Canine Club for people and pets

jm216
jm216 Posts: 3,733 Member
Whether you've been walking your dog forever, or have been wanting to, this is your opportunity to join!

My name is Jill and I have a Golden Retriever named Roxie. She is my loyal walking buddy who never turns me down and gets me out of bed in the morning. Tell us about yourself and your dog(s).

Replies

• smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    I have 2 dogs.....one is a rescue (besenjii mix) and the other is a black lab puppy. It's too hot to walk them in my area right now. I am so looking forward to it cooling down to take them out. They definitely keep me moving. :)
  • jm216
    I have 2 dogs.....one is a rescue (besenjii mix) and the other is a black lab puppy. It's too hot to walk them in my area right now. I am so looking forward to it cooling down to take them out. They definitely keep me moving. :)

They sound like great dogs! I walk my dog in the morning and in the evening when it's cooler. :)
    It's been a hot summer in Michigan.
  • jm216
    We have a 19 1/2 year old chihuahua( Gizzy) who up until 4 yrs ago would walk 5 miles and look for more. We have a 10 yr old Siberian husky ( Timber) who didn't want to be a lead sled dog. So we picked him when he was 2 1/2 yrs old. He loves the indoors and is a true beauty to look at. Timber loves our 1 1/2 yr old cat. When thunder booms they lay next to each other and shake in fear. Kind of funny to watch, but not funny that they are stressed from it. Once school is back in session timber and I will be hitting the trails in the morning ( we have had an issue with an aggressive female dog and the teenager lets it out.so waiting for school to start). That's us.

I love that Timber and your cat are buddies! Does Gizzy get along with the cat? My dog is fascinated with a black cat in our neighborhood. They just stop and stare at eachother.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    jm216 wrote: »
    zokebuhe8lbw.jpeg

what a sweet face!
  • jm216
    Wolfena wrote: »
    9v9u7tol5wtl.jpg

I go walking 1-2 miles most every night with these two... although, the short legged blond one makes me carry her sometimes. LOL

I think the reason they love going with me so much is because I carry a container of ice water for them to drink (it's been pretty hot lately) It's all about the water, not about time with me at all! B)

The larger floppy eared dog is a rescue we got after Thanksgiving, if 6:30pm rolls around and we're not already out walking she goes insane. If it's raining out, she keeps us up all night full of energy - she is now about 15 months old and still has all her puppy craziness going on!

The other one is 5.5 years old now, she sits there with us and watches the other dog run around like crazy.

Your dogs are so adorable! I like how you carry one when she gets tired!!
  • jm216
    Roxie and I did 2 laps today. My goal is one more tonight...which will make 1 mile.
    Happy walking friends.
  • jm216
    Didn't make our evening walk last night... But it's time for our morning stroll. Happy Sunday my friends!
  • jm216
    Just walked .85 miles with the Walk for a Dog app.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    I take my pitbull named Ruger for a good long walk almost every night. He's almost 2 now and just starting to settle into a fantastic dog. He is working very hard at changing my neighbors mind from the evil dog stereotype he came with as a puppy. He loves my children and tolerates my cats.
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    1 have 2 french bulldogs Fred and Olive who are not good in this heat, so i get up at silly o clock to take them out, at the moment they are both crashed out indoors wearing their cool coats, and Olive who is next to me has just farted :s
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    I used to have a huskey also but when he died i just couldn't get another hence the reason for the frenchies, totally different !!!
  • jm216
    lsutton484 wrote: »
    I take my pitbull named Ruger for a good long walk almost every night. He's almost 2 now and just starting to settle into a fantastic dog. He is working very hard at changing my neighbors mind from the evil dog stereotype he came with as a puppy. He loves my children and tolerates my cats.

He sounds like a great dog!
  • jm216
    I've got two dogs, a 6 y/o Bichon and just over a year old Wooly Siberian Husky. Both love to go on walks. Usually take them for about 40-60 minutes depending on the weather.

That's awesome! Are they good walking together with you? I watch our neighbor's dog once in a while, and it's hard to walk 2 dogs at once, without getting tangled.
  • jm216
    ktcybdryth29.jpg

Look at those faces! <3
    I usually take my wooly mammoth out early too..@5:45 to get a good 15 minute walk in before work.
  • jm216
    VegasFit wrote: »
    I love Frenchies! I would love to get one but they don't wind up in too many rescues and I currently have four dogs anyways. Three terriers mixes and a black lab.
    1891004_10206524420683903_8341758103702236890_n_zpsgreuu3fd.jpg

I love your fur babies!! How did you get them to sit still for so long?