It's a hot day, you're thirsty, and you stop at the convenience store...

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I generally don't like buying bottled water (I drink tap), but if out and about and it was hot, I'd probably buy some. If it wasn't a convenience store but a coffee place, I'd get iced coffee/cold brew or some sort of unsweetened iced tea, however.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Water
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Vitamin water.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Either water or a sugar free iced tea.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Water or if I'm really fancying something sweet I'll go for a diet 7up.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Return2Fit wrote: »
    What drink are you grabbing?

cold-vault-300_0.jpg?itok=C0jAwbjp
    I refill my water bottle from their sink....

Being that vagrants and probably crackheads generally frequent these places I'm going to say yuck to this one.

And here I was thinking "yuck to this one" based on the water quality in some very rural areas. I don't often visit convenience stores, but will use them in tiny towns in the middle of nowhere on on long, long bicycle rides, and I've cycled through areas where the water quality is under warning for e-coli or is questionable for other reasons.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Diet dew
    Diet citrus tea
    Monster rehab iced tea/lemonade (just cuz it tastes yummy)
  • HeidiFuture
    HeidiFuture Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sprite Zero
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I will usually get a bottle of sparkling water and a big cup of ice.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened iced tea, a diet Coke/Dr. Pepper or a bottle of water, depending on whichever I feel like having at the moment.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Being that vagrants and probably crackheads generally frequent these places I'm going to say yuck to this one.
    haha - so true!
    And you can also tell much about an establishment by virtue of what they sell in the restroom vending machines - OUCH - and I'm still stealing their water!
    B)

I would probably shoplift a water rather than use their sink if that's the case :lol:

To answer OP: a BOTTLED water and diet Dr. Pepper. And some Slim Jims.

What kind of convenience stores are you going to where you can't just dispense some water from their soda fountain for free?

The PP said sink. Assuming he means bathroom since it would be untoward to walk into their kitchen and refill your bottle. Relax, it was a joke.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    kevita!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options

haha - so true!
    And you can also tell much about an establishment by virtue of what they sell in the restroom vending machines - OUCH - and I'm still stealing their water!
    B)

I would probably shoplift a water rather than use their sink if that's the case :lol:

What kind of convenience stores are you going to where you can't just dispense some water from their soda fountain for free?

Soda fountains?
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Well as its so rarely hot here I'd be straight in the beer garden enjoying the weather ;)
    But if it's for thirst then water..
  • Alluminati
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

haha - so true!
    B)

Soda fountains?

Which already comes out mixed but hey... I go to shady ones apparently. In nice areas with luxurious 711's they have water in soda machines that people can mosey on in and take for free :wink:

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Water or cherry coke zero.
  • Alluminati
    Options

haha - so true!
    B)

The PP said sink. Assuming he means bathroom since it would be untoward to walk into their kitchen and refill your bottle. Relax, it was a joke.

That was really my point, why bother with the bathroom sink if you could just use the fountain? And just because you weren't funny doesn't mean I'm not relaxed.

Wasn't a joke meant for you. Sorry you are having a bad day.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

haha - so true!
    B)

Soda fountains?

One of these
    22-1-00707-91jfknokbl4-600x450.jpg

There is almost always a button or lever to dispense plain water from one. You can see one here right below the lemonade dispenser.

Apparently this is very important to you :lol:
  • MA779
    MA779 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Aquafina definitely water a big cold bottle of water!! I rarely drink soda/pop or anything else unless it's the real deal no artificial stuff or unsweetened tea but I have to have extra lemon so usually only order that when I go out to eat :#
  • speedfreak75
    speedfreak75 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    the biggest jug of water they have