September (2016) Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• 5512bf
    5512bf Posts: 389 Member
    Options

I'll keep you posted as I delve further into it, and start actually trying out some of the plans.

His books are well written and does include everything from base building to the plans. All of the aerobic, interval, threshold & pace runs have guidelines on how to run them. I've like the structure so far of the 18/55-70 marathon plan, even though it's hell on the legs. The 15 mile middle of the week runs suck, and the 20 mile week 5 long run is way sooner than anything I've ever tried. For a first marathon i'd probably lean more to the 18/55 plan. I think it starts about 40-45 miles a week
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Date.....Distance..Type/min/km

September 1 - 12.8km - Tempo&Reps/4:20, 3:30

exercise.png

03/04: Bucharest 10k and Family run 48:28
    16/04: Color Run Bucharest
    17/04: Forest Run 5k 22:05
    04/06: Happy Run 5k 21:57
    22/07: Bucharest After9Cross 9.5k 49:03
    28/08: Fox Trail Half Marathon (10k) 48:28
    18/09: Baneasa Trail Run (10k)
    25/09: Black Sea 10k
    09/10: Bucharest International Marathon (Half Debut)
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, @WhatMeRunning ! We've missed you!

For once in my life, I have started a month on a non-rest day. Plan called for a 30 minute tempo run. I started out at what I thought was an easy pace, then looked at my watch and it was bouncing around between upper 8s and low 9s for pace. I was convinced that it was just a bad GPS lock giving me faulty data until I came back and looked at the map. It's really not nearly as jacked up as I expected--it has me starting one street south and about 1/2 block west of where I really started, then diagonaling across a parking lot and meeting up with my actual route about 1/4 block from where I actually turned south. All in all, it looks like it should all even out. So...maybe I actually was going that fast. Who knows.

Anyway, it was a little cooler today and cloudy, but very humid. To the point that I felt a few raindrops when I first stepped outside. I ended up a little shy of 3 miles at the 30 minute mark, so I just kept it slow and finished out the mile, which put me at 32 minutes total. Overall, not a bad run--not what I would call great, but ok.

The schedule for tomorrow says either rest or an easy run (no length specified), with another rest day on Saturday. After six days straight of running, I am currently of the mind that a rest day is in order. My right shin and calf are a little annoyed with me at the moment. Nothing major, just nagging a little. We'll see how I feel tomorrow...

3 miles completed of 75 mile goal.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @KatieJane83 Coming North to visit us Canucks. :) Now I have to see if I can work this into my Schedule. I have a plan to do one event in each Canadian Province or Territory. This gives me New Brunswick and an international destination at the same time. Will probably try to link to a HM the week before in an adjoining Canadian Province. 3 for 1 Running Vacation Trip. Have passport will travel.
    http://bayoffundymarathon.com/
  • mom3over40
    mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Oooh, and I finally noticed that they posted the 2017 date for the half I want to do in June! You need a passport to run it, lol https://bayoffundymarathon.com/

Oh my! That seems like so much fun!!!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - Love that pic! Your 7 miles is a fantastic first day of the month!
    @Elise4270 - Good things come in threes, right?
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Thanks @karllundy
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    9/1- 0

Today's notes: only a day into the month, and already down 8 miles. Ugh. Woke up at 0100 with a migraine, nausea and a fever, ended up having to go lay on the couch with an ice pack on my head because the bedroom was WAY too hot for me. Feel a lot better right now, but I can still feel the aftereffects of this morning. Tomorrow is a planned recovery run, to recover from what was today's cruise intervals, I'll still just do the recovery run, and hopefully get like 11 miles in on Saturday for my long run. Right now I'm focusing on staying healthy, because a 2:05 HM looks very doable, and a 2:00 is within reach if the weather cooperates and I can stay healthy.
  • ibrahimsmama
    ibrahimsmama Posts: 42 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

exercise.png
    [/url]
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 week beach holiday this month :smiley: then my 10k 6 days after I get home. I am therefore going to challenge myself to a number of runs rather than miles to make me do something no matter how short on holiday even if conditions are as hot and humid as expected. So goal is 14 runs - my normal scheduled 6 until I go, 6 whilst away and normal 2 when I return.

Great to see so many newbies and returners :smile:

1. 1/9 7.6m

1/14
    7.6m
  • jringer1
    jringer1 Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    jringer1 wrote: »
    Going for 80 this month...need to create a new ticker for the month

exercise.png

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    9/1: 4.3 miles
    nk this may be my go-to solution for the Wednesday night-Thursday morning runs.

Happy September! WHO IS REALLY FOR SOME AMAZING FALL RUNNING?!?!

Me!!! Bring it on!

9/1: 1.63 miles
    Started out the first day of the month, with lovely weather and a nice breeze. I did a very short and easy base run tonight. Stopped by my old walk to run group that I joined last year at this time, having never run before in my life. A couple of the people who started with me are still in that group and it was fun to see them and run with them. They were doing a short tempo run so I just did my base run along with them. It was a little shorter than I planned but that's ok, because I did longer than planned last night.

Upcoming races:
    10/9 Empire State half marathon, Syracuse NY
    12/3 Saint Nick Shuffle 5k
    Not sure what else - hopefully some other 5k or 10k races in the fall
  • teresasupermama
    Options
    I'm in. Newbie here, but not new to running. Goal for September 150 miles. This should be challenging for me right now.

Goal 150
    5 miles today
    145 to go