Replies

• 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member

exercise.png

READY!!
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    @sparklyglitterbomb - we all started there or less. We encourage - no mocking!

Okay, I've had the goal of 75 for many months and went past the last two months. It really won't be any cooler here in Orlando, but I will go for 80.

Thanks Stan!

@Sparklyglitterbomb HEY in ORLANDO! You're right about the heat not cooling down but this storm is helping! I'm in Kissimmee
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Survived 225 miles in August, but as I'm racing an Ironman 70.3 on the 25th and tapering for Chicago (good to met up at the expo @ariceroni when you snag your shirt), I'll cut back to 190 miles, but aim for 8 sessions with some sort of faster marathon/HM/threshold/10K pace work.

2016 Race Schedule:
    Disney Marathon - Jan 6 - 3:29:09
    Gasparilla 15K - Feb 20 - 1:01:59
    Ironman 70.3 Florida - Apr 10 - 5:07:51
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 1 - 3:08:25
    Ironman 70.3 Augusta - Sep 25
    Chicago Marathon - Oct 9
    Ironman Florida - Nov 5
    Rock 'n Roll Las Vegas 10K - Nov 13
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    3 pages - Man I am late to the party.
    140km with a 160km stretch goal.

exercise.png

2 Planned events in September - both are Trail Races through the Autumn Bush Trails.
    Sept 11 Don't Get Lost in the Woods - ( Might have a On-call Conflict with work :s )
    Sept 23 Roots and Ruts

Last year we had lots of Leaf litter on the Trails hiding the Depressions, Roots and Ruts. At one point we had a Tree blow down across the Trail which had to be Hurdled, Crawled over or under. Seems to be a tradition up here as every second event seems to have Tree blow downs happen on Race Morning which means no time to get it cleaned up.

@Azercord 20 km @ 1:50:00 = 5:30/km - unless I screwed up my math. Take that number and look at Race Results Pace by Age Group for HM ( 21.1km ) races in your area and it will give you a pretty good idea as to how your pace match's up. I don't know of any true 20 km races in my area. Don't forget Environment/Terrain has a major effect on pace so if yours has very little elevation change then that is what you need to compare to.
    Here are some results from a Winter Hypothermic Half Marathon in Edmonton, AB.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,382 Member
    I'm going for 110mi this month. I've got the Blerch HM in Seattle and will be up there hiking for the week after so I am anticipating a lower month this month. On the other hand 120 will be my stretch goal which I will need to get to 1400mi for the year!

Upcoming Races - Let me know if you will be running too!
    07/04/16 - SHEPower Virtual Half Marathon
    07/31/16 - San Francisco 2nd Half Marathon
    08/21/16 - Tiki Beach 10k, Huntington Beach

09/18/16 - Beat the Blerch Half Marathon, Seattle
    11/19/16 - USA Invitational Half Marathon (Yay, I qualified again!)
    12/18/16 - San Diego Holiday Half Marathon
    02/05/17 - Surf City Half Marathon
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    07KatieP13 wrote: »
    2.2 miles this morning, my second run in two months! Only 27.8 miles to go!
    @07KatieP13 The winner - as the first person to post an actual run in the September Thread.
  • ebonibabe1
    ebonibabe1 Posts: 108 Member
    This will be my very first running challenge. I am trying to get back into running after a very long break. I'm not sure how to join this challenge, but, I would like to do 30 miles to start. Thank you. Also, if anyone would like to add me as a friend, I welcome the encouragement
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    @katharmonic Really excited for you leading up to your first HM! I did mine in June, and was on a high for a week.

BetterMike wrote: »
    I'm going to hit my August goal of 70 ( most I've run in a month ) with my run today. So my September goal is 80 miles.

@BetterMike Yay, well done, you! Love those distance PBs!

I will be out of commission for the month of November and most of December due to a planned surgery. I'm certainly not looking forward to 6 weeks off my running. :confounded:

@TattooedDolphinGirl78 Big hugs and fluffy bunnies. Hope the surgery leaves you better, stronger, faster.

@7lenny7 Yaaaay! Great to see you back in here! Been loving your sailing pics on FB, and will be very happy to cheer on your running.

1 September – 10.3 km with hills

Goal: 150 km

Upcoming:
    September 18 – Beat the Blerch Virtual Half Marathon 21.1 km
    October 23 – The Bloody Long Walk 35 km
    November 6 – Vitality 10 km
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited September 2016
    Azercord wrote: »
    Where is a good place to check your run times against averages (national/worldwide/etc)? I've got my 20km run pulled down below 1:50:00 and wanted to see how it stacked up for my age group and how much further I had to go.

@Azercord I know where you can compare 5k, 10k, HM and Marathon times against your age and sex:

http://www.pace-calculator.com/

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    ariceroni wrote: »
    Hi all! As most of you from the August thread know, I was just diagnosed with a tibial stress fracture so my goal for the month is 0 running miles. I'm hoping to get a good amount of walking, biking, and elliptical miles in later this month though once I'm off these damn crutches! Has anyone here tried deep water running/aqua jogging? I've been toying with the idea of giving it a try, but the part of me that is overly-concerned with what others thinks doesn't want to look like a grandma at my university's gym -_-

Upcoming races that definitely aren't happening for me:
    9/10: Chicago Women's Half Marathon
    9/25: Lifetime 5K
    10/09: Chicago Marathon :cry:
    *I will, however, still be collecting my race shirts because registration ain't cheap!*

Upcoming races that I haven't completely given up hope on yet:
    10/30: Hot Chocolate 5K
    11/27: Space Coast Half Marathon

@ariceroni I'm so sorry that this turned out to be a stress fracture! That really truly sucks. You collect those races shirts and use them as inspiration for next fall's race schedule! As for aqua jogging, we did it for XC sometimes in college as "rest days" and it was just weird, mostly because you look like human bobbing apples. But it's effective.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    No running for me today. Looking forward to tomorrow! Apparently my lack of running has turned me into an insomniac again :s
  • Thank you @Orphia!
  • No running for me today. Looking forward to tomorrow! Apparently my lack of running has turned me into an insomniac again :s

Oh no!!!
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    03.49% of goal

01-Sep: 5.24 miles
    02-Sep:
    03-Sep:
    04-Sep: <Life Day>
    05-Sep:
    06-Sep:
    07-Sep:
    08-Sep:
    09-Sep:
    10-Sep:
    11-Sep: <Life Day>
    12-Sep:
    13-Sep:
    14-Sep:
    15-Sep:
    16-Sep:
    17-Sep:
    18-Sep: <Life Day>
    19-Sep:
    20-Sep:
    21-Sep:
    22-Sep:
    23-Sep:
    24-Sep:
    25-Sep: <Life Day>
    26-Sep:
    27-Sep:
    28-Sep:
    29-Sep:
    30-Sep:

exercise.png
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    @7lenny7 - welcome back! Wait till the youngest goes to college...then it's really strange and quiet. All the dynamics change when they come back for breaks, as you know from your oldest.

I love it when the first day of the month is a run day. Otherwise I feel like I'm behind. This morning was fun. I was tired waking up but it was a slight drizzle and felt great. I have 3 long bike rides planned this weekend but it appears like I might be running the rain instead.

9/1 - 4.8 miles

exercise.png

Upcoming races
    2/5/17 - Daytona Beach HM
    2/26/17 - Disney Princess HM Orlando
  • 5.74 kms today. My ticker and month breakdown are at work. lol Will post this way until my return next Tuesday.

Have a great day!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Thank you @Orphia !

@ariceroni sorry about your stress fracture. My coach is a big proponent of hydro running (classier name than aqua jogging :)) for injured runners to maintain their fitness. They have group runs at our Y where everyone attaches to the wall on a tether and runs intervals, tempo, etc, whatever the workout was for the run groups that week.

@TattooedDolphinGirl78 sorry you will be having surgery and have to take time off. Hope you have good running until then and a speedy recovery.

Looks like a beautiful day out there today, hope it is where you all are as well. I'm going to stop in and run with my old walk to run group tonight I think and do a base run - will be fun to see everyone.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    It's the first of the month but a rest day for me! Ugh, lol. Jealous of all those getting a start today. However, I do have this arriving in the mail today, so that kinda makes up for it a little bit. So excited for it! Will finally be entering the world of having actual, legitimate training plans, lol.

takf77qyjqfz.jpg
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    9/1 - 4 miles. Weather was beautiful! Had to cut it short because I hit snooze too many times.

exercise.png