Options

Replies

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    9/1: 4.3 miles
    9/2: Rest day
    9/3: 9.4 miles

A hilly, pretty loop with my running group this morning. It was our first glimpse at fall weather; overcast, breezy, low-60s to start; the only lingering trace of summer was the 85% humidity. My calf felt great until about 8.6 miles in and then it got an itty-bitty bit tight but overall, fine. Looking forward to my HM next weekend; won't be chasing any PRs (current forecast: rain the night before, low of 67F overnight... yuck) but it'll feel good to get some fast running on these legs after 3-4 weeks of low mileage/tapering/being cautious.

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    9/11: Lehigh Valley Health Network Via Half-Marathon
    10/8: Coe College Homecoming 5k
    10/16: Halloween Half-Marathon
    11/20: Philadelphia Marathon

• vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date     Miles      MTD
    ------   -----    -------
    Sep  1     0.0      0.0 
    Sep  2     6.5      6.5 
    Sep  3     4.3     10.8 

exercise.png

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

@RespectTheKitty Aaaah, you bowl? I was on a bowling league for 12 years (kindergarten through high school). I used to have my own ball and shoes and everything. I had to quit though because a 3-step approach + running meant that one side of my body was stronger than the other and my hips came out of alignment which was HUGELY painful, and I decided I liked running more. But I love going bowling with people from time to time because 99% of the time I kick their butts ;)

Yeppers. I carry a 184 average. :smile:

I know what you mean about one side being stronger though. There's a good 5 pound difference between what weights I can use for bicep curls on each arm.
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Date.....Distance..Type/min/km

September 1 - 12.8km - Tempo&Reps/4:20, 3:30
    September 2 - 7.7 km - Easy/6:00
    September 3 - 6.1 km - Easy/6:30

exercise.png

03/04: Bucharest 10k and Family run 48:28
    16/04: Color Run Bucharest
    17/04: Forest Run 5k 22:05
    04/06: Happy Run 5k 21:57
    22/07: Bucharest After9Cross 9.5k 49:03
    28/08: Fox Trail Half Marathon (10k) 48:28
    18/09: Baneasa Trail Run (10k)
    25/09: Black Sea 10k
    09/10: Bucharest International Marathon (Half Debut)
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @greenolivetree - beautiful pictures! What on earth was that thing that fell!?
    @MobyCarp - ahhh, your day sounds glorious. That's how my summers are. Very hard to go back when school starts.
    @ohhim - glad you made it through the storm fine. The water looks really rough for the Gulf to me.

Biking for me today. We didn't go as long as we have been because of winds and we are supposed to have 2 long rides the next two days.

9/1 - 4.8 miles
    9/2 - strength training
    9/3 - 34 miles biking

exercise.png

Upcoming races
    2/5/17 - Daytona Beach HM
    2/26/17 - Disney Princess HM Orlando
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for September
    9/1 9 miles - 9
    9/2 5 miles - 14
    9/3 18 miles - 32

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25 << 1:20:22 1 in AG & 15 OA
    Huntsville Half Marathon - 11/12
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10

Excited to get some speed on my long runs for the last couple of weeks. 7 of the 18 miles were at GMP or better.

mile 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, and 16.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    9/3 - 10.2 miles!!!!
    Longest run yet and I achieved my 10 mile goal. It was such a nice morning to run - 50 degrees to start with fog over the lake. Nice to start feeling kind of chilly for a change. I did end up running most of it by myself but it was not bad at all. I kind of enjoyed the time to think and just be in nature.

28.5 miles for the week so far, which I believe is my highest week total.

exercise.png

Next long run will be in Boston next weekend - I'm there for a work meeting from Friday to Tuesday and have the whole weekend to spend running and exploring. Anyone have good running tips for Boston? Last year I did the Freedom Trail Run tour, and did quite a bit of running along the Charles River. It's a nice run along the river so I'll probably do that again.

Happy running this weekend everyone. Good luck in any races!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Sept 1-5.9 miles + 0.6 miles with puppy
    Sept 2-7.5 miles
    Sept 3- 14 hilly miles

Loving this fall weather! Please stay!

@Orphia -Congrats on the 5K PB!
    @sparklyglitterbomb -Awesome photo!
    @9voice9 and @katharmonic -Great job on the 10 milers!
    @Kristinegift- Hooray for a good taper run!
    @TattoedDolphinGirl78- Way to go on the 20K!!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone's doing great!

Got in a short run at the gym this morning and will run my 4 miles at the park tomorrow. I'm gradually adding distance every week and it seems to be working so far. If I can keep up with the training schedule I shouldn't have any problem with that 10K by the middle of November.

09/01 – Unplanned Rest Day but swam 45 minutes this afternoon (too hot here to run)
    09/02 – 3 miles – Pretty slow pace but faster than last run and AVG HR only 139
    09/03 – 1.3 miles around basketball court at gym + 90 min strength training

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Congrats on your longest run.
    @Elise4270 Sorry it's taking you longer to recover.
    All the folks who are sick I hope you feel better.
    All of you in the storms I am glad you survived.
    @MobyCarp kick butt on your HM.

Welcome to all of you new guy's joining us this month. Don't get worried if your distances are not like some of us. We all started small. Keep at it. This group is very encouraging.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    9/1 13 mile run
    9/2 off day
    9/3 23 mile run

284 miles to go.
  • ccontr11
    ccontr11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am so down for this challenge! My goal is to run 50 miles by the end of this month!
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    So frustrated. I headed out for a warmup walk before what was to be a crisp cool 56 degree morning run and it soon became clear that I was not going to be running. Stupid knee thing. I can take days off and more days off but as soon as I run it comes back. I told myself if I had any pain starting Sept then I'd go on a hardcore break from exercise. No running. No walking. No lower body weighted exercise. This has got to go away! I think I can do pilates and do Leslie Sansone walk- in- place workouts. Bike. That's it. No forward motion and no squatting/lunging. I'm sick of this nagging pain behind my knee. Even majorly reducing miles hasn't helped. It just feels better until I run again. Grrr.

@Elise4270 and @ddmom0811 Apparently that thing fell from a huge magnolia tree. We have a magnolia tree in our backyard and I've never seen these.

@sparklyglitterbomb Pretty pic :)
  • ccontr11
    ccontr11 Posts: 25 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    exercise.png
    Long way to go!
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    September

Legs sore, right foot sore so took it easy on park run today. Not fun at all. Hopefully be ok for my harder run tomorrow.

1. 1/9 7.6m
    2. 3/9 5.5m

2/14
    13.1m
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Felt a bad twinge in my ankle today as soon as I started - had noticed it this morning but forgot about it. At first I gave up but then realised if I made today a rest day it'd throw my schedule out for the whole of next week, so started again. Rather than complete B210K Week 4 I decided instead to make this an "easy" 5K. Ankle didn't get any better over run, but didn't get any worse so hopefully will be fine after a rest day tomorrow.

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @greenolivetree oi, sorry about the knee. You have a pt appointment, right? Is it IT band perhaps? Being female I'd look towards a hip issue.

Good luck with it. In the long run, maybe some time off focusing on core strength or a new regimen will be good for your running.

I truly understand your frustration. 1210 here and I have no intention of getting out of bed. Unless someone says they'll buy me an IBC root beer. My *kitten* hurts and it's making me sulk.