I *love* riding a bike

Options

Replies

• lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I live in the Netherlands and we're so blessed with a gorgeous and unique infrastructure. It's great for training, but for climbing I need to go to Belgium
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

That guy has skills and cajones. I hit a fence like that once, I didn't flip over it though. Uh duh!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • VeloRat1969
    VeloRat1969 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started riding my bike at the BMX track with my kids 3 days a week. Love it! us0p218pfpwj.jpeg

OMG! I LOVE this picture! So tired of seeing pictures of bmx parks that make you think you have to be a 13 year old boy to use it. Thanks for sharing it - you made my day.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options

You ever see a trials competition? Those guys are amazing. There used to be a festival near me with a trials comp in the woods on crazy rock features. Really cool stuff to see. Here's a link to a video I took back in 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFvafBKszGc
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

#demschwinns
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

#demschwinns

#demyours?
  • Hornsby
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

#demschwinns

#demyours?

Yea, the family cruisers. Ride a 40 year old Schwinn and then getting on the Giant Propel makes my road bike feel like it's about 3 lbs. lol
  • queenliz99
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

#demschwinns

#demyours?

Yea, the family cruisers. Ride a 40 year old Schwinn and then getting on the Giant Propel makes my road bike feel like it's about 3 lbs. lol

Nice :)
  • Hornsby
    Options

Those are the training bikes :)
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    Am I the only nerd who straps a GoPro on your his/her bike?

No I wear mine sometimes. Here is a video I took riding Porcupine Rim Trail in Moab, UT 3 years ago

At about the 1minute I adjust the camera for a better angle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0oBWo6DkGs
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone here have such nice bikes, and cool gadgets ...~~~!!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    Am I the only nerd who straps a GoPro on your his/her bike?

I wear a GoPro on my helmet & a Fly6 under the seatpost.... Insurance.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Some of you guys have some awesome bikes. My road bike isn't an aero triathlon bike or anything, but its decently lightweight CF. (pics in my instagram posted in my profile description). I hope to buy both a new hard tail mountain bike and a dual suspension downhill bike after the winter.

Gotta start saving up for snowboarding season :)
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have a GoPro and use it occasionally - mainly to record fun bits when mountain biking though. I did record a couple of my road bike rides which I then set to music and then played back when on the turbo trainer during the winter though.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I really need a GoPro. I have cars pull out in front of my path on my ride home everyday and I swerve around them, missing them within inches. I know one day I'm gonna nail one of them and flip over their car.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    niblue wrote: »
    A Bicycle is a curious piece of machinery. It's the only mode of transportation that it's passenger is also it's engine.

Rowing boat?

A boat is a machine? I guess it depends what you're calling a machine.

The oars are as they are a lever! B)

OP, I've been in love with cycling since I bought my first piece of junk $5 used bike when I was a kid. Bought my first road bike (a 3,000,000 pound steel framed Sekine) in the '70s and haven't looked back.

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    King_Spicy wrote: »
    I really need a GoPro. I have cars pull out in front of my path on my ride home everyday and I swerve around them, missing them within inches. I know one day I'm gonna nail one of them and flip over their car.

Look into a Refurbished unit via eBay or Amazon. I picked up a Refurb Hero 3 Silver for about $200.00

It does a decent job for the price. Here is a sample from different POVs and visual settings. All Filmed on the same Camera
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSef0wu13ss