• DrenRigs
    DrenRigs Posts: 448 Member
    Sigh
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Muppyooh wrote: »
    Heartbroken. What did you do to distract yourself?

Hookers

and blow

Booze
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Muppyooh wrote: »
    Heartbroken. What did you do to distract yourself?

Hookers

and blow

on the toilet of dive bars
  • JustMissTracy
    My Grandma says the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. Works every time!! <3

Your Gramma is a very smart woman! <3 But then, most Gramma's are!
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Rather than missing the relationship, examine and understand it. Honestly see the part you played - the good and the bad. Through doing that, you'll come to a better understanding of yourself and your relationship with others. Happy days are ahead, give it time.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Villae81 wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/37381682#Comment_37381682

Isn't this your thread? This is what you wanted isn't it?

What happened?
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/37381682#Comment_37381682

Isn't this your thread? This is what you wanted isn't it?

What happened?

She wanted to be single and now she is and I don't understand why she keeps reminding herself of the breakup by bringing it up here all the time

Well sometimes people have relationships that they have to get out of, and they still love that person; but it is not working. You don't get over a relationship of several years right away. It is painful and you get sad.
  • JustMissTracy
    The only real advice I can bring to the table is to keep reminding yourself "why". Why it didn't work, why you wanted out...

When my ex and I split, the best thing for me was to "fake it till I make it". Tell myself I'm ok, this is ok, I'll be ok...everything is ok...not perfect, but ok. Eventually, it was! Much love, OP..we all joke around here, but in the end, this is no joking matter. Your heart hurts, and we hear you...take care of yourself, mon ami...xo
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Workout...a lot. Listen to a lot of angry chick music and run. Then watch all the sappy chick flicks that I normally don't enjoy just to get all the crying out of the way and then find some way to get my aggression out.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Workout...a lot. Listen to a lot of angry chick music and run. Then watch all the sappy chick flicks that I normally don't enjoy just to get all the crying out of the way and then find some way to get my aggression out.

i believe that is called the lifetime channel :)

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Workout, sex, read, work, drink, backpack, drink, sex, drink, run, lift, drink, drink, drink . . .
  • sunnybeaches105

i believe that is called the lifetime channel :)

aka "Tears and Tequila" or "Wine and Whine"
  • sunnybeaches105
    edited August 2016
    Workout, sex, read, work, drink, backpack, drink, sex, drink, run, lift, drink, drink, drink . . .

My heart must hurt too because this sounds like a regular Tuesday

Cheers. Mine is killing me . . .
  • brianbgboy
    brianbgboy Posts: 393 Member
    move on and find another guy that is willing to do right by you!
  • Alienique
    Alienique Posts: 122 Member
    Date around. A really nice way to get over someone is to find someone better :)
  • tomorrowistoday0000
    tomorrowistoday0000 Posts: 125 Member
    The biggest tip I'd say is don't play the victim. When you do so, you become helpless. Needless, this does not imply you are at fault either but rather acknowledge that there is opportunity for improvement within yourself (whether it is partner selection, getting over your fear of loneliness, or etc.). Your relationship doesn't define who you are as an individual so even though it didn't work out, appreciate everything else that still is in your life.

Keep yourself busy. Work out, train hard! Look good, feel good! Before you know it, you'll wonder why you ever dated the guy.