What's your goals for today?

Options

Replies

• melodyjosie
    melodyjosie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Smash out a tummy/ab class tonight at the gym, then do some elliptical. I'm so sore from working out all week but I am determined to push through it!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    tbolashana wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I'll be off for an extended adventure so I won't be able to log for a bit. My goals will be to hike, bike or backpack each day during the trip. B)

Good luck to everyone out there setting and meeting goals! o:)

@jenilla1

How was your adventure? What did you do?

Oh, it was just regular old camping at a campground (took our two elderly - one of them is ancient- dogs so we didn't want to risk killing them off with a major backpacking trip.) Did some mountain biking and hiking. It was a little hot, which turned out OK since the campground was not crowded because if it. About half a mile away from the campsite (down a lovely shaded path) was a little oasis with a waterfall. Nice place to hang out during the hottest part of the day. Perfect overnight temps. (I hate being cold.) I enjoyed it. Thanks for asking! :)

m6i4492k4snc.jpg
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Goals for Monday-Friday

6. Work on Clutter Monster at least twice

What's the Clutter Monster? Sounds like my guest room. LOL.
  • SweeTemptation95
    SweeTemptation95 Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Complete 40 min of weight training and 20 min of Pilates
    Stay within my calorie goal
    Drink at least 1.5 L of water
  • newlyliving
    newlyliving Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I didnt drink a gallon only 64oz. Completed 10,432 steps and 1 hr gym. Also stayed within calorie limit. Will try again
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Upcoming Goals:

1. Gym tonight for weights.

2. Pool tomorrow (not really purposeful exercise, just chillin', but I'm sure there's a burn when you're swimming around casually for an hour or so.) Hope it's a calorie burn and NOT a sunburn. B)

3. Saturday - mountain biking with the husband!
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Goals for Monday-Friday

1. 10k steps
    2. Bed by 11
    3. 2 fruits a day
    4. Finish all veggies in fridge
    5. Bike ride at least twice
    7. 5 loads of laundry or more

I will make sure to check in every day for updates.

So yesterday I forgot to post my results, sorry. But I made it to only 5200. And did OK with fruits, but nothing else. Smh....

Today -- steps so far 7k. Better than other days. And I did a load of laundry. Tomorrow is my last day to attempt or do some of my goals. I hope to get to 10k steps.

• tbolashana
    Options
    I'll be off for an extended adventure so I won't be able to log for a bit. My goals will be to hike, bike or backpack each day during the trip. B)

Good luck to everyone out there setting and meeting goals! o:)

@jenilla1

How was your adventure? What did you do?

Oh, it was just regular old camping at a campground (took our two elderly - one of them is ancient- dogs so we didn't want to risk killing them off with a major backpacking trip.) Did some mountain biking and hiking. It was a little hot, which turned out OK since the campground was not crowded because if it. About half a mile away from the campsite (down a lovely shaded path) was a little oasis with a waterfall. Nice place to hang out during the hottest part of the day. Perfect overnight temps. (I hate being cold.) I enjoyed it. Thanks for asking! :)

m6i4492k4snc.jpg

@jenilla1

What beautiful dogs!!! I plan on camping next summer. I also DESPISE being cold. I'm happy the night temp was warm. And great find with the waterfall!
  • tbolashana
    Options
    Goals for Monday-Friday

Lol. It's a throw-all room that, as you guessed it, I throw everything. Lol. It is terrifying to me. I also have baby Clutters in other rooms. Smh. I don't know what's wrong with me. Smh.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    I didnt drink a gallon only 64oz. Completed 10,432 steps and 1 hr gym. Also stayed within calorie limit. Will try again

@newlyliving

Bravo!!!
  • tbolashana
    Options
    Complete 40 min of weight training and 20 min of Pilates
    Stay within my calorie goal
    Drink at least 1.5 L of water

@SweeTemptation95

How'd it go yesterday?
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Goals for Monday-Friday

Lol. It's a throw-all room that, as you guessed it, I throw everything. Lol. It is terrifying to me. I also have baby Clutters in other rooms. Smh. I don't know what's wrong with me. Smh.

Yes, that's my guest room. The only guests in it are clutter monsters. Actually, they're more like deadbeat tenants than guests. I know how you feel. :s
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Upcoming Goals:

2. Pool tomorrow (not really purposeful exercise, just chillin', but I'm sure there's a burn when you're swimming around casually for an hour or so.) Hope it's a calorie burn and NOT a sunburn. B)

OK, so I seem to have developed some sort of virus-like thing. A sore throat and congestion, so I chose not to expose the gym to my nastiness. Going mountain biking as planned, though. Will take it easy and just chill down the trail.
  • tbolashana
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Goals for Monday-Friday

Yes, that's my guest room. The only guests in it are clutter monsters. Actually, they're more like deadbeat tenants than guests. I know how you feel. :s

@jenilla1

LMAO! Deadbeat tenants!!!!! Lol
  • tbolashana
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Upcoming Goals:

OK, so I seem to have developed some sort of virus-like thing. A sore throat and congestion, so I chose not to expose the gym to my nastiness. Going mountain biking as planned, though. Will take it easy and just chill down the trail.

@jenilla1

Awww poor baby! I feel like I am also coming down with something. Definitely take it easy.

• tbolashana
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am receiving motivation and inspiration from y'all with your dedication with goal setting. Tomorrow's goals for me are to:

1. drink 8 cups of water (I am horrible with this)
    2. log everything
    3. complete insanity month 2 day 1 (yikes!) in the AM and c25k session week 5 day 1 (yeesh!) in the PM.
    Lets rock these goals!
    Shaun

@SunshaunSmiles

So how are your goals going?

Your goals sound very similar to mine. I just completed Insanity last week. I am horrible about getting my water in. I also wanted to do c25k. Maybe I'll start one day. Currently doing Brazilian butt lift.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    MizT94 wrote: »
    My goals for today and this week. Monday pledge ...

I'm off work today and have to visit the parents. So I aim to do at least an hour of activity in the 'fat burning zone' of my Fitbit Charge HR. Into 'cardio' zone if I can manage it for part of this time. That means out walking (can't run because of my knee at the moment) or on the bike but we have heavy rain today so it might be the indoor exercise bike.

Every day this week ....
    Do my half hour walk at lunchtime to get away from my desk.

Out on the bike after work to get the cardio for the day.

Drink at least 1lt water while at work and some more at home in the evening.

Stop logging my food. I never look back at it and I know what I should and shouldn't eat and my portion sizes. I don't see the point in doing this any longer. I've been logging with WW for a while and now given it up.

Do not check my Fitbit dashboard until 9pm, I get obsessed with it and have to do better if I'm not where I should be.

Do not step on the scales until Thursday.

Enjoy my life. Stop stressing at the little things and love my family and home.

@MizT94

Great goals!! How are your doing with them?

I definitely understand about the logging of food!! And explanation was exactly how I feel. It summed it up perfectly!

I finally am not obsessed with stepping on the scale. I still do, but don't get upset with the numbers. I used to weigh 2 or 3 times a day. Good luck with that because it a hard habit to break.

And the last goal is the one I love the most.

• tbolashana
    Options
    Goals for Monday-Friday

1. 10k steps
    2. Bed by 11
    3. 2 fruits a day
    4. Finish all veggies in fridge
    5. Bike ride at least twice
    7. 5 loads of laundry or more

I will make sure to check in every day for updates.

So this week's attempt at making my goals were not that great. I didn't put the effort in. But I'm happy I set some. I will make a new goal list for the upcoming week. And the goal for this weekend is to eat reasonably, exercise both days, and go to sleep at a decent time. I think I can manage that stuff. I'll have more concrete goals for the weekend next time.
  • Rosemary5991
    Rosemary5991 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like this idea bc it can change from day to day if I want more fruit or anything. The original post had good guidelines so I will use some of those goals today.

-8 glasses of water (already had two and I count my unsweetened green tea in this)
    -3 servings fruit
    -3 servings veggies
    -Walk
  • tbolashana
    Options
    I like this idea bc it can change from day to day if I want more fruit or anything. The original post had good guidelines so I will use some of those goals today.

-8 glasses of water (already had two and I count my unsweetened green tea in this)
    -3 servings fruit
    -3 servings veggies
    -Walk

@marialarosa95

Welcome to my thread. I hope it provides a place where you can hold yourself accountable. I will try to check in with you to see how your going with your goals to help push you to your goals. Good luck!

How'd your goals go for today?