• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    :)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Sorry to be inactive in group! I have been logging my food in but not posting a lot. Right now I am so burned out not feeling like I have anything to give!

My husband and I are at a place in our relationship that isn't working it is hard to admit this. We had issues in the past but I thought we had gotten past these issues. But reality just hit me right in the face.

I know I need to take myself and my daughter get the stuff out. We (I) more so need clarity time for a vacation to clear my head and process things and make a plan! But things are tight. Hard to do this....;;

Sorry more info than needed.

Liz

Liz, please don't feel like you need to apologize. We all rant on here once in a while. It's our safe place to come. We're here for you and even if we can not help in any other way, we are the very best of listeners. (((Hugs)))

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Joyce- Happy Anniversary!

Kim - I love the lizard!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    L.O.N.G. Week. Short post. Maybe. For now. 400+ behind right now. I will get to August and sept goals in next post. SOglad it is the weekend and a long one here in the US. Been in a funk all week. Lost another DF last week. Came home from work last thurs to go out to dinner for my birthday with DH. There he was all dressed to go and handed me a beer out of the garage fridge. Said no thanks but he said no just take it. DF had been having serious health issues which we knew but decided not to put up the long fight. When DF's son and wife were notified they contacted DH as they don't have much family and he went and spent the afternoon. Another friend came over and then daughter arrived so DH came home to take me out.it wasalovely meal but we went straight back after dinner.tomorrow are services. Combined with my usual month end and payroll load at works I have felt overwhelmed and kinda checked out. Haven't even looked aat August goals. But I will and will have a plan for sept by the end of the weekend. Walked to meet DH to go to the hs. Football game tonight. Got some steps out of that. We were down 31-0 and left tired and hungry at halftime. Poor guys didn't win a game last year. DH is mortified. He played fora half decent team and his baby brother (DBiL who met us tonight) played for state semi finals.....at least Fitbit is happy......so much for short post.ready to read and catchup. Need to kick off the funk...... New month..... :|
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Ps. Never signs posts, Tracey
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Good morning, my chickens...

Sorry about the cliffhanger, my dears... but as so often seems to happen in my life, the ending was not what I thought it would be. Nonetheless, happy about it. Sorry, this will be a little long, so y'all skip it if you're not in the mood to read.

So, here's the story. On the B&B weekend we took, where we had a few hours of drive time and a day to just talk, we had pretty much decided we were going to prepare to move toward an older dream of ours, buying a piece of land further north, a couple animals, and basically creating a homesteader/subsistence lifestyle (not easy, since I won't eat a vegetable on a bet, but still). We had started looking for land in areas with good growing seasons and fertile soil, knowing that the warehouse would have to sell in order to make it purchase the land, but willing to eke things out here until it sells. So, I was looking at an unknown future, an exciting one, but one with a lot of "ifs," to say the least.

In this week's paper, we put in a help-wanted ad from a local company that builds cattle trailers, horse trailers, and other steel structures for a welder/helper. I told the DH about it, and, as it so happened, his temporary job, which has been rained out more than working for the last month, had too much water on the ground for them to work yesterday (he was promoted to team lead a couple week's back, but if they don't work, they don't get paid). He took the temporary job two months ago because, when he told the folks at the ranch where we've lived the last nearly three years that he planned to move into town with me, they told him no. So he went out and got this temp job and moved into town with me. They still haven't found anyone to replace him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Color me unsurprised.

Anyway, because he was off for the day, he decided to drop a resume off with the trailer company--as the facility manager at the ranch, he had been a customer of the guy who owns the company, so it was a familiar face walking in. He talked to the guy for a bit, then left. Evidently Scott (tired of typing "the guy") put the DH's resume in front of his wife, who's the office manager, and she told him he'd be crazy to pass up the chance to get someone like Corey. Long story short (too late, I know), Scott called Corey and asked him to come in at 1:30 to talk again. They rewrote the job description in the meantime, and asked him to come on board as their service tech, dealing with all the repairs that come in. He will be bringing home more money than he was on the ranch, and of course, I'm also working full-time now, which was not really an option living on the ranch, 45 minutes from town.

So, the upshot was--the dream of homesteading is, once more, pushed off. We're still selling the warehouse, but can wait that out without stress. And when/if it sells, we can buy a piece of land to put the camper/trailer on while we build what we want. And that, my dears, while it appears to be the end of the story, is of course, just the beginning of the next chapter.

For those who don't know, I'm the managing editor of the local paper--but small community journalism does not exactly pay a bunch. I honestly felt as if I'd lost approximately a hundred pounds that had been weighing on my shoulders when he walked into my office smiling to tell me what they offered him. I genuinely love my job, but knew I wasn't making enough to support us for any length of time. We would have been diving into savings very shortly, if Corey's temporary job ended without him getting another. I was willing to give up doing what I love in order to move to viable land--growing things here to live on is just not an option most years, as we're at the edge of the High Chihuahuan Desert, and some years there's less than two inches of rain all year long. I was just trying not to think about how much I would miss this job and these people. Realism sometimes means doing something you don't want to do.

But, there's the cliffhanger, resolved, and happily, and I can look at a future that's years down the road, rather than wonder if I should even start a long series of articles at the paper. As for selling the warehouse--we will continue to do the repairs and upgrades that we planned, and if someone buys it, woohoo! If not, I may still open it as a crafting/farmer's market in the spring. But they'll have to pay for the space to set up--selling things myself has truly been more effort than the return justifies.

And... I've got to go to the laundromat, now that it's nearly daylight. Next ambition--get a washer and dryer! :wink:

Love y'all...
    Lisa in West Texas
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy SAturday! Feels good to be entering the long weekend with just some yard work on my to-do list. Having yesterday off and getting all of my paperwork done was worth it.
    Liz - Omigoodness! Please don't apologize for not posting or being more involved. We all come and go on this thread and give and get advice when we need it. Please remember, like Janet said; We are here for you. We are listening ears and shoulders to cry on. We are here to help pick you up and support you, or to give you the kick in the backside when you need one. Take time and be kind to yourself! <3
    Tracey- So sorry to hear of your friend. Loss is so hard and naturally takes the wind out of our sails. Please take some time. Give yourself some time in the "funk" and then you will know when it is time to shake it off and continue.
    Michelle- The meat platter photo is on Pinterest. I am trying to figure out how to copy/download the photo so I can send it to you. Are you on Pinterest? They have A ton of party ideas. Pinterest is one of those sites that I love, but I have to avoid because it can be a really big time-suck for me. So much to look at, so many great ideas, beautiful places, etc...before I know it hours have passed! Now I only go on when I am looking specifically for something.
    Nomad- So sorry to hear about your struggles with Lyme. I knew there was some one on here that had been diagnosed with it, so glad to see Mary saw your post and jumped on that! Good luck with your health and your marathon! Nice to meet you and hear about you! Welcome!

Yard work today. Mowing front and back lawn and then edging the driveway (we got a new edger). Not sure if I will get in any walking other than behind the mower. But that is walking and pushing for three hours, so it is a good calorie burn for the day. I might leave it at that.

The cooler temps have made the lake temps drop. The lake was in the 70's a couple weeks ago, which is unusual for Lake Michigan, but yesterday it was only 57. LOL! Much too cold for me. Back to the pool I go.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/bc/60/30/bc60303622ba3398a23db72b21b98260.jpg
  • KJLaMore
    Options
    Michelle- Yay! I got the rib platter picture for you posted above! Yea, me and my increasing computer skills! B)
  • KJLaMore
    Options
    Lisa- How wonderful the way things are working out for you!! Isn't it amazing what a difference a change will make in life? That transition to a temp job that Corey took to be closer to you was a leap of faith and it paid off because it put him in a position to look and apply again and get something better! So happy for you both! <3
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    19forever wrote: »
    Hi ladies, I hope it's not too late to join your thread. I could definitely use some motivational help this month.
    Due to illnesses, my husband and my 24 year old son are severely underweight and need to gain pounds and strength any way possible. They both have their own set of dietary restrictions but calories is not one of them! Meanwhile, I need to lose about 30 lbs. Healthy food choices will not be an easy task for me with these two around!!
    My goal for September is simple - just take it one day at a time!!

Sandra, Ontario Canada

Welcome and (((HUGS))). You will make it, one day at a time

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Day 2 of mom's garage sale... I hope the weather cooperates. People don't normally garage sale in rainy weather...

Take care all, have a great long weekend.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • mwopm3
    mwopm3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so inspiring here, I'm glad I landed on this thread. I spent almost 3 hours hiking in the woods near the great Potomac River yesterday. It always feels great to get outdoors and thank god it's not as hot and miserable as it had been a few weeks ago. Then after I returned home, I got together with a girlfriend and we went kayaking! A very good day.

The side benefit is my increased awareness of what I'm eating and the additional exercise - I've now dropped 5 pounds. I wasn't even sure this would work!

Sometimes you guys use abbreviations that I haven't picked up on yet. What is DD? TRX?

Hope everyone has a healthy, active, fun and safe Labor Day weekend!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    mwopm3 - TRX is a body-weight strap system that was developed by a Navy Seal (or someone similar). It is awesome. You can hang it from a tree, door frame, etc and do tons of exercises using it. It is very effective. TRX is the original but there are knock-offs. The difference between them being minor, strap size, etc. Google it or look at them on Amazon to get an idea of what they are.

So my shoulder surgery got postponed. I ended up calling the Dr. for pain medication because it's just gotten too bad and sleep is impossible. The reason it got postponed... not good but I won't go into it right now. Let's just say I have to have some more tests run and CT scan done before surgery. CT scan scheduled for the 9th.

Leaving this afternoon for a short vacation to Colorado. Headed back to my original stomping grounds to get a mountain fix. Gone for almost 40 years but home is always home isn't it.

Marcelyn in Houston
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Hellloooo, nothin like a 5.6 eartquake at 7:00 am to getcha goin in a Saturdsy morning.

Janetr okc
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3x5x35
    Russian Kettlebell swing- 25x10x35

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    2 miles

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Jane – Happy to hear that your surgery went well. Hope you heal quickly.

Joyce – Happy Anniversary a day late! 44 years is certainly something to celebrate. Glad that you had a good outing with your friends.

Miriam – Cute photo of George. Giving them up is sometimes hard, but it’s easier when you know they are going to a good home. And, I especially like it when a couple of the kittens go home together so you know they will be friends forever. Earlier this summer, I had a momma who gave birth to three babies at our house. One of the girls was adopted by a really nice young lady and the other girl and boy went home together with a couple who is friends with one of the shelter volunteers. The momma, unfortunately, has not found a forever home yet and is at the shelter. I went in to visit her earlier this week. She is so sweet that I’m surprised she has not yet been adopted.

Karen – Your cherry tomatoes look tasty! We grow regular size tomatoes and make homemade spaghetti sauce. It lasts us all winter.

Kim – Glad you were able to rescue the blue belly lizard.

Lisa – Smiling at your story. So glad that things are working out for you and for Corey.

Marcelyn – Sorry to hear your surgery was postponed and that you are in pain.

Janet – Are you safe after this morning’s earthquake? It is all over the news here because apparently it was felt all the way up here in the Des Moines area. I was lying in bed at the time and did not feel a thing.

Will post more later. Gotta go take care of the kitties.

Linda/IA
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Off on a road trip. Check in later.
    SueBDew
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Lisa :smile: :smile: :smile:

(((Liz)))

Kim great pics of the blue lizard!

Janetr scary

Out for lunch at my favorite outdoor patio. W.A. Frost.

Continuing to log and it has stopped the creep up in weight.

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
    Morning peeps
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Tracey, sorry for your loss. And sorry for that poor football team. Hang in there and take it one day at a time. Any single improvement you can make in eating or exercise, no matter how small it seems, it one step closer to where you want to be.

Lisa, it sounds like things are working out great. Do you really not eat veggies at all? And if not, then what do you eat? *inquiring minds*

KJ, that is a huge drop in temps for the lake. Wow. Cute platter. The ribs for ribs are really cute. Lol

Marcelyn, sorry the surgery got postponed and hope there is no major problem. Sending prayers your way.

Janetr, I saw the morning news but didn’t even hear about the earthquake. They were too busy making our storm seem worse than it was. I hope there wasn’t much damage. Glad you are safe.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I think we got around 8” of rain yesterday. raining-smiley-emoticon.gifThe water has receded and the sun is shining today so all is good in SC. I’m off to the gym so I hope you all have a wonderful day and safe weekend.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC