Replies

• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @RoxieDawn!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @RoxieDawn Congrats on the AG podium finish and PR! Well done!

Those pajamas must really know how to move. You may want to consider wearing them for the 10k.......
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    narak_lol wrote: »
    Rest day - done! lol :D

yes!!!!! i got it done too!!!! ;)
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Rainy day here so I hit the gym instead.

I found the below in youtube by chance yesterday. This is perfect for me as I (try to) do full body twice a week, and since my community gym only has dumbbells, these dumbbells exercises are godsend to me. I picked 5 of the exercises, they are great... Just thought I'd share B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1r9toPQNkM
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Yoga"=Done!
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    It has been awhile since I posted here. Need to get my act back in gear.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    After months of training for overall endurance, my body is used to running slowly (10:00 pace) for a long time. Now its time to shift gears and start work on regaining some run speed. Went back to the gym and did some core work, then jumped on the treadmill for a tempo run. Nothing crazy, but simply an elevated heart rate effort for 3 miles of the 4.5 mile workout. It felt good to push a bit after months of recovery paced runs.

Quitting work around noon today since the weather is great. Even talked my wife and her friends into providing kayak support for our regular Friday night group of open water swimmers.

Happy Friday!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Still in recovery mode and enjoying it too.
    Back at it on Monday. or maybe earlier. who knows
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Been so long since I posted anything! I broke my shoulder last year and went into total back slide mode. I gained back all but 2 of the 18 lbs I had lost and felt miserable. I'm back at it as of last week, but I'm not as motivated as I was before the injury. I wish it wasn't so blasted HOT here so I could get out more!

Hey all of you who had kids in the 90's, fess up--who's playing Pokemon Go??
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    33rd wedding anniversary in 2 days. Eating light as I suspect we'll splurge a bit.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Chest done.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I was soooo happy to get an hour outside to pull some weeds in my garden before the hopefully final band of rain from Hurricane Hermine moved through my area earlier today. Normally, I would slather up with suntan lotion, but today it was a spray down with bug spray...given all the post-storm standing water, we're bound to have a ton of mosquitoes, and yep, potentially Zika.

I might go out for another hour to finish the job. It's been since Tuesday that I could go outside. And this is mondo weed pulling, where I have to basically lean back with my full weight for some weirdly great weed resistance training to pull up them up by the deeply entrenched roots. Though there is a strange big yellow ball in the sky that I've not seen in ages...not sure if it is friend or foe so will have to be on my guard. ;)

Hope to get some paddling in tomorrow despite the likely debris and icky water in the bay after the storm and run-off. Looks like it will turn out to be a great Labor Day Weekend. :smiley:
  • Chilli7777
    Chilli7777 Posts: 112 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    41 here. Feel free to add.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Ugh - had bad week but 5 km done
  • BetsieSalt
    BetsieSalt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    33rd wedding anniversary in 2 days. Eating light as I suspect we'll splurge a bit.

Congratulations!

• BetsieSalt
    BetsieSalt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    I was soooo happy to get an hour outside to pull some weeds in my garden before the hopefully final band of rain from Hurricane Hermine moved through my area earlier today. Normally, I would slather up with suntan lotion, but today it was a spray down with bug spray...given all the post-storm standing water, we're bound to have a ton of mosquitoes, and yep, potentially Zika.

I might go out for another hour to finish the job. It's been since Tuesday that I could go outside. And this is mondo weed pulling, where I have to basically lean back with my full weight for some weirdly great weed resistance training to pull up them up by the deeply entrenched roots. Though there is a strange big yellow ball in the sky that I've not seen in ages...not sure if it is friend or foe so will have to be on my guard. ;)

Hope to get some paddling in tomorrow despite the likely debris and icky water in the bay after the storm and run-off. Looks like it will turn out to be a great Labor Day Weekend. :smiley:

Enjoy the weekend. Glad you got outside. We too have some full body strength weeds to contend with. :)
  • shinemercy
    shinemercy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How do I join? 42 years old now and need to lose about 15 kilos.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Great to see so many of you are having an active day! The weather finally clears up so took my bike out for a couple of hours.