which one is better choice

Options

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You are never gonna get an answer that you agree with from us. You are using different definitions than we do for many things and are refusing to see the whole picture. Only you are going to be able to answer your own question.

^This. All food carries the risk of killing us eventually, even fruits & veggies. Eventually you have to decide which risks you choose to prioritize and which you feel you can safely ignore.

The increase in cancer risks associated with processed meats take your risk level from something like 5% without processed meats to 6% with them in your diet. That's a risk I'm personally willing to ignore. But I can't make that decision for others.

http://m.cancer.org/cancer/news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer

Theirs moremore to read.

What Dianne said is from that study. it shows if you eat bacon every day your risk of colorectal cancer goes from 5% to 6% so not significant at all. The media blew it out of proportion.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    You are never gonna get an answer that you agree with from us. You are using different definitions than we do for many things and are refusing to see the whole picture. Only you are going to be able to answer your own question.

^This. All food carries the risk of killing us eventually, even fruits & veggies. Eventually you have to decide which risks you choose to prioritize and which you feel you can safely ignore.

The increase in cancer risks associated with processed meats take your risk level from something like 5% without processed meats to 6% with them in your diet. That's a risk I'm personally willing to ignore. But I can't make that decision for others.

http://m.cancer.org/cancer/news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer

Theirs moremore to read.

Neither ground beef or a chicken thigh of the sort you fry is normally considered processed meat. Are you getting bacon on the burger?
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Theirs moremore to read.

Neither ground beef or a chicken thigh of the sort you fry is normally considered processed meat. Are you getting bacon on the burger?

And are you eating bacon every single day?
  • lemurcat12
    Options

Theirs moremore to read.

Well, that's part of the analysis to see if bacon on the burger can fit. I was just trying to figure out why he was talking about processed meat at all.
  • singingflutelady
    Options

Theirs moremore to read.

Well, that's part of the analysis to see if bacon on the burger can fit. I was just trying to figure out why he was talking about processed meat at all.
    paranoia perhaps?
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Now I want a bacon burger. Sigh. (My dinner is already planned, no chance.)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Just eat the *kitten* donut fried chicken cheeseburger.

"donut fried chicken cheeseburger y or n"

Maybe when fair comes in. But it still is process meat.

I'm curious, if you consider chicken and ground beef "processed meat" what type of meat do you considered not processed?
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    There's only one way to find out
    harry-hill-fight-ap-wdc5.jpg
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    bagge72 wrote: »
    None of this makes sense, you have nothing to compare, they are both hypotheticals from places you that don't exist. So why don't you just find a place that has nutritional value for what you are looking for and compare those, because that is the closest you are going to get. You can't ask people to determine between to hypothetical foods for your health needs that you won’t tell people what they are.

Just did, I'm sorry the words don't make sense to you.

Have you gone back and read your words? They don't really work well together.

• singingflutelady
    Options
    The trolling is very strong in this one.

1. The risk is 6% if you eat processed meat EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE
    2. I don't know where you got any of those numbers from but that's not how it works.
    3. Um obviously.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    The trolling is very strong in this one.

I saw a new post last night via a different name than OP, but pretty much identical style, phrasing, grammar etc. I think there may have been a case of Mitosis so the Trolling can be doubled.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Put that chicken on the burger mmmmmmmm yum