40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Training for a 10K race the day after my birthday.. I turn 48 in exactly 30 days from today.. I just had to tell somebody.. I hope I can still run well after 9/9/16 another year later....LOL

Anywho, its been a while since I posted here, and I hope all you lovely cool kids are doing well, keeping the faith and having fun while doing it!!!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Turning 44 in 6 weeks. Lost 33 lbs two years ago but have regained and relost about 7 lbs since then. I'm currently up the 7 lbs. I want to get them back off and also lost another 5 after that.

Doing my best to cut carbs and sugar. Starting a 30 Day No-Soda Challenge today. Striving to walk 2.5-3 miles at least 5 days/week.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Got my bike in yesterday...started great....finished a bit slow though, definitely some work to get back into form, but great to get back on the saddle.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Training for a 10K race the day after my birthday.. I turn 48 in exactly 30 days from today.. I just had to tell somebody.. I hope I can still run well after 9/9/16 another year later....LOL

You're much too young to be worried. I'm sure you'll smash it!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    On vacation but trying to not go to crazy with food, other than lobster and beer! Should have gone to the hotel fitness room and done free weights, but didn't. I have however gown 26,000 steroids today and over 25,000 yesterday so I've for the cardio covered.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    On the bike for 2 hours today - job done!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Still hot even though night but 5k done
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Total Body & X2 Ab Ripper"=Done!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    P90X Legs and Back
    plus an hour and half walk last night done!
    praying my boy does not want to do the walk tonight, my legs are going on strike if I use them all as much tonight!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    3furballs wrote: »
    On vacation but trying to not go to crazy with food, other than lobster and beer! Should have gone to the hotel fitness room and done free weights, but didn't. I have however gown 26,000 steroids today and over 25,000 yesterday so I've for the cardio covered.

Maybe "gone" for "gown" and "steps" for "steroids" lol....yayyyy!!

We are on holidays, too....mindful eating will have to wait....I am enjoying summertime drinks....and no gym for me, it is outdoor sightseeing just now.

Here is the peaceful backyard from our Seattle Airbnb

This looks lovely.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    @Beeps2011 -beautiful area to relax
    Enjoy
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    1hour on treadmill
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    AOS - Providence done.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    2.5 hrs on the bike!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Yoga"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    4 mile run = done. open water swim tonight.
    Happy Friday!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids!!!

didn't have much time to play so, did P90X3 CVX, a mix of cardio and Strength. That still got me huffing and puffing big time! Anyway, workouts for the week all checked, hopefully tomorrow I can make it to fitness pro event, meeting all the super cool kids, like Tony Horton, Shaun T, Jillian Michaels, Beto and some other celebrity trainers. Hoping to make it there, not sure if I will be able to tho.