I want to get a tattoo when i hit my goal weight..

Options

Replies

• GreenGablesJes
    Options
    when i hit my goal i am going to get 2 stars on each foot. each star is going to have the birthstone color of each grandparent.
    I already have 2 tattoos but decided to keep this one till i reach my goal!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have 2 that I have finally figured out all of the details for:
    Inside my left wrist, three little birds to remind me not to worry, about a thing....because every little thing is gonna be all right.

The other is a walnut tree, my tree from my childhood home, with a child swinging in her branches and a triquetra carved into her bark. It's very symbolic for me, and it's a memorial tat.

now I just have to find an excellent artist in the inland empire that can do an almost photographic-quality job on my tree. Anyone have any strong recommendations?
  • Lulumaguloo
    Options
    Oh Me too! I want stars on my foot. I also saw someone's before and after pic where she had this beautiful swirl with stars vertically from her rib cage down on each side it was AWESOME. If any of you see that one again let me know. It was Sooooo pretty.
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Oh Me too! I want stars on my foot. I also saw someone's before and after pic where she had this beautiful swirl with stars vertically from her rib cage down on each side it was AWESOME. If any of you see that one again let me know. It was Sooooo pretty.

warning:

DO NOT GET TWO FEET TATTO'D AT THE SAME TIME.

it hurts. you cannot walk. did i mention it hurts?

i have stars and i got a quote added (on both feet) at a later date and OMGPAIN.

Anyway -

TATTOOS. MY FAVOURITE SUBJECT EVER.

I need my full back finished but i refuse to get the sides done until i can sit with my top off for longer than 20minutes without feeling like a beached whale. Might need a tan too...
  • BayouVoodoo
    BayouVoodoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I really want to get a zia somewhere on me, and a HP quote. :) But, I want both of them to be somewhere that isn't too noticeable... You know? Still gotta be a lady. :)

I am heavily tattooed, and I can assure you I am every bit a lady. Ink does not determine if one is a lady or not...actions and character do.
  • BayouVoodoo
    BayouVoodoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good Luck - Tattoos are an awesome motivator . . . before you get one, here are a few things to consider 1st:

Ask any of your local friends who have them 1st - and find out where they got them done. The most important thing (besides the actual tattoo) is the artist who will be doing it. Good tattoos aren't cheap - Remember tattoos are forever.

I would also suggest checking out some actual tattoo shops. Make sure they are clean, in a safe location w/ no Board of Health complaints. A good place will answer all your questions, if they don't want to answer them or seem aprehensive - MOVE ON !!!

* Finding a good connnection and that " trusting-feeling" w/ an artist is also very important.

Now for tattoos - The best place, in my opinion, where you can start looking (on-line) for ideas is: www.tattoofinder.com

Good Luck !!

Mark (NH)

PS - I've got 2 of them so far and am getting ready for my 3rd !!!

Excellent advice! I'd add to ask for spore test results from the autoclave, and if they don't test monthly or won't show you the results, walk away. Also NEVER go to get a tattoo while under the influence of alcohol or any kind of drug, other than a mild OTC analgesic....any artist worth his salt will kick you out of the shop, as tattooing someone while they are wasted is a liability issue for them.

Watch them tattoo someone else, if possible. Watch closely for cross contamination issues like the artist answering the phone or doing something else and then returning to the tattoo without changing gloves first. Gloves get just as dirty as skin.

Etc and so forth.

I plan to finish my sleeve and resume work on my leg pieces as soon as I can, and losing weight is a great motivator, although I was still getting inked when I was at my heaviest. The tattoo "subculture" is one place where I felt at home no matter my weight....it's all about the art.
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have some tattoos on my left arm that are going to look horrid once I get to my goal weight, so I plan on getting them covered up (and then many more). I'd like a full sleeve, but unless a bunch of money falls into my lap, I don't see that happening.
  • Lulumaguloo
    Options

warning:

DO NOT GET TWO FEET TATTO'D AT THE SAME TIME.

it hurts. you cannot walk. did i mention it hurts?

i have stars and i got a quote added (on both feet) at a later date and OMGPAIN.

Anyway -

TATTOOS. MY FAVOURITE SUBJECT EVER.

I need my full back finished but i refuse to get the sides done until i can sit with my top off for longer than 20minutes without feeling like a beached whale. Might need a tan too...

LOL No i only want my right foot, I think. . . . I have symmetry issues.
  • DragonSkip
    DragonSkip Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I want to join the local belly dancing class when I reach my goal weight!
  • stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    For the longest time, I have wanted my 1st tattoo to be of candy (peppermints and the like). However, since I am on the path to divorcing my husband (whom I called "my sweet"), I have come up with another plan....

I want a butterfly coming out of its cocoon...or multiple butterflies but the same concept (to symbolize me beginning anew). It will go on my right lower abdomen.

For the record...I may not wait till my goal weight, I am getting closer by the minute.
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Also checkout this site for tattoo ideas

www.checkoutmyink.com
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    getting both my feet tattooed. i'm big on traveling so i'm thinking i'll get an antique globe with a danish quote by H.C. Andersen "to travel is to live" .. only in Danish. (:
    not very "done being a fatty'ish" but it's the gift i wanna give myself once i've dropped the weight!
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i have 18 more pounds to go until i get my quarter-sleeve. i mentioned the reward tattoo to a friend yesterday and he said it was a great idea. he had been wanting one, and he said he was going to set a goal and get a tattoo as his reward. i keep thinking about how pretty it will be on a skinni-ER arm!
  • Mekob25
    Mekob25 Posts: 88
    Options
    I want to get one as well. My goal is to lose is 100 lbs. Good luck to you!!!
  • MsALMill
    MsALMill Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love Celtic designs and would love to see a pic of this! I've been thinking of getting a cladaugh for ages just not sure where I want it placed yet.
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    CRAP! i'm within 8 pounds of my goal and now i'm scared about the tattoo! how dumb is that?!?!?!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Good Luck - Tattoos are an awesome motivator . . . before you get one, here are a few things to consider 1st:

Ask any of your local friends who have them 1st - and find out where they got them done. The most important thing (besides the actual tattoo) is the artist who will be doing it. Good tattoos aren't cheap - Remember tattoos are forever.

I would also suggest checking out some actual tattoo shops. Make sure they are clean, in a safe location w/ no Board of Health complaints. A good place will answer all your questions, if they don't want to answer them or seem aprehensive - MOVE ON !!!

* Finding a good connnection and that " trusting-feeling" w/ an artist is also very important.

Now for tattoos - The best place, in my opinion, where you can start looking (on-line) for ideas is: www.tattoofinder.com

Good Luck !!

Mark (NH)

PS - I've got 2 of them so far and am getting ready for my 3rd !!!

Excellent advice! I'd add to ask for spore test results from the autoclave, and if they don't test monthly or won't show you the results, walk away. Also NEVER go to get a tattoo while under the influence of alcohol or any kind of drug, other than a mild OTC analgesic....any artist worth his salt will kick you out of the shop, as tattooing someone while they are wasted is a liability issue for them.

Watch them tattoo someone else, if possible. Watch closely for cross contamination issues like the artist answering the phone or doing something else and then returning to the tattoo without changing gloves first. Gloves get just as dirty as skin.

Etc and so forth.

I plan to finish my sleeve and resume work on my leg pieces as soon as I can, and losing weight is a great motivator, although I was still getting inked when I was at my heaviest. The tattoo "subculture" is one place where I felt at home no matter my weight....it's all about the art.

I've got 10 :) That being said. Just because someone like an artist, make sure to look at ALL of the artist's work. If it's a design, say Celtic, make sure they specialize in it. Personally, unless you are copying a specific type of artwork, find an artist that will make it custom for you. Flash is great for ideas, but making it personal it what gives the tattoo meaning. Oh, and dont shy from going Big on the ink. The more detail you have, the larger you need the tat. I just had a sweet finish done to my daughter's name. She's a Cancer. In working with the artist we did a massive crab on my forearm under her name, tying in the constellation, clouds, & moon. While I found something similar, we made it unique with shading and color and overall design.

BTW, women with ink = SEXY AWESOMENESS :)

Almost forgot...make sure the shop is CLEAN!!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    <
    I do :)
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    when I hit my 100lbs lost mark I am getting the date I started MFP and possibly my starting weight tattoo on the inside of my wrist as a reminded or when and where I started....
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    <
    I do :)

Heeeeeeell yeah