Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I don't have a lot of time for personals, so just a quick check-in tonight.

Tuesday Goals:
    My main goal right now is to make sure I'm logging every bite I eat as accurately as possible. If not, I won't know if my new method is truly working. Today that was a bit difficult b/c we went out after work to celebrate a colleague's birthday. I did my best to log some appetizers and pizza we all shared, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. According to my logging, I am about 150 over for today. Not terrible, but I know I can do better in the future. Also, I had to skip my gym visit today b/c of the outing. I completely forgot it was on my calendar until someone sent a reminder email, but I will move the workout to tomorrow.

Grading Goals:
    1. 8/40 AP quizzes
    2. x/40 AP writing screeners

Fitness Goals for the month of August:
    Run 1 mile at my fastest pace 1x/week: Week 1 = 10:32; Week 2 = 10:14, Week 3 = 11:35 (yikes!)
    Run 2 miles in 23 minutes 1x/week: Week 1 = 25:33 & 24:46; Week 2 = 22:37; Week 3 = 25:54 & 26:14
    Run a 5 k in <36 minutes by month's end Week 3 = 38:14

You vs Year Challenge:
    256 k done/ 744 k to go :smile: PAST the 25% mark!!

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE + run outside DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE + gym or run outside NOT DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner
    Thurs-- walk gunner + gym or run outside
    Fri-- rest day
    Sat-- walk gunner + gym or run outside
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    GOINSTD12 wrote: »
    Food is so-so, exercise has increased since I've been working out at PT, but still no movement in the scale. I guess I should be glad it's staying steady instead of going up, but I really wish it would start going down again.
    Tracy
    TX

Does your scale measure body fat %? It might be that you are losing fat but gaining muscle, due to the increased exercise.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish ...that my niece T has a very happy day celebrating her 51st birthday ... or not celebrating as it's her wish the day was not fussed over by anyone ... except she requests chicken wings for dinner!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    My Wednesday wish is that Anya will be well today. She had an upset stomach all day yesterday, followed by a fever and seizure last night. She seems fine today. I hope it stays that way.
    Everyone have a great day.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @trinati2001 - unfortunately I don't currently own a scale, I weigh either at PT or at the nurse office at work or at Dr office. 3 different scales so sometimes 3-4 lbs difference, but all three agree that I have been within the same 10 lbs since July of 2015. Grrr. No other markers to indicate fat loss (clothes don't fit better, etc) and truly, I feel more weighted down now than I have since I first started recovering from the cancer treatment. I'm run down and not working out enough, and I'm pretty sure I'm not being very accurate with my tracking. We had a luncheon tonight and I tracked everything I ate as best I could, and it was over 2000 calories. And I thought I was doing ok... until I ate the cake, and the queso, and the cocktail wieners, and guacamole, chips, etc etc etc......
    The chicken tacos and salad would have been fine, if I could have just stopped there!
    Tracy
    TX
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @tracy-- Hopefully, now that you are on part time hours, you will get more rest and feel better. Even if that doesn't translate to more time at the gym, it will still likely translate into better health overall. I know what you mean about those social gatherings with food. Most of the time I can limit myself, but occasionally I just end up binging away. I hate the lack of control I feel when that happens.

@pinkstarberry -- Yes, the difference in your photos is definitely noticeable. Your face looks much slimmer. :)

@kaye-- hope Anya is feeling better.

AFM-- I'm still doing okay with my new calorie allowance. Yesterday, I forgot to put my tracker on when I got out of the shower. I had already decided if that were to happen, I would have to just eat my BMR the next day so I stuck to that rule today. Hopefully I will learn a lesson and remember it from now on. Even with no additional calories from activity, I feel pretty full tonight and am still almost 70 calories under goal.

Today I burned over 1100 calories between work, mowing the lawn, and walking the dog. That means I will have about 2200 calories to eat tomorrow which is a lot. I'm not going to force myself to eat them all if I'm not hungry, and I also want to make sure I don't just eat a bunch of junk to use them all up. I'm taking some dirty rice my DH made for lunch which is a little higher in calories than my usual choices, but all my other snacks and breakfast items will be my typical healthy(ish) fare. I figure if I end up under goal it will compensate for any errors in my guestimate for the pizza yesterday.

Wednesday Wish:
    I don't really have a wish for me, so I will wish for positive progress for all of us. :smile:

Grading Goals:
    1. 40/40 AP quizzes DONE
    2. 5/40 AP writing screeners

Run 1 mile at my fastest pace 1x/week: Week 1 = 10:32; Week 2 = 10:14, Week 3 = 11:35 (yikes!)
    Run 2 miles in 23 minutes 1x/week: Week 1 = 25:33 & 24:46; Week 2 = 22:37; Week 3 = 25:54 & 26:14

You vs Year Challenge:

Exercise Goals:
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner DONE + Mow lawn DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner + gym or run outside
    Fri-- rest day
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,889 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth- I ate over 4,000 calories yesterday. :disappointed: so maybe tracking doesn't keep me from eating too much and maybe MFP is a waste of my time. Maybe I won't ever lose my excess weight and maybe I will die painfully fat and lonely. Is that what I want? ... Then why do I eat and live like it is?
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach Don't give up! MFP can be a great tool for analyzing your intake, but it's only part of the picture. Would you be able to talk to your therapist about this soon? In the meantime, I can only suggest what helped me and hope it could be useful to you too.

I've always dealt with my emotions with food - are you also an emotional eater? Try to think about how you were feeling before eating a large meal, then also how you felt afterward. It might also help to begin keeping a personal diary of your feelings, especially on binge days; you could do it separately from MFP or use the notes section on your food diary here. If it turns out that you are eating because of stress or other emotions, we can find healthier ways to deal with those emotions :)

Also if you haven't seen your primary care doctor about this yet, I would urge you to make an appointment soon. Having guidance from a doctor, and maybe even a nutritionist, can help a lot! Your doctor/nutritionist might be able to give you a structured meal plan, which would take a lot of guesswork out of planning meals. I was intimidated about going to my doctor while I was at my heaviest weight, and it might be difficult or emotional to hear what they have to say, but ultimately they're here to help and want their patients to be as healthy as possible!

We're all here for you! You can do this!
  • Nikion901
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thursday Truth ... I had egg noodles with my dinner lasst night. My dinner was a pork chop, green beans, mushrooms and egg noodles. I weighed everthing and the noodles weighed in at 68 grams dry (a serving is 50 grams) ... but my blood sugar was 16 points higher this morning than yesterday and i wonder if it was the carb grams that made the difference. The day before, I had 29% of calories as carbs and yesterday it was 43%. Of course, i also had a banana at breakfast yesterday and didn't have an evening snack so that might also be why.

Today is weigh-in day for one of the challenges I'm in, and my weight is down 7 pounds from last Thursday and 0.6 pounds down from 2 weeks ago ... so that extra weight I gained from the bad week of overeating has finally found it's way out of me. I'm back on track trying to break out of the 240's and can feel the inner struggel beginning to want to eat some high carb comfort foods. I am praying for strength to maintain my course while my brain's pleasure zone fights with my goals.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @niki-- congrats on losing the 7 lbs from last week. When I'm feeling the carb cravings, sometimes it helps if I eat some nuts or a bit of peanut butter. They have a sort of comforting feel, but not the heavy simple carbs of bread or pasta.

@rach-- pinkstarberry gave you some great advice. Also, I know it can be hard when we have a bad day--it's easy to feel like it's a futile effort. Once thing I try to do when I have a bad day is think about how my "normal" has changed. Before I started MFP, my normal was to eat way too many calories as a normal part of my life. Of course, I would occasionally go on a "diet" which would last a few days or maybe weeks (if I was lucky); then, I would go right back to my "normal" higher calorie lifestyle. Now, my "normal" is to eat at or below a deficit (or at least maintenance) on a daily basis. Sure, I might stray from that and have a really high calorie day, or even couple of days, but then I go right back to my "normal" healthier food intake. I can't see your food diary, but I'm guessing your "normal" has already changed, or you are in the process of changing it. Don't let a bad day or two negate all your progress so far.

Thursday Truth:
    I'm already prioritizing grading over working out. I'm hoping to get ahead with the schoolwork during the upcoming 3-day weekend and get back on track with the exercise plan. My Amazing Race challenge is over, but my team has decided to do our own for the month of September. One challenge is to stay within my personal calorie allowance 6/7 days per week with one day at maintenance. The other is going to be a combination of push ups and planking. I can't do the true 30-day push up or plank challenge b/c of reduced strength in my shoulder, but I can try every other day and see how my shoulder holds up.

Grading Goals:
    1. 40/40 AP quizzes DONE
    2. 6/40 AP writing screeners

You vs Year Challenge:

Exercise Goals:
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner DONE + Mow lawn DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner DONE + gym or run outside NOT DONE
    Fri-- rest day
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Once again I have stopped checking in and like a few other have said- Kelley and Karen- it is hard to get this process started again. I have been very busy with work the past couple of weeks plus a personal life that is filled with meetings for other projects I am working on. It truly needs to stop and I need to get control. My weight has been flucuating again and it is mostly up. I need to get it under control and back on the downward trend.

Tonight I am exhausted came from a long day at work then a meeting for the Zombie run.

Have a great day.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @niki-- congrats on losing the 7 lbs from last week. When I'm feeling the carb cravings, sometimes it helps if I eat some nuts or a bit of peanut butter. They have a sort of comforting feel, but not the heavy simple carbs of bread or pasta.

Thanks @skinny-- I have a vegan meal at least one day a week and do have pasta on that day. Which was yesterday. The pork chop and egg noodles was planned ... so I've had a noodle 2 days this week, but I didn't have any other 'flour' product in those 2 days. My BGC was back down this morning, even with the spaghetti noodles yesterday. Probably what helped there is that I am out of fruit so didn't have my usual 2 servings even though my total carbs were 39% of calories yesterday. I think the magic number of carbs for me is to stay under 150 grams a day.

• cjbrummet
    cjbrummet Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness

I hate checking in on Fridays because then I have to admit how I have not done anything fitness wise and it shows because my weight has not gone down this week, fortunately it has not gone up. Now to make it worse either my allergies are in an uproar or I am getting sick. I hate being sick. Nurses and Doctors make the worst patients. So I am off now to take some medicine to help stop my nose from running and it always puts me to sleep. Will check in tomorrow.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I missed my Thursday truth so I'll report now that I have lost 4.8# since I started tracking again about 10 days ago. That tells me that my body was really ready to shed that weight. I had just been grazing all the time. It feels good to be back to paying attention to what I eat.
    Friday fitness: Cathy and I are getting our walks in daily. It's about 3.6 miles so that is good. It is starting to cool off, too, so that makes it easier. I love this time of year when it is cooling off but not too dark to walk in the early evening. We'll have to find ways to adjust our schedules as the daylight and weather change. I'm signed up to walk a 10k at the end of the month in Boise's FitOne celebration to benefit the local children's hospital. There is a local 5k next Saturday to benefit a local support group for cancer survivors. I will probably do that one, too, but haven't committed yet.
    Have a busy Friday. It burns calories.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I thought I would just check in. I'm trying to keep up with the board, but I've been pretty sleepy. I had Gastric Sleeve surgery on Monday morning. Got home on Wednesday. They said everything went well and I just need to heal. It gets a little bit better every day but certainly not ready to do laps yet. Good thing I have Netflix. :) Just focusing on my fluids and protein right now. I am on clear fluids for the first week and then will graduate to full fluids. I look forward to my chicken stock as it is the only thing that isn't sweet or boring right now. Man, I hate Protein Ice but watered down, I can handle it.

My Friday fitness is to make sure I get a couple of walks in. I live on a hill and I can't manage that so I'll need be driven somewhere that I can do some walking on flat land.

Take care everyone!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Sending positive vibes to you @NewCaddy for a full and speedy recovery from your surgery. Please keep us informed how the protocol progresses if you don't mind ... some of us (me?) may still end up thinking about it. As a matter of fact, I now recall that at one time I made a phone call to the hospital that does that procedure here ... it was the only one back then, and they told me I'd have to first prove I couldn't lose weight any other way ..., that was before they lowered the overweight guidelines for the surgery, and it was a full bypass instead of a sleeve. I heard the sleeve is reversible. Is it?
    Any way ... that's one of the things that got me trying to seriously lose weight in the first place, and then it became sheer stubbornness that I will do it on my own that has kept me going, still morbidly obese many years later, but slimmer than when I started.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness. Last Friday I left work early drove down to Galveston and walked on the beach for an hour and gave myself blisters the size of quarters on the balls of my feet so Saturday was a slow motion busy day but not much exercise. Sunday was electronic free and I can't remember anything and no records exist Must have been a good day. Monday not home til 9. Long day. Tuesday 1 hour 3 miler. Wednesday UTMB obesity support group first try then mowed the lawn for 40 minutes. Thursday a 20 min walk 1 mile. Today 3.6 miles in an hour even. May have hurt the dog. He hasn't moved in an hour except to wag his tail. Almost 8 miles and a lawn trim. Not bad not great.