Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not all. I make sure I net a minimum of 1200 though.
    Yes, I have averaged between 1 and 2 pounds since I started about 20 weeks ago.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Yes, I eat enough of them back to get me to at least 1,200 net
    Yes, except for the 5 week stalemate that was a result of NOT eating them back.
  • preacher_lady
    preacher_lady Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    No. I tried to at first but was not losing any weight. I have to stay below a certain caloric intake to lose weight.
    Yes, I am losing consistently for the most part except for an occasional plateau.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    1. I try to, but I often am below my goal even without exercise. I'm short and I just don't need as much as MFP recommends. I do not need a 1200 minimum, my BMR is only 1488 and shrinking.
    2. Yes, I am consistently losing weight.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes. However, my net goal is lower than 1200 (I'm a shortie). It used to be around 900; then I bumped it up to 1000; these days it's 1100, and will probably stay that way for a while.
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I'm still playing around with that one, usually I have a hard time eating my goal cal... But sometimes when I am really hungry I do eat them... So yes and no
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Not regularly. I only eat them back one or two days a week and I exercise 6 days/week. I think a high calorie day here and there is helpful to boosting my metabolism.

Yes. My loss is consistent and I am very close to my goal, without plateaus.
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    For the first couple of months I was on MFP, yeah I was eating them back because I was told to and NO, not loosing weight consistently. Now, Eating SOME of them back every other day (i'm zigzagging cals) and YES, loosing weight slowly but consistenyly! And I strongly believe that they don't need to be eaten back until you're closer to your goal weight and not needing to burn anymore fat (when you're ready to build lean muscle, then the muscles will need to be fed). Just my opinion though :o)

I totally agree with this. I too zig zag my cals and am loosing consistently.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    No, I do not eat my exercise calories back ---- except for the times when I've had bad eating days and gone over my food intake goal.

Yes, I have been losing weight. Once I get close to my goal (23lbs to go) I will reevalute and see what works.
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    When I wasn't eating them back I was losing 1-2 lbs. a week. I started eating them because so many people said I'd wreck my metabolism ...But, it hasn't worked for me. My weight loss has stalled when eating back my exercise calories.
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    1. Yes
    2. Yes - 25 pounds in 4 months.
    3. Love the way you posed this question!!!! :drinker:
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    1) sometimes I eat them back--sometimes have a rough time meeting just the regular calories.
    2) haven't been with MFP long enough & haven't gotten my scale yet (ordering 2nite)
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    1. Yes! I dont always eat them all back; i aim to get to 1400NET calories (minimum of 1200NET) most days instead of my 1600NET cuz its hard to always eat back all of them.
    2. 42 lbs in 15weeks.
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    1. No, but I make sure I hover around 1400-1490 calories on workout days.
    2. Yes, I lose about 0.8 pounds a week.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    1. I always eat back my exercise calories.
    2. I didn't start losing until I did.
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    1. Wow…complex question for me, I do try but often fail due to lack of planning and my schedule. But I have tried many different calorie options. I did not worry about calories for the first 68 pounds and did not keep track of what I ate just began watching calories when starting MFP but it is day by day, when I don’t eat them all, I tell myself it is calorie cycling (a suggestion from one of my fellow peeps).

2. Yes Although in saying that, if you average my loss it works out to be about 2.35 pounds a week over the last 40 weeks, in saying that many weeks can go by without losing a pound and others I lose nicely.
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    No I don't eat them all back
    Yes I am losing consistently
  • Kathy_Noring
    Kathy_Noring Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've only been at MFP two weeks now, but 1.) No, not usually, although sometimes I eat some of them back, and 2.) Yes, so far so good.
  • court428
    court428 Posts: 34
    Options
    I eat back some of my exercise calories, but not all the time. I have been losing weight so much faster than I ever even imgained!