Options

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,177 Member
    Options
    steph7007 wrote: »
    Aaron _k123

Thank you for your opinion but are you a doctor? Um, no is my guess. Or do you specialize in kidney health? Um no is my guess. Or do you read stuff on the Web and take it as gospel? Yes, would be my guess.

My kidney health is fantastic. Just sayin...maybe cause I drink water... lol.... I don't know...

Have you tested your kidneys? Probably not...

What I wrote was for people to read and think about. But thank you for your response.

Well, he's not an md but he has a pH.d

PH.D in what? Lol.... this is so funny. Lol.. do what you want... but thank you again for your opinion
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Aaron _k123

Thank you for your opinion but are you a doctor? Um, no is my guess. Or do you specialize in kidney health? Um no is my guess. Or do you read stuff on the Web and take it as gospel? Yes, would be my guess.

My kidney health is fantastic. Just sayin...maybe cause I drink water... lol.... I don't know...

What I wrote was for people to read and think about. But thank you for your response.

Yes...i am Dr. Aaron K, I just don't flaunt that around because I can explain myself without pointing to my degree. I don't specialize in kidney health I'm a biochemist and molecular biologist so I know more about the metabolic breakdown products of molecules and what affects they have on our bodies.

Aspartame breaks down into aspartate, phenylalanine and methanol within our stomachs and intenstines before it crosses into our blood. Those molecules are also found in chicken (aspartate and phenylalanine are amino acids found in any protein) and in orange juice (methanol is present in any fermentable solution). In fact chicken and orange juice have considerably more phenylalanine, aspartate and methanol than would be found in even liters of diet cola. So if aspartame is hurting your kidneys then orange juice and chicken would be utterly laying waste to them. It is for that reason I am fairly confident aspartame does not cause kidney damage.

I have had physicals yes, I have no kidney issues.

OK, and you should flaunt that degree cause that *kitten* is $$$$. JuSt sayin.

Thank you for your opinion. Then please tell me why when someone has significant damage to their kidney they are told only to drink water for a year plus until they rebuild themselves. Wouldn't you also agree that our bodies tend to bioaccumulate things if we don't flush them with water? So in theory even if this chemical that you defend causes no cancer.... Wouldn't you say to maintain overall Kidney Health you should drink regular water and flush your body?

People who have kidney damage are also told to avoid certain fruits and vegetables as to keep potassium levels down...does that mean that these fruits and vegetables shouldn't be consumed by an otherwise healthy individual? Of course not...

Yes you should avoid certain foods no matter what for good health. Agreed. Look, I'm just making a point if water is better for you and you work your *kitten* off to look good.... why not do the same for your insides.... just sayin... I think the labour day weekend of grub is making people cranky.... geez...

The are medical facts that contradict diet soda. But like life it's a choose your own adventure.

I think you are missing the point. Water is better for you because of your particular situation. That does not mean it is better for everyone. There are people out there who cannot eat veggies (yes, I didn't believe it at the time either but there is apparently a very rare genetic defect to that effect), to take the same logic they could say, assuming they lived out of childhood which IIRC most don't, because I can't eat veggies they must be unhealthy for everyone.
    I have Crohn's so I am low fiber and can't eat most veggies. I guess they are evil.

:)
  • steph7007
    steph7007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ZDeb16 wrote: »
    but what does peanut butter do for you?

It makes you feel great when you make s'mores out of it.... hahahahaha...

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, that's a thing? Hold up, guys. I think steph is onto something. Oh wait. The thread was about diet soda... Someone start a peanut butter s'mores thread.

peanut butter s'mores are more exciting...

Peanut butter smores are the *kitten*...... nobody can deny that even if they are crabby.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Aaron _k123

Yes...i am Dr. Aaron K, I just don't flaunt that around because I can explain myself without pointing to my degree. I don't specialize in kidney health I'm a biochemist and molecular biologist so I know more about the metabolic breakdown products of molecules and what affects they have on our bodies.

Aspartame breaks down into aspartate, phenylalanine and methanol within our stomachs and intenstines before it crosses into our blood. Those molecules are also found in chicken (aspartate and phenylalanine are amino acids found in any protein) and in orange juice (methanol is present in any fermentable solution). In fact chicken and orange juice have considerably more phenylalanine, aspartate and methanol than would be found in even liters of diet cola. So if aspartame is hurting your kidneys then orange juice and chicken would be utterly laying waste to them. It is for that reason I am fairly confident aspartame does not cause kidney damage.

Thank you for your opinion. Then please tell me why when someone has significant damage to their kidney they are told only to drink water for a year plus until they rebuild themselves. Wouldn't you also agree that our bodies tend to bioaccumulate things if we don't flush them with water? So in theory even if this chemical that you defend causes no cancer.... Wouldn't you say to maintain overall Kidney Health you should drink regular water and flush your body?

People who have kidney damage are also told to avoid certain fruits and vegetables as to keep potassium levels down...does that mean that these fruits and vegetables shouldn't be consumed by an otherwise healthy individual? Of course not...

Yes you should avoid certain foods no matter what for good health. Agreed. Look, I'm just making a point if water is better for you and you work your *kitten* off to look good.... why not do the same for your insides.... just sayin... I think the labour day weekend of grub is making people cranky.... geez...

The are medical facts that contradict diet soda. But like life it's a choose your own adventure.

What ya trying to say.. actually?

This is the way I see it of course a person with kidney disease is gonna have to be on a special diet structure.

An otherwise healthy person, only needs a balanced diet and perhaps adding in exercise if they choose, that is all that is needed for general health including the kidneys.

But what you described above was "flushing kidneys" etc.. as in some sort of cleanses are need.. Its not.

Its actually needed. Flushing your body is extremely important.

Can you point me in the right direction of your claim?

https://authoritynutrition.com/drinking-water-helps-with-weight-loss/

this was not quite what I was asking for.. ;)

I am all in for the peanut butter smores..
  • steph7007
    Options
    Aaron _k123

This is the way I see it of course a person with kidney disease is gonna have to be on a special diet structure.

An otherwise healthy person, only needs a balanced diet and perhaps adding in exercise if they choose, that is all that is needed for general health including the kidneys.

But what you described above was "flushing kidneys" etc.. as in some sort of cleanses are need.. Its not.

We agree to disagree. Sounds awesome. I respect when people can chat stuff out.... without going egoro.

Nobody can deny the smore.... add peanut butter and it's a meal!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

This article says absolutely nothing about diet soda. It also says that their results were not conclusive.
  • steph7007
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

This article says absolutely nothing about diet soda. It also says that their results were not conclusive.

Peanut butter smore.... lol
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Life's too short not to have fun. Drink and be merry!! Even if it's diet soda or beer or hot dogs or cheesecake or CheesePuffs or Twinkies.

Have you tried Hot 'n Honey Cheez Doodles? Bangin.

Interested!! is that a Canadian thing? I've never seen Doodles, and I know snacks!

I'm in the US (CT). I only ever find them at Big Lots and Dollar Tree.

I'm checking them out, let you know. Big Lots is walking distance, burn some calories B)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    You guys are s'moring wrong... The best s'mores are made with Peeps!

Peeps!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Aaron _k123

We agree to disagree. Sounds awesome. I respect when people can chat stuff out.... without going egoro.

Nobody can deny the smore.... add peanut butter and it's a meal!

still got it wrong...

thread taken to a new dimension... time for diet coke and OMG I love PEEPS on smores.. :) Cheers!
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options

I have 6 month old Peeps living in my cupboard. Can those be salvaged into s'mores, or are they dead?

Oh, also, diet soda isn't evil and if anyone wants them I've got links to a pile of studies and meta-analyses that show why. But it's Friday, so out came the woo!

tumblr_msvbkuqX5t1qe8gkso1_250.gif
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

I have 6 month old Peeps living in my cupboard. Can those be salvaged into s'mores, or are they dead?

Oh, also, diet soda isn't evil and if anyone wants them I've got links to a pile of studies and meta-analyses that show why. But it's Friday, so out came the woo!

tumblr_msvbkuqX5t1qe8gkso1_250.gif

Those are actually perfect for roasting... The slight staleness will hold up better in the fire. Just wait, the sugar carmelizes on the outside and you'll never eat a regular s'more again.

Plus Peeps have cleansing powers I heard.
  • elphie754
    Options
    No one said water isn't better. She asked for a link that shows you need to flush your kidneys. When we ask for legit we mean peer reviewed articles not YouTube or blogs or whatever

I'll find you a Google scholar article.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1420604/

I think I would like to see some research a little more current. This is from 1916.

Lol good catch! I didn't see that when I reading it.
  • steph7007
    Options

You really think that if you change the subject people aren't going to point out that article does not say what you said it does?

Look there are a lot of articles you can read. 1916..... lol.... not trying to switch the subject I'm just over it. Do what you'd like and enjoy the hell out of it.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    No one said water isn't better. She asked for a link that shows you need to flush your kidneys. When we ask for legit we mean peer reviewed articles not YouTube or blogs or whatever

I'll find you a Google scholar article.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1420604/

I think I would like to see some research a little more current. This is from 1916.

Well, it's not like much has changed in the last 100 years...
  • elphie754
    Options

You really think that if you change the subject people aren't going to point out that article does not say what you said it does?

Look there are a lot of articles you can read. 1916..... lol.... not trying to switch the subject I'm just over it. Do what you'd like and enjoy the hell out of it.

You made a claim that you state has scientific backing, but are unable to provide said science. You either know of science that proves your claim, or you were just making a claim based on nothing but personal beliefs. It is not other people's job to do your research for you.
  • steph7007
    edited September 2016
    Options

You made a claim that you state has scientific backing, but are unable to provide said science. You either know of science that proves your claim, or you were just making a claim based on nothing but personal beliefs. It is not other people's job to do your research for you.

Have a good weekend... hahaha... have a stiff drink, chill, and release the beast. Peace.