Ladies in their 30s with similar goals who want support

Options

Replies

• kiri127
    kiri127 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    kiri127 wrote: »
    I am 38, from Ohio. I have lost about 20 with MFP and regular fitness and stopped tracking. My original goal was to get back to pre pregnancy weight and I kinda quit tracking once I got there. I just recommitted this week to lose the last 20 pounds or so, to get me back to my ideal weight.

I have 2 kids ages 1 and 4. I have a back injury, but finally found a fitness program that works for me :) I am also vegetarian and love trying new and creative recipies :)

I'm so glad you're committing to your health! I understand the difficulties of a back injury. It's a challenge to rely primarily on diet and low impact exercise to lose weight. Welcome to a super supportive community of women; we help each other reach our goals

It is tough, but doable to lose weight this way. I gained 45 to 50 pounds each pregnancy and manage to get and keep it off. I hurt my back in my early 20s and have gone through several courses of PT over the years, some more helpful than others.

To be honest, regular fitness, of the right type, has helped my back immensely. I am definitely in better shape and less pain than I was 10 years ago!

That's amazing! Wish I could say I'm in better shape than when I was 25! You're obviously doing something right! Looking forward to supporting each other
  • aud82
    aud82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I actually came in here to find people who motivate and cheer on others! Im 33 Southern Illinois. I've lost around 20 of the 40 Id like lose. I'll request you... And if anyone else is looking for encouragement, add me! always try acknowledge my MFP friends hard work... Cause its tough sometimes extra push helps!.
  • mdrmonroy
    mdrmonroy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and looking to take charge of my health. I've disregarded my self-care while finishing up college and now I have 20+ pounds as a reminder of how stressful it was. I'm starting a social work program at a new school this fall, but this time I want to make sure I practice good self-care by eating healthy and being more active. Motivation and support definitely helps :) Lovely to see so many strong women here!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am Anupama. Just starting my weight loss today. I want to lose 25kgs ie 55lbs. Please add me, I really want to do it this time. :smile:
  • kiri127
    Options
    It's amazing how many of us have similar issues, similar goals, a fantastic ability to encourage each other! Thanks for the support all around the globe
  • 1201april
    1201april Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 30 and kind of stuck too. I have 30 lbs to go. I'd love if you added me to your friends :)
  • Hookers86
    Hookers86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Meghan, I'm 30 years old and have lost 15lbs so far 50 more pounds to go :) could use some positive encouragement, good friends please add me.
  • kiri127
    Options
    Hookers86 wrote: »
    Hello my name is Meghan, I'm 30 years old and have lost 15lbs so far 50 more pounds to go :) could use some positive encouragement, good friends please add me.

Hi Meghan! Thanks for reaching out. Way to go on your 15lbs loss! We're here to support you while you lose the rest!
  • Hookers86
    Hookers86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Steph2285 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 31 in NC. I weigh the most I've ever weighed & I'm completely disgusted by it! I HAVE to lose this weight... I want to feel good again! My goal is to lose about 30lbs. I'm only 5'2" so every pound shows. My husband can eat and eat and eat and never gains, he's nothing but muscle. I eat a fraction of what he eats & I just keep packing it on! I've gained over 20lbs since our wedding last year. I want to be healthy and feel good about myself again. I'm determined! But I need some support from others who know how I feel. I would love to join in with you guys! <3 Steph

I need to lose 30lb too. I'm only 5ft though
  • SophieRonda
    SophieRonda Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hello, I'm Sophie, i am 32 years old and want to lose about 30-35 pounds that I gained after having my children. I don't want to wait anymore to start a healthier life.
  • aimroe
    aimroe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Amy - Recently separated, single momma of 2! Looking to drop another 30lbs - already down 30. Gets hard to stay motivated - would love new friends and support. Add me :smile:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Hope your day is going well. It's a new day here on the East Coast! And if you're not reading this right after I post it, don't worry, it's a new day SOMEWHERE. You can do this!
  • usc_ssalazar
    usc_ssalazar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, I joined mfp exactly 4 weeks ago. My starting goal was to lose 45lbs and I knew it would be very hard for me to go below 170lbs which was a number I couldn't go below every time I tried to diet. So far, as of today, I have lost 13.5lbs and I'm in the 160s. I was so happy! The problem is that in the last week I haven't lost a single pound. In fact, I gained a pound and I have spent the last few days trying so hard to lose it. I still want to keep trying of course, but subconsciously I see that I laxed a lot on what I ate yesterday and somewhat the day before.... And so I decided to start researching why weigh loss stops/ plateaus. Then, I started visiting these forums for the first time, and found you ladies. It's nice to see that I'm not alone in this. It's so hard to lose weight, and it's not always easy to find support from people around me... But some are quickly to point out that I'm fat. :( <sigh> I'm feeling a bit frustrated and sad about my lack of weight loss this past week. I'm afraid to even weigh myself this morning.... Cause I kinda cheated yesterday... Which I had been so good not to do before. I don't know how this works in terms of adding friends... I'm new... But would love to have some of you as friends. Have a lovely day and thank you for reading this.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Okay .. so I'm 28, but figured I could be an honorary member! I'm 5'11#, 193# about 25# to go until my initial goal weight .. and we'll see what happens after that! Feel free to add :)
  • stef0114
    stef0114 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Steph2285 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 31 in NC. I weigh the most I've ever weighed & I'm completely disgusted by it! I HAVE to lose this weight... I want to feel good again! My goal is to lose about 30lbs. I'm only 5'2" so every pound shows. My husband can eat and eat and eat and never gains, he's nothing but muscle. I eat a fraction of what he eats & I just keep packing it on! I've gained over 20lbs since our wedding last year. I want to be healthy and feel good about myself again. I'm determined! But I need some support from others who know how I feel. I would love to join in with you guys! <3 Steph

I'm pretty sure we're twins! My name is Steph, I'm 30 (about to be 31), live in NC, am EXACTLY 5'2", and have gained almost 20 lbs since early this year and am at my heaviest weight EVER!
    Super motivated to get the weight off at this point - but can't believe we have almost exactly the same story!
  • vmtama27
    vmtama27 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 from CA and the mother of 2. I started MFP 138 days ago and I'm down 34.6lbs.
    I'm totally motivated but it would be nice to have some friends in the same boat. My husband is very encouraging but my siblings think what I'm doing is a joke. Anyway nothing is going to stop me.
    I've always wanted to run a marathon so I'm starting with a 5k in September. I go jogging 5 day's a week and I'm starting to love it.
    . . I'm new to this forum and not sure how to add people so this is a start
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and have a lot of weight to lose! I'd love to make more friends on MFP so we can all support each other - feel free to add me!
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I just found this group and would love to give and get support from you all! I'm 36 yrs old with 3 kids 6yrs and under. I'm working on losing 20 pounds or 5 pounds four times. No goal date, just want to lose it!