Ladies in their 30s with similar goals who want support

Options

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34 year working mom of a rambunctious 4 year old boy! I've lost 112lbs so far, but I've got about 45-50lbs left I'd like to lose! I'm always open to new friends!
  • jsmith0724
    jsmith0724 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jen. I'm 36 and am looking to lose 20 pounds. I struggle with eating right because I have a big sweet tooth
  • KitKB
    KitKB Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kit. I'm 34 and need to lose about 65 lbs. Could use some motivation and friends! Thanks!
  • JourneyToWorlds
    JourneyToWorlds Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, 36 and looking to lose 100+ pounds. I also had/have a major back injury with surgery and ongoing pain. I'm just sucking it up and moving forward - I would love lots of new MFP friends.
  • sakat726
    sakat726 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, in Central Pennsylvania and hoping to lose about 25-30 lbs. For now, I've set my goal at losing 20 lb as a first step (then I'll re-assess). Holy cow, you're not kidding about metabolism dropping at 30! But working on it. Lost about 2 lbs so far (though my weight fluctuates a lot so I hope they don't come back). I think my biggest challenge is probably beer. Easy to undo everything from the week on a single Friday night :# feel free to add me
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    stc1982 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 34 from CT. I recently had a baby boy and need to start working on losing the 40 lbs I gained throughout my pregnancy. I feel so uncomfortable and my goal weight seems so far away. Having some support to keep me on track is exactly what I need. Nice to meet you all!

Hey!
    I'm Laura and I am 32 and looking to lose 100 lbs after a regain and then finding out I was pregnant my son is now 3 months old and I gained 60lbs during my pregnancy so here I am, I feel terrible being as big as I am now 288. I used to be 194 at my lowest, but 401 at my highest.
  • ErikaHope203
    ErikaHope203 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi! 34 years old in NY...my weight has been up and down a few times in the past 12 years or so. In the past 2 years I have lost 38 lbs and am now working on another 15ish...I always could use more motivation and more friends :) Feel free to add me!
  • wandoportgirl
    wandoportgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Carrie , 34. Summerville, Sc. In a bad plateau... working hard to get out of it... Could use some support and guidamce. I am honestly down to only about 15 more lbs to reach my goal bUT am working g hard to build strength at the same time.
  • kiri127
    kiri127 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    Kurzweil wrote: »
    Hey Ladies - I'm 31 and have lost 139 lbs, have about 25 to go. I feel like I need support and connection more than ever in this "home stretch" (although maintenance is the real home stretch). I'll send out some friend requests, and I'm thinking it might be great to have a Question of the Day to get us all talking and checking in with each other. Thoughts?

This lovely network of women has grown so much with so many great, inspirational ideas! We always welcome creative ways to help each other!
  • LittleFox83
    LittleFox83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! 32 here and could use some MFP friends on here as well. :smiley:
  • HeidiFuture
    HeidiFuture Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow! So many great people here in MFP! I'm 36yo single professional... Recently committed to my weight loss journey. I'm closer today goal than I was yesterday :)

"if nothing changes, nothing changes" Right?!?!

Feel free to add me! (I still don't see how to search/add friends)
    Heidi
  • kiri127
    Options
    Wow! So many great people here in MFP! I'm 36yo single professional... Recently committed to my weight loss journey. I'm closer today goal than I was yesterday :)

"if nothing changes, nothing changes" Right?!?!

Feel free to add me! (I still don't see how to search/add friends)
    Heidi

Heidi, if you're using the mobile site, I can tell you, just click on the person's name here (in blue), then a box with their username and pic will come up, click on the blue username again. Then you'll see their profile (which will most likely be blank and private). On the right there will be a blue icon of a little person with a plus sign. Click on that, fill in your name and a message (if you want), and tap send. You will get a notification immediately that your request was sent, and you just hit "dismiss" to clear the box. Hope that helps
  • bigordmommy
    bigordmommy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me,, looking for motivation as well. I have seemed to lose focus and need accountability. I am 35 from Tennessee mom to one active 6 year old who I try to schedule my workouts around his schedule. Finding time for my health always makes me feel guilty as I feel like I am taking time away from my family.
  • Staypositive35
    Staypositive35 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm Ernie, i'm wife and eye are trying to lose weight with the ultimate goal of pregnancy. I'm about 265, want to get down to 215. She's 222 wants to get down to 180. For 2 months now, we've worked out with a personal trainer. We are getting results with strength and endurance, but the scale aint moving! Today starting getting meal plans from my trainer. Stressful job + lack of sleep could be dooming me!! But i gotta stay positive, not giving up!
  • brucejei
    brucejei Posts: 102 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm 39...I've lost a few pounds, but would like to lose 20-25 pounds. I sometimes have a hard time staying motivated due to some health issues. Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • mama2redhead
    mama2redhead Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am 38, from Ohio. I have lost about 20 with MFP and regular fitness and stopped tracking. My original goal was to get back to pre pregnancy weight and I kinda quit tracking once I got there. I just recommitted this week to lose the last 20 pounds or so, to get me back to my ideal weight.

I have 2 kids ages 1 and 4. I have a back injury, but finally found a fitness program that works for me :) I am also vegetarian and love trying new and creative recipies :)
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Brittany! From New Orleans, 30 years old with 2 children. I lost @ 30lbs and would like to lose another 20-30 lbs. I cut carbs and sugar from my life (20g or less per day)...Friend me if you like! Good luck in your journey!
  • kiri127
    Options
    I am 38, from Ohio. I have lost about 20 with MFP and regular fitness and stopped tracking. My original goal was to get back to pre pregnancy weight and I kinda quit tracking once I got there. I just recommitted this week to lose the last 20 pounds or so, to get me back to my ideal weight.

I have 2 kids ages 1 and 4. I have a back injury, but finally found a fitness program that works for me :) I am also vegetarian and love trying new and creative recipies :)

I'm so glad you're committing to your health! I understand the difficulties of a back injury. It's a challenge to rely primarily on diet and low impact exercise to lose weight. Welcome to a super supportive community of women; we help each other reach our goals
  • mama2redhead
    mama2redhead Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    kiri127 wrote: »

I'm so glad you're committing to your health! I understand the difficulties of a back injury. It's a challenge to rely primarily on diet and low impact exercise to lose weight. Welcome to a super supportive community of women; we help each other reach our goals

It is tough, but doable to lose weight this way. I gained 45 to 50 pounds each pregnancy and manage to get and keep it off. I hurt my back in my early 20s and have gone through several courses of PT over the years, some more helpful than others.

To be honest, regular fitness, of the right type, has helped my back immensely. I am definitely in better shape and less pain than I was 10 years ago!