Survey NOT a Debate - Exercise Calories

Options
Hiya,

im sure we are all well aware that eating back your exercise calories can be a sore topic for some and usually ends in a debate.
All im wanting to know is 1. Do you eat back your calories 2. Are you losing weight consistently. They only have to be yes and no answers, i don't people getting fired up or upset, just want to get some data on it :happy:

Replies

• HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    1. No, I never eat back my exercise calories.
    2. I lose weight consistently, when I don't binge and when I eat the right foods.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Yes, and yes! Weight loss had slowed, but I feel it is because I am so close to a normal body weight now.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    1. About half the time, just when I'm hungry for more food.
    2. So far so good!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    1. I eat back some of them. Too hard to eat 4k calories a day ;)
    2. Not trying to lose anymore, so no.
  • JoBFit
    JoBFit Posts: 81
    Options
    Yes I am eating my exercise calories because I was told I should
    NO I am not losing weight consistently
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yes, I eat them back...almost all of them

Yes, I've lost 70 lbs...averaging 1 lb per week
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

im sure we are all well aware that eating back your exercise calories can be a sore topic for some and usually ends in a debate.
    All im wanting to know is 1. Do you eat back your calories 2. Are you losing weight consistently. They only have to be yes and no answers, i don't people getting fired up or upset, just want to get some data on it :happy:

Dont eat calories. Consistently lost 2+ lbs per week for 11 straight months.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yes, if I am hungry.
    No, if I am not hungry
    Yes, I am losing.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    1. yes
    2. yes and i reached my goal weight
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yes, usually eat most of them back

No, not consistently losing - however, am very close to goal weight (possible explanation?)
  • hardenedheartx
    hardenedheartx Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    1. I don't eat them all back, only some. I usually have a bunch left over.
    2. Yes
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I eat some of them back but not usually all of them. I don't necessarily lose consistently but physically my body is getting better and better into shape. I have lost more in the inches and put on a lot more muscle so I look like I have lost more then I have.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Yes!
    So far, MFP has delivered and I have lost 0.5 lbs a week, like it said I would.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Yes I am eating...
    Yes I used to... then I got to maintenance... now I eat more than I ever it seems to me, and actually have trouble eating it all back, but I seem to slowly still loose... I think eating back the cals helped my metabolism got to where it is... its actually faster now!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes!
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not all of them.
    Not sure, I'm still newish and getting to grips with it all!
  • Willowalker
    Options
    1. Do you eat back your calories - Some, but not all. If I can have 300-400 calories to the good - I don't eat 'em back.

2. Are you losing weight consistently - yes!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Yes, I always eat them back.

I never lost any weight until I started eating them back consistently. Now I am in maintenance and am happily maintaining while still eating them back.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    For the first couple of months I was on MFP, yeah I was eating them back because I was told to and NO, not loosing weight consistently. Now, Eating SOME of them back every other day (i'm zigzagging cals) and YES, loosing weight slowly but consistenyly! And I strongly believe that they don't need to be eaten back until you're closer to your goal weight and not needing to burn anymore fat (when you're ready to build lean muscle, then the muscles will need to be fed). Just my opinion though :o)
  • GiGGiTy3434
    GiGGiTy3434 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1. No, never have but if I were hungry I would eat some
    2. Yes, I have had a loss on the scale every week since I started in January