60 Minute Plank Challenge - Sept 2016

Options

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Sept. 1 - 2 x 1 min standard planks
    Sept. 2 - 1 x 1 min standard plank, 1 x 1 min left side plank, 1 x 1 min right side plank
    5 min down, 55 to go ;)

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm in. I also misinterpreted the title and figured this thread must be full of people with plank super-powers!
  • Spliner1969
    Options

That 3 minute workout is my goal. Not. Happening. Any. Time. Soon.
  • CathyFullan150
    CathyFullan150 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did 1 minute today. It was in 3 tries, but it totaled 1 minute. ☺️ I told my trainer at the gym about this challenge, and he's going to make sure I get there!
  • treecroz
    treecroz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    OcalaFL wrote: »
    @treecroz you get in a push up position then slowly lift one arm and the opposite leg hold them than down and do the opposite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X09xCvt9UXA
    Oh my, I don't think I could do that just yet! I have trouble with doing just the elbow plank! Lol thank you!
  • OcalaFL
    OcalaFL Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    treecroz wrote: »
    Oh my, I don't think I could do that just yet! I have trouble with doing just the elbow plank! Lol thank you!

The ones I do don't look to pretty... Kids say I look like I am having seizures.

When I started doing HIIT in July I was 50 lbs heavier and could not even last 20 seconds doing regular plank. Maybe 5 seconds.

My belly would of rubbed the floor on the superman ones. Like a penguin going down a water slide.

But once you start doing stuff and failing that's when you start to succeed..

• CathyFullan150
    Options
    OcalaFL wrote: »

When I started doing HIIT in July I was 50 lbs heavier and could not even last 20 seconds doing regular plank. Maybe 5

Have you really lost 50 lbs in the last 2 months? That's incredible!
  • yaziby05
    yaziby05 Posts: 12 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Day 1 : 2 minutes and 10 seconds. I was aiming for 3.25 minutes but my baby claimed on top of me and had his chin in a not so great spot and I couldn't hold in my laughter. We were doing it as a family and he was trying to copy us, it was hilarious.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    yaziby05 wrote: »
    Day 1 : 2 minutes and 10 seconds. I was aiming for 3.25 minutes but my baby claimed on top of me and had his chin in a not so great spot and I couldn't hold in my laughter. We were doing it as a family and he was trying to copy us, it was hilarious.

I don't have baby challenges, but I have have at least one cat that comes around trying to 'help' me...and yea, usually it doesn't...lol.

@OcalaFL - what a delightful word picture...thanks for making me chuckle and inspiring me all at the same time. Hope you are safe and dry. Glad to see the last of the Hermine rain bands move out of my area (I'm a bit south of you) earlier this afternoon.

Will log my planks later tonight...then a break for the weekend :)
  • OcalaFL
    Options
    @CathyFullan150

58 lbs from July 14 till today

6/14/2016 252.0 lbs
    9/3/2016 194.2 lbs

Day 1 - 8 minutes
    Day 2 - 6 minutes

Total - 14 Minutes / 60 Minutes

1 min plank x3 (3minutes)
    1 min elbow planks x 3 (3minutes)
  • b3achy
    Options
    2 September: 3 minutes straight arm planks (2 sets of 90 sec each)

Total: 6 of 60 minutes
    Left to Goal: 54 minutes
  • CathyFullan150
    Options
    @OcalaFL Amazing!! Not even two months! Congratulations!!
  • OcalaFL
    Options
    Day 1 - 8 minutes
    Day 2 - 6 minutes
    Day 3 - 4 minutes
    Day 4 - 4 minutes

Total - 22 Minutes / 60 Minutes
  • rwbug
    rwbug Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Weekend away with friends meant days 2,3 and 4 had 0 planks and several lbs gained no doubt. Back to the grind.

Day 5 - 1 min 50 secs
    Total - 3 mins 30 secs
  • I just signed up for a 30 day plank challenge that starts today, so what's a few extra minutes? I'm a couple days late to this challenge, but I'm in!
  • treecroz
    treecroz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Day 3 - 0
    Day 4 - 0
    Day 5 - 4 m 3 s

Total: 8 m 30 s of 60 minutes
    Left to Goal: 51 m 30 s
  • mccannnp
    mccannnp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 50 minutes in 25 days. New to the fitness journey and don't care for planks. Hopefully my core will thank me.
  • b3achy
    Options
    Took Sat and Sun off...hard to get back to it today, but I "gutted" it out...lol, I crack myself up :D

3 September: rest
    4 September: rest
    5 September: 3 minutes straight arm planks (2 sets of 90 sec each)

Total: 9 of 60 minutes
    Left to Goal: 51 minutes
  • rwbug
    rwbug Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Day 6 - 2 mins
    Total - 5 min 30 secs
  • Spliner1969
    Options
    Sept. 1 - 2 x 1 min standard planks
    Sept. 2 - 1 x 1 min standard plank, 1 x 1 min left side plank, 1 x 1 min right side plank
    Sept. 3 - 2 x 1 min standard pllanks
    Sept. 4 - 1 x 1 min standard plank, 1 x 1 min left side plank, 1 x 1 min right side plank
    Sept. 5 - None
    Sept 6 - None

10 min down, 50 to go. Rest day today so nothing today either. This might be harder than I anticipated lol!