Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to this thread. I have a bit over 100lbs to lose, and I just don't know where to start. I've lost weight before, but gained it all back and more. I just had my first baby (boy) via c-section a little over one month ago. I have ok for exercise. I know the reasons why I want to lose weight such as: 1) I want to be healthy for my little family: I don't want to be out of breath/feeling like I'm dying when I play with my son. 2) My fiancee and I want to get married in the near future and I'd love to lose some weight for the wedding.

I am looking for any support anyone is willing to offer. Thank you in advance!

I'm new to the thread too, but not new to MFP. Finding the right support group is wonderful and so helpful when you have a challenge ahead. You have great goals, I'm sure you will be successful.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    Today I found out the rest of my family is going zip lining and I am welcome to join except I can't because I am too fat for the harness.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Today I found out the rest of my family is going zip lining and I am welcome to join except I can't because I am too fat for the harness.

Bummer.
  • MrsFlint2013
    MrsFlint2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    OK guys. I need help and encouragement!!
    It's been a rough month for me, between the constant sickness and stress, not to mention the school year starting back up once again. Any friend requests would be helpful! Any Fitbit users too! I don't want to lose the momentum I had throughout the summer, but dangit I'm so tired! :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Sunday share:

I am 48, live in NJ, not married, no kids, female (in case my name/ horse pic leaves one confused) and have 2 horses and 4 cats. Happy Sunday all!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share …
    Reading over the posts that came in the past couple of days. Especially the comment made by MermaidPrincess brought a memory back from the recesses of my mind. …

The day I first described myself as FAT out loud, to anyone! Even myself.

Before that day, I skirted around that obvious terms like ‘on the heavy side’, ‘a bit overweight’, ‘stout’, ‘full-figured’, and my favorite ‘pudgy’. Like in ‘pudgy me’ and, ’Do I look pudgy in this outfit?”, and “I hate this pudginess around my middle”, ‘my face is pudgy today’.

However, in my own mind, when I looked at myself in the mirror, ‘fat, fat, fat, fat’ would scream from my silent mouth. I was unable to vocalize that word. It was like if I didn’t say it, then I wasn’t really ‘there’ yet, I was just ‘on the bigger side’.

Now, I’m recalling that it wasn’t until I finally was able to accept the pure and simple fact of my condition that I was able to really start doing something about it.

So … for all my MFP “Need to Lose 100 Pounds” club members … with eyes wide open and a willing heart … let the truth out. Let it empower you! Empower you to make ‘supportive to improved health and figure through weight loss changes’ in what you eat, how you eat it, where and when you eat it. And sometimes even ‘with who you eat it’.
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options

My husband has agreed to go zip lining with me when I've lost enough weight. You should plan one for your future too.
  • donella82
    donella82 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 34, married with one kiddo, and work at home as a freelance writer. I have 100+ to lose but am working on it in increments of 10 lbs so it's not so overwhelming. 26 lbs down so far. :)

Feel free to send me a friend request... Could always use a littlw more encouragement!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    dreawest wrote: »

My husband has agreed to go zip lining with me when I've lost enough weight. You should plan one for your future too.

Great idea.
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Sunday share. Not really sure what to say. I'm a fairly open person but am drawing a bit of a blank. I tend to dream big but lack the actual drive to follow through. I'm hoping that if I focus on losing some weight first I might get better at finding motivation in other areas of my life as well.
    I have a decent job but I have always wanted to write. I don't even care about being successful or even getting published. I just would love to finish a novel. I read a post from someone who said that losing the weight made them feel like they could do anything and they finally finished their book and so now I am hoping that might help me too. Fingers crossed ☺
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Sunday share: I am 56 years old , married not always the easiest marriage but we are working on it!

1 daughter 23yrs old Morgan is on the Autism Spectrum.

We live in a home that we own it is only 1000 sq ft. It is a fixer upper we bought it when the housing market drop with the intentions to fix it up after 8 months there my husband became unemployed! It took him two years to find work so most all of the work didn't happen so now we have lots of things that need repaired!

I work full time!

Liz
    From Idaho

• trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Sunday share: back from vacation and I had a lot of fun! I over ate and ate higher calories food multiple days in a row....so since I left with a weight gain day I'm positive I didn't loose weight and I'm sure the scale will show a gain. But I'm actually trying to look at this positively. Last year I would have eaten a big bowl of icecream every night instead of a really small bowl 2 of the 3 nights. I also only ate 1 rice crispy treat instead of something closer to 5 or 6 over the weekend. I also tried to dish up small potions and if I wanted seconds o could get more. That only happened twice out of all the meals.

So all and all I'm counting this weekend as a fun positive food vacation.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @trinati-- That's absolutely the right way to look at it. You still have to allow yourself to enjoy vacations and special occasions; otherwise, you'll never stick with the lifestyle change. :smile:

@liz--my DH and I also live in a tiny "shoebox" house that's just over 1000 sq ft.

@drea-- I also write, but I trend more toward non-fiction essays or fictional short stories. I don't know if I could ever write a novel, but I have a few ideas for longer works made up of shorter articles or vignettes. Not really looking to get published, it's more of a hobby; though I did finally submit an article to Huffington Post this summer and got accepted to be a voice on their blog pages.

@donella-- congrats on making over a quarter of the way to your goal! I don't really post much anywhere except for this thread or challenges I'm in, so my "friends" here on MFP tend to get neglected if they aren't part of this thread.

@mrsflint--We were just talking in my challenge thread about how tired and run-down we are all feeling. I know for me, it's due to my allergies hitting me pretty hard this month. Hope you are feeling better soon!

@badnoodle-- I've always wanted to try the zucchini noodles, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I love ground turkey in my pasta sauce--much more than ground beef--though I'd never dream of making my own sauce. Cooking is not in my wheelhouse--nor do I have any desire for it to be. LOL

@mermaid-- Your post about zip-lining made me so sad at first, but then I thought the same as drea--you should make that a reward for yourself! I will say that I thought the best thing about losing weight would be looking better, but it's not. The best thing about it is not feeling like I can't participate in certain activities due to being too large. I honestly didn't realize how much I avoided certain scenarios due to my weight until I was no longer avoiding those same situation. Losing weight is very freeing that way. You will get to that point, and you absolutely should treat yourself to the reward of going zip-lining when you do!

@oberon-- Congrats on you 5k--was it an organized race, or were you running on your own?

@robin-- so great to see you pop in and say hello. Faith is beautiful!!

Friday Fitness:
    I'm happy with my activity level for the week. I didn't make my time goal for my 2 mile runs, but both were outside where I'm always slower. My pace goals were all based on my previous treadmill times. I didn't get my videos done on Thursday, but by the time DH went to bed, it was late and I was too tired. I was actually really proud of myself this week b/c I ran in the rain on Friday (that always makes me feel like I'm such a hardcore athlete ;) ), and I ran outside again on Saturday, and it's very rare for me to run 2 days in a row. :smile:

Saturday Success:
    I went to a friends' bbq last night and then the Renaissance Faire today with my sister, bil, and niece, and though I indulged in some foods I don't normally eat, I still kept it in check. Yesterday, I chose boneless skinless chicken breast sandwich over a burger or pulled pork, a tiny taste of the potato salad (which wasn't that great, but if I had taken a larger serving, I would've eaten it all anyways), and a bit of salad. I did that b/c there was an incredible dessert spread and I wanted to try a few different dishes--again, all small portions. Today, we got a lot of junkier fried foods, but we bought one serving and each just had a taste; plus all the walking probably helped cancel out a lot of the calories.

Sunday Share:
    Nothing new to share today. It's my last week of summer vacation, so I have a lot planned--trying to cram a lot of fun in a small amount of time. I also have plans to meet with 2 different colleagues to get some prep work done for the start of the school year. Not so fun, but it will make the first few weeks of school a lot less stressful. :smile:

Fitness Goals for the month of August:
    Run 1 mile at my fastest pace 1x/week: Week 1 = 10:32
    Run 2 miles in 23 minutes 1x/week: Week 1 = 25:33 & 24:46
    Run a 5 k in <36 minutes by month's end

You vs Year Challenge:
    236 k done/ 764 k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE + yard work DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner NOT DONE + do weights and abs videos DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner DONE + do weights and abs videos NOT DONE
    Fri-- walk gunner DONE + run outside DONE
    Sat-- walk gunner DONE + run outside DONE
  • cjbrummet
    cjbrummet Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share
    Hi everyone! I have been off the site and the forum for the last few weeks because I went on vacation. I stayed in a lake house cabin near South Haven Michigan. My first time there and I had a blast. It was a family vacation to see my cousin's daughter get married. It was a beautiful wedding.

So needless to say I more or less blew off my diet, while on vacation. I still tried to pick good choices such as grilled chicken instead of fried ...etc but I think the amount of alcohol I consumed really tipped me off my diet. I think I drink more in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 2 years....lol So as much as would have loved to stay on vacation I think my liver is grateful that I am back home.

While at the cabin I was cut off from the internet, the TV (no cable) and horror of all horror the scale. Those of you who don't remember I have issues of getting on the scale too often. So after 2 weeks I was afraid to step on the scale to see the damage once I got home. Turns out I only gained 2.5 lbs, my husband on the other hand gained 7 lbs, but he wasn't even trying to diet before or after vacation.

So last was my first night back to work and I am trying to get back into logging my meals and I have to start exercising all over again. Anytime I take a break from exercising it seems like I never started.

To all the new people welcome to thread, to everyone I have been chatting with I missed you hope to chat again. I am still reading the last few days to catch up. It was nice to see the comment from @RobinsEgg glad to hear that things are finally starting to improve. Here is wishing you nothing but good things.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    dreawest wrote: »
    Sunday share. Not really sure what to say. I'm a fairly open person but am drawing a bit of a blank. I tend to dream big but lack the actual drive to follow through. I'm hoping that if I focus on losing some weight first I might get better at finding motivation in other areas of my life as well.
    I have a decent job but I have always wanted to write. I don't even care about being successful or even getting published. I just would love to finish a novel. I read a post from someone who said that losing the weight made them feel like they could do anything and they finally finished their book and so now I am hoping that might help me too. Fingers crossed ☺

I love that you want to write. Maybe just set aside 20 minutes of your day every day to get started and go from there?

They say the hardest part of the journey is the first step! Good luck.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound it was an organized run, the Asbury Park 5k. Great tie-died tees. I did ok for barely running these days!
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Monday check-in:

Today marks 70 days straight of logging my food on MFP! I started trying to eat healthier at the end of May, after finishing up the leftovers of my birthday cake, but didn't get serious about tracking until a bit into June, when I signed up for MFP.

I'm also very close to 45 lbs lost and inching closer to my next goal of weighing 220 lbs, which will put me in class 1 obesity instead of class 2. I'm 12.4 lbs away from that goal and I'm feeling more determined than ever to get there! I don't want to suffer health problems due to my excess weight and hopefully I'm still young enough at 31 to avoid as much of that as I can if I turn things around right now. Both my mom and dad are diabetic and have high blood pressure, and take a lot of medicine to manage those issues... I'm scared I will have the same problems if I don't work hard to break out of obesity.

It's hard to believe that when I began trying to get healthier at the end of May my BMI was over 40 and I was morbidly obese, or obesity class 3. I feel so much healthier and more energetic already and I know it will only get better from here!

Some NSVs already: Going from 3X sweat pants to 1X-XL, going from 3X-2X sweaters and shirts to 1X-XL, my old winter coat (size L) fits again and I can zip it all the way up, my bath towel can aaalmost fit around my whole body instead of having a huge gap (now there's only a slight gap at the widest part of my hips), feeling energized after exercise instead of completely exhausted and actually LOOKING FORWARD to exercise! :)
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    @pinkstarberry Thanks! I neede your inspirational story! WTG! :high five:
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Sunday Share: I’m Tracy. I am 43 and live in Bismarck. I’m enjoying my new job as a Ship Direct Lead (been here 3 months now and got some positive reviews from my Manager so it helps me feel like I’m on track as far as learning the job). I just celebrated my 21st anniversary with my husband Michael and have two kids – Jacob (15) and Emma (10).

Monday: I was excited to see the scale drop 3.1 pounds this morning! It’s been very slow going, but hopefully this is the start of some good movement.

@Nikion901…what are the parts that are confusing for you? I agree in general that you should try a plan for at least 4 weeks to determine if it works for you, but is something you read saying you’re doing something dangerous?
    @RobinsEgg…thank you for the update! It’s so good to hear from you and things look like they are looking up (so glad that shot helped!). Hope it works out for Faith and you!
    @Oberon21…glad your 5K went well. Humidity kicks my asthma in the butt so I don’t do well at times. My husband always says we are moving south when the kids are done with school, but with my problems with humidity, it’ll have to be to the southwest.
    @Elizabeth2360…I almost fell asleep in my chair from 7-7:45 last night…my husband looked at me and said give it up and just go to bed. Boy did I need it!
    @Mermaid…It sucks to not be able to do the things we want because of our weight (rollercoaster for me). I think dreawest has a great idea of making it a plan when you’ve lost enough weight.
    @Karen…you are a hardcore athlete!!!
    @pinkstarberry…you are doing awesome!!!

AFM: I was on my choir tour on Sunday and the church we sang at provided a good old fashioned potluck meal! Yum!! I did keep it in check and met my calorie goal. That was impressive for me. Like I said to Elizabeth, last night I was actually in bed by 8:00 and while I woke up at midnight long enough to tell my daughter and her friend to go to bed, I basically slept through til my alarm this morning at 6:00. I’m still struggling a bit with being exhausted here at work. Hoping I’m not coming down with something as we have two people out of the office this week so only two of us left to do the work of four. Can’t miss work!! I also have my pre-op workup on Wednesday. I’m two weeks from my Gastric Sleeve Surgery – it’s getting real!

Friday Fitness:
    Friday – on my feet to do a cake - done
    Saturday – Going to the zoo / amusement park / mini golf with my family – done (I won by a stroke)
    Sunday – choir tour - done
    Monday – Water aerobics
    Tuesday – Walk
    Wednesday – rest day
    Thursday – walk

Have a great day everyone!!!