that can handle my weight that doesn't weigh 500lbs or cost a fortune. At the moment I'm trying to lose enough weight to be able to use home exercise equipment to help me lose weight...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Today I hit 40 lbs lost. :) I'm feeling extra motivated and happy, and I finally got to open to gift I ordered in celebration of this milestone! Now... only 100 lbs to go! Ha ha ha... I'll just continue taking it one step at a time. If I keep it up, I know I'll be feeling much better by Christmas, when I go back home to visit my family.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Congratulations! Awesome job!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Wednesday Wishes...

I have a lot of them. I'll pick one. I wish I was better able to interact with people so I didn't always feel uncomfortable and tend to avoid social situations. It would help my career.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I failed on my goals for yesterday. Ah well. Today is a new day. :)
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wishes ... That I don't have to end up giving myself 'tough love' over my procrastinating habits. The inner mom in me is starting to lose patience with my lolly-gagging around instead of buckling down to tasks that are waiting to be done around here.
  • taburbey
    taburbey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish- that I had stronger will power when it comes to food, sweets to be specific. I LOVE CHOCOLATE, EVERYTHING!
  • suznhenz
    suznhenz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Had a pretty good day- was able to get in 1 3/4 hours of bike riding in, then satisfied a craving I've had for days (a fried chicken thigh-extra crispy) without messing up my diet. DH and I went to KFC and I just ordered the thigh, he lot a combo meal for himself (and, by the way, the "senior drink" was free!!), then went home and had a nice size slice of watermelon- which is a staple in my refrigerator! I'm still only at 1000 calories, so will have a sliced apple in a little bit, sprinkled with cinnamon-as my night-time snack while we watch the Olympics. I am going to hate when my local store runs out of Envy apples!!!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @suznhenz --I don't think I've ever had an Envy apple. I'll have to keep an eye out for that type the next time I'm at the store. I also keep watermelon as a staple. My DH doesn't much like it, but I can eat a whole melon in a few days (along with a little help from my dog), so I cut it up and put it in the fridge as a go-to snack.

@taburbey --I also love chocolate, but I love the super-dark chocolate variety. Milk chocolate is a bit too sweet for me. I often keep a bag of dark chocolate squares in the cabinet to satisfy cravings. Plus, dark chocolate has anti-oxidants and is a proven appetite suppressant, so I feel better about eating it. :)

@niki- I don't think I ever developed an "inner-mom," but these days I could sure use one. I've gotten very little done around the house this summer as far as projects go. Now I only have a week and a half before school starts, so I guess they aren't all going to happen.

@oberon-- what do you do for a living? I don't usually struggle in social situations, but as a teacher, it can sometimes be awkward communicating with teenagers. It's especially difficult for me when my students want to "overshare" about their personal lives. Fortunately, that doesn't happen too often.

@drea-- have you looked on Craig's List for a treadmill? They often have a lot of exercise equipment for sale.

@toots-- Haha, yes I've heard children can do that to you. LOL :smiley:

@katrena-- congrats on the 5 lb loss! I'm also battling congestion due to allergies--I was fine all summer and then, BAM!, August seemed to bring them on full force. Good luck at your singles outing.

@luckylaw -- Sorry your job is depressing you; that's no good at all. We spend far too much time at work to be unhappy there. I hope you find something that's better for you. :smile:

@pinkstarberry -- Woohoo on 40 lbs lost!! And congrats on getting to open your gift. Are you going to share what it is? I've been dying to know since you first mentioned it, but if it's a secret, that's okay too. :smile:

@kelley (kah)-- Glad to hear you got the cast off and can at least cycle at the gym. Are you looking for a better job to put that certification you worked so hard for to use?

@liz-- hope the weigh-in at the doctor's goes well tomorrow!

Wednesday Wish:
    That I can get my running pace and endurance back to what it was a year ago. Today I ran a mile in 10:32 which was actually better than I expected, but a year ago, I could do it in 10 minutes. I know part of it is due to the 10 additional pounds I'm currently carrying, but it's also b/c of my lack of serious training lately.

Fitness Goals for the month of August:
    Run 1 mile at my fastest pace 1x/week: Week 1 = 10:32
    Run 2 miles in 23 minutes 1x/week
    Run a 5 k in <36 minutes by month's end

You vs Year Challenge:
    229 k done/ 771 k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE + yard work DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner NOT DONE + do weights and abs videos DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner + do weights and abs videos