Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Anyone fail on a bio hacking diet?

Options
hamilton8560
hamilton8560 Posts: 61 Member
I receive a lot of negative comments whenever i mention this topic, but it works really well for me as well as anyone else ive influenced to try it. What do you guys think?

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
  • hamilton8560
    Options
    Check out what i eat maybe
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What's the debate?
  • hamilton8560
    Options
    Applying sugar and fats effectively
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    How is that a debate? Not saying it's not, but you aren't explaining it.
  • hamilton8560
    Options
    Well its hard to debate something without content if you dont know what bio hacking is at all where do we start
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Well its hard to debate something without content if you dont know what bio hacking is at all where do we start

I think this might be why people are asking to describe/explain it. Otherwise, there's not much to talk about.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I thought you were doing the carb nite solution by jon keifer?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I don't know if SPEED would increase my metabolism, but I hear it suppresses the appetite.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am still looking for the word diet in this and why or how one fails at this.. I am intrigued..

eta for context: op is according to 8/16 doing the carb nite solution diet, so if guess you can say I do have questions...
  • hamilton8560
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yea im on carb nite thats a bio hack diet example, and power movements being metabolic is getting into bio hacking with exercise. The reason i would assume they increase metabolism is because they are dynamic exercises. Compound lifts have a good impact on metabolism in general, one obvious reason is when a muscle contraction under moderate to high intensity it causes testesterone to flow to those muscles individually. Test = equals fat burning and muscle building anabolic hormone. Appetite surpression occurs under fatigue in general. Its not natural to immediately follow a workout with a couple cheeseburgers. But Does anyone have any other examples or ideas because they all have served me well.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting your information?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'm still confused.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yea im on carb nite thats a bio hack diet example, and power movements being metabolic is getting into bio hacking with exercise. The reason i would assume they increase metabolism is because they are dynamic exercises. Compound lifts have a good impact on metabolism in general, one obvious reason is when a muscle contraction under moderate to high intensity it causes testesterone to flow to those muscles individually. Test = equals fat burning and muscle building anabolic hormone. Appetite surpression occurs under fatigue in general. Its not natural to immediately follow a workout with a couple cheeseburgers. But Does anyone have any other examples or ideas because they all have served me well.

At best there are temporary things that can increase metabolism but most are higher overrated and exaggerated. Protein increases TEF but it's around 1 cal per gram. Exercise does increase metabolism but i dont believe its by much. The best thing about resistance training is muscle maintenance which maintains metabolism.

Also, test is also suppressed in very low carb diets. In turn, it would be difficult to gain any muscle. Strength yes, but not new muscle mass.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    What the heck is a bio-hacking diet?
  • hamilton8560
    Options
    Low fat diets below 20 percent also contribute to a lower testesterone level. Of course everyones hormones are different. The TEF of protein is much higher than fat and carbs but its also the least efficient energy source. High protein diets are effective for that reason but it also explains why you feel terrible on them. Plus ure also causing the body to break down amino acids more. Lean mass is definitely accomplished on ultra low carb diets and theres research that supports that as well as my own experiences, but to compare strength gains of keto with cns... cns blows it out of the water and maybe itll slow down soon and ill have to work something else in but I would really like some of you open minded people to attempt it and see what happens.