People just aren't getting it.

Options

Replies

• jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This is a motivator if you ever needed one! I like it! :)
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I am so sick of the "give me a food plan" and "what are you eating". No one wants to do anything for themselves. If they want a food plan they should go to Jenny Craig or something like that. It is a shame that people are so lazy they can't ever look up a healthy recipes or go to the store and read a freaken lable.

Why are you sick of it, and if you are sick of it why are you on a weight loss/fitness message board? What do you think people are going to post here?? And if you read many of the posts on this sight you've no doubt seen that there are many that really and truly don't know how to make up a healthy eating plan. I see nothing wrong with asking those that have had success what worked for them. It's no more or less work to look for help here than it is to look for a help via Google. When someone asks for help they ARE doing it for themselves.

I think shes referring to the people that arent asking for help, they want pre-packaged meals given to them so they don't have to learn portion control or healthy choices.

That's a little more understandable, but doesn't really sound like a "what are you eating" question. I'm more than happy to share what has worked for me with anyone that wants to hear it.

I got some pretty good recipes and suggestions off this forum. Things to cook that I hadn't thought of, or tiny tidbits like using a laughing cow wedge instead of cheese on a burger. I don't see anything wrong with info sharing.
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    thank you!!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wish these forums had karma. +1 for sure!
  • MuchMovement
    MuchMovement Posts: 100
    Options
    A+
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    I don't get it.
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    LOVE it. My husband is in the military and one of the guys in his unit tried going on a Snickers diet...I just laughed. You can guess how that worked for him....
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    This topic should be a sticky!!
  • mxmandani
    mxmandani Posts: 109
    Options
    bump
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    This topic should be a sticky!!

Never gonna happen, it pissed off WAY too many people. Truth hurts ;)
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    Amen to that!! I love it
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    You're sort of awesome, dude. If this were Facebook, I would "like" this.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    I say it all the time.. lost 44 pounds working my butt off and changing my diet. only way to keep it off for good. and yes, i get frustrated that it doesn't go down any faster.. but i know im healthier.
  • jjhanlon
    jjhanlon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Amen, Amen, Amen!!! As a dietetics grad, I also struggle with the amount of garbage I see in regards to diets, cleanses, etc. It is so hard for me to keep my comments to myself, I'm glad someone else went ahead and said it!!!
  • jjhanlon
    jjhanlon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So right.
  • RozeGod
    RozeGod Posts: 118
    Options
    Finally -someone said it!
  • newfielover
    newfielover Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I agree with you about the hard work and everything and that ya a lot of people want quick shortcutss-but you didn't need to use vulgar language.
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Could not agree more. The truth does hurt and people shy away from it. Great reality check. Love it!!!
  • Chuckw40
    Chuckw40 Posts: 201
    Options
    Why was the first post taken down? Why do all the pity posts get to stay on the board...

OMG I know, right?

Everyday there's another "I'm sooooooo depressed I caved in and ate a cookie" thread.

Maybe people are really scared that one little ol' Chips Ahoy will make them gain 50 pounds. Or maybe they thrive off of getting a million pats on the back saying "it's ok." IDK.

Or maybe because this site is supposed to be for support, not a bunch of holier than thou know it alls.
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Could not agree more!