Canine Club for people and pets

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,724 Member
    jm216 wrote: »
    I've got two dogs, a 6 y/o Bichon and just over a year old Wooly Siberian Husky. Both love to go on walks. Usually take them for about 40-60 minutes depending on the weather.

That's awesome! Are they good walking together with you? I watch our neighbor's dog once in a while, and it's hard to walk 2 dogs at once, without getting tangled.

I haven't walked both of them at once by myself yet. He husky is a bit powerful and he's has that puppy curiosity. f7vnahqgqp1t.jpeg
    3dls7ahcyarv.jpeg

So snugly and cuddly!!!!!
    I love how they're best buddies <3
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,404 Member
    xo534wjn84sm.jpeg

There's one more, a 14 yo beagle, who doesn't like the "dog park" i.e. backyard, he leaves it to the puppies
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    jm216 wrote: »
    VegasFit wrote: »
    I love Frenchies! I would love to get one but they don't wind up in too many rescues and I currently have four dogs anyways. Three terriers mixes and a black lab.
    1891004_10206524420683903_8341758103702236890_n_zpsgreuu3fd.jpg

I love your fur babies!! How did you get them to sit still for so long?

Thank you! The pet photographer is really good and drugs. Lol. One of them has a scrip for doggie zanax.
  • jm216
    xo534wjn84sm.jpeg

There's one more, a 14 yo beagle, who doesn't like the "dog park" i.e. backyard, he leaves it to the puppies

Love your dogs! What are their names?
  • jm216
    pdxhak wrote: »
    Great thread! Here is Scout and he goes with me on all my runs/hikes :)

Here is at 9 weeks and 9 lbs when he first came home

5ba1ip.jpg

3 yrs old and 110 lbs

ih2s8y.jpg

One of the trails we go on is loaded with Gopher holes. He can never resist sticking in head in hole hoping to catch one!

mn0r3t.jpg

What a handsome dog! I love his long legs.
  • jm216
    johunt615 wrote: »
    mvsk4sb7bfm2.jpg

My Aussie.

Love that fuzzy face and those eyes! Beautiful puppy.
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    cgimazap94j2.jpg

Charm is a beagle lab mix I got from the Humane society 8 years ago. She is a truly a trooper.
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    edited August 2016
    ugqqnkvelxrl.jpg

We have 3 rescue dogs and Ziggy, our Russell Terrier. Ziggy loves being active, but due to his deformed front legs, he is unable to go on regular walks as the sides of his front claws wear down until they bleed. He was a decent swimmer when he was young, but now he makes us nervous as he tires quickly and shows poor judgment about when to stop.

Ollie, our bully mix, would be a great running buddy, except that he wanders unpredictably as he runs with me and is a tripping hazard. He and Skippy go out on long walks together, although they don't realize that the purpose is exercise and think that they are out there to hunt small animals. We believe Skippy is a Jackshund, so he is full of energy until he tires suddenly (short little dachshund legs) and needs to be carried for a bit. Skippy does not run on a leash - he slows down if Ollie goes faster than he likes. Luckily, Ollie thinks his main job is to provide protection to the little dogs, so he is careful to match Skippy's pace.

We rescued Zoey, a Jack Russell mix, from Animal Control, where she faked being completely deaf (we suspect there are some hearing and vision deficits, but she definitely reacts to sound). She was very thin when we got her, and it seems to have traumatized her a bit. She is now quite overweight and does not get much exercise. She has many issues (lacks coordination and muscle tone, only turns to the left, poor vision, poor doggy social skills, and she is just plain mean at times), but she is part of the pack and has shown some ability to learn. We've tried taking her on walks on her own and with the other dogs. She does not like them. She won't walk on grass or on pavement and neither temperature nor time of day affects her unwillingness to walk. She will walk on the driveway until she gets to the car (she loves car rides), at which point she lies down and refuses to move. She will walk for short distances on concrete sidewalks and in stores.
  • farminguitarist
    farminguitarist Posts: 49 Member
    My German shepherd is 5 months now and so great tot be around he will motivate me more then anyone :)0fh0zczieg6a.jpg
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Took my 2 dogs for 15 minute walk....too short for them but too hot out side, even at 5:30am. Can't wait for it to cool down.
    How are ya'll adding pics? I don't see that option. I have to show off my dogs, too. :)
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    This is my little man, Henderson. He is a awesome Great Dane; about 6 years old. I feel bad because it is so hot right now in Texas that I haven't been able to take him walking much. Once the temps get better, we will be on our way. :)ot2dxlmygps3.jpg
  • jm216
    cadpro78 wrote: »
    cgimazap94j2.jpg

Charm is a beagle lab mix I got from the Humane society 8 years ago. She is a truly a trooper.

She is so sweet and gentle... You can see it in her eyes!
  • jm216
    ziggy2006 wrote: »
    ugqqnkvelxrl.jpg

We have 3 rescue dogs and Ziggy, our Russell Terrier. Ziggy loves being active, but due to his deformed front legs, he is unable to go on regular walks as the sides of his front claws wear down until they bleed. He was a decent swimmer when he was young, but now he makes us nervous as he tires quickly and shows poor judgment about when to stop.

Ollie, our bully mix, would be a great running buddy, except that he wanders unpredictably as he runs with me and is a tripping hazard. He and Skippy go out on long walks together, although they don't realize that the purpose is exercise and think that they are out there to hunt small animals. We believe Skippy is a Jackshund, so he is full of energy until he tires suddenly (short little dachshund legs) and needs to be carried for a bit. Skippy does not run on a leash - he slows down if Ollie goes faster than he likes. Luckily, Ollie thinks his main job is to provide protection to the little dogs, so he is careful to match Skippy's pace.

We rescued Zoey, a Jack Russell mix, from Animal Control, where she faked being completely deaf (we suspect there are some hearing and vision deficits, but she definitely reacts to sound). She was very thin when we got her, and it seems to have traumatized her a bit. She is now quite overweight and does not get much exercise. She has many issues (lacks coordination and muscle tone, only turns to the left, poor vision, poor doggy social skills, and she is just plain mean at times), but she is part of the pack and has shown some ability to learn. We've tried taking her on walks on her own and with the other dogs. She does not like them. She won't walk on grass or on pavement and neither temperature nor time of day affects her unwillingness to walk. She will walk on the driveway until she gets to the car (she loves car rides), at which point she lies down and refuses to move. She will walk for short distances on concrete sidewalks and in stores.

Each of your fur babies are adorable. Like people, some may have limitations, and we work with them. My Roxie has to stop and sniff things every 5 minutes, and I have to step on her leash around small children because she'll knock them over from her excitement.
  • jm216
    My German shepherd is 5 months now and so great tot be around he will motivate me more then anyone :)0fh0zczieg6a.jpg

What a beautiful dog and family! Thanks for sharing!
  • jm216
    This is my little man, Henderson. He is a awesome Great Dane; about 6 years old. I feel bad because it is so hot right now in Texas that I haven't been able to take him walking much. Once the temps get better, we will be on our way. :)ot2dxlmygps3.jpg

What a sweetheart! It's been unseasonably hot in Michigan too, so I walk at 5:30 am and after the sun goes down.
  • jm216
    Took my 2 dogs for 15 minute walk....too short for them but too hot out side, even at 5:30am. Can't wait for it to cool down.
    How are ya'll adding pics? I don't see that option. I have to show off my dogs, too. :)

To add pictures, there is a camera icon at the top right of your reply... Click the camera, then pick your picture under choose file.
    :)
  • jm216
    I love animals...just like you all do. They bring so much happiness and i just want to thank you all for sharing them with us!
    <3 Jill
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    I have a three year old Rottweiler named Sheba but she also goes by 'Boo', 'Bubba' and 'Don't Eat That'. She's is the antithesis of the stereotypical Rottweiler as she's truly the sweetest, kindest, most gentle dog over I've ever known. She is extremely high energy and gets two walks a day, a ten to fifteen minute one before work and a long two to five mile walk after work. She's perfect for me; I don't live in a great neighborhood so she keeps me safe just because of her size but she's such a baby I know she'd never hurt anyone.