POKEMON GO

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I was at a Psyduck nest (it normally isn't one but tonight it seemed to be). I caught 8 Psyducks in 15 minutes. Now if I could only find a magikarp nest
  • LiftHeavy33
    LiftHeavy33 Posts: 40 Member
    Lol those magikarp are dirty little fellas!
  • LiftHeavy33
    LiftHeavy33 Posts: 40 Member
    I saw a gyrados nearby tonight but couldn't track him down b4 he disappeared
  • _SummerGirl_
    _SummerGirl_ Posts: 3,791 Member
    Why does it take sooooo long to get to the next level?!

Sigh
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    So the boy carelessly transferred his polywhirl one day and guess what we caught today!!! Sitting in McDonalds! he was very happy
  • synchkat
    Villae81 wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    So the boy carelessly transferred his polywhirl one day and guess what we caught today!!! Sitting in McDonalds! he was very happy

If he marks it as his fave he won't have that problem anymore

ooooh is that why he marks some as favourites? Maybe I'll do that
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    I've been wanting water pokemon for a awhile now. We went up to Lake Arrowhead this weekend and I caught a bunch of them! Lots of magicarp and goldeen and a few poliwags. Several psyducks a tentacool and two dratinis! I was pretty happy about that. ALso, the eggs that we put into incubators while we were at the lake hatched into water pokemon, so that was pretty great too. I only had a couple water pokemon before this.
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member

Sigh

If you hold onto your pidgeys and don't evolve stuff right away there's a trick to getting a ton of exp points. Use lucky eggs to go on an evolve spree, don't use it for hunting. Pidgeys are only 12 candies to evolve and ratatas are only 25. Save them up and only trade in enough to cover all your evolves and then mass evolve. You get 500 points per evolution, 1000 if it's during a lucky egg. If you evolve a pokemon into a new pokemon when using the egg that gets you 2000 points at once. So, if you save your evolves and new pokemon evolves and knock them all out in one 30 minute session you can walk away with 20,000 to 40,000 exp points. Depending on how quickly you can do it. Still have to wait throough the evolve animation though.
  • _SummerGirl_

Sigh

You're not catching enough pokemons

There aren't that many around here. :'( I'm impatient. It was awesome when I went to San Francisco. Everything is so much slower when not there. Sigh.

Sigh

If you hold onto your pidgeys and don't evolve stuff right away there's a trick to getting a ton of exp points. Use lucky eggs to go on an evolve spree, don't use it for hunting. Pidgeys are only 12 candies to evolve and ratatas are only 25. Save them up and only trade in enough to cover all your evolves and then mass evolve. You get 500 points per evolution, 1000 if it's during a lucky egg. If you evolve a pokemon into a new pokemon when using the egg that gets you 2000 points at once. So, if you save your evolves and new pokemon evolves and knock them all out in one 30 minute session you can walk away with 20,000 to 40,000 exp points. Depending on how quickly you can do it. Still have to wait throough the evolve animation though.

Thanks! I do try that...but the last couple weeks, it's been slim pickings if I stay in the same areas. I can walk an hour and just find maybe a dozen. But if I go walk somewhere new, there's more...but I don't always have time to drive somewhere new.

Have you noticed it gets more difficult to catch the stupid pidgeys and ratattas as you level up? They just keep breaking free...whereas sometimes I can catch a newer Pokemon with higher cp with one try. So weird. :neutral:
  • _SummerGirl_
    I've been wanting water pokemon for a awhile now. We went up to Lake Arrowhead this weekend and I caught a bunch of them! Lots of magicarp and goldeen and a few poliwags. Several psyducks a tentacool and two dratinis! I was pretty happy about that. ALso, the eggs that we put into incubators while we were at the lake hatched into water pokemon, so that was pretty great too. I only had a couple water pokemon before this.

I wonder if what hatches makes a difference based on where you are.

That whole evolving eevie into what you want is a cool trick.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    It's been a good weekend. Caught a bunch of new things, hit level 20, and evolved a gyarados. Too bad the gyarados is frikkin sucky, looks like I'm gonna be karp hunting again next weekend.

New things: sandshrew, scyther, voltorb, seel.

This tired, sweaty guy was walking ahead of us at the lake. A kid comes running up to him yelling full volume "DAD! HURRY! There's a SEAL!" then proceeds to drag his obviously overheated father down the path as fast as possible. I was like dumbass kid, it's Dallas, there ain't no seals in this manmade lake. We catch up to them, and there's a group standing around in a circle, staring at...a phone. Because the kid caught a seel.

• _SummerGirl_
    It's been a good weekend. Caught a bunch of new things, hit level 20, and evolved a gyarados. Too bad the gyarados is frikkin sucky, looks like I'm gonna be karp hunting again next weekend.

This tired, sweaty guy was walking ahead of us at the lake. A kid comes running up to him yelling full volume "DAD! HURRY! There's a SEAL!" then proceeds to drag his obviously overheated father down the path as fast as possible. I was like dumbass kid, it's Dallas, there ain't no seals in this manmade lake. We catch up to them, and there's a group standing around in a circle, staring at...a phone. Because the kid caught a seel.

Hahahah that's awesome. I was in SF by the water and my friend and I had caught gyarados... And then saw like half a dozen people running toward us in hopes of catching it as well. Lol
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member

If you use the appraisal feature it raises up the chances of evolving a better poke. I was saving a 166 155 and 141 karp I was gonna evolve the higher cp but good thing i use the appraisal feature and it told me the 141 is an "amazing" pokemon

Yeah I learned how that worked right after the evo, whoops. I've got an "amazing" Vaporeon but its attack isn't great, trying to decide if I'm gonna build it up or try again. So many variables, I wonder if the "perfect" Pokemon exists....
  • _SummerGirl_
    0akuhbguh761.png
    Went walking today but nobody was out to set out lures -.- but I managed to evo a marowak and caught a low cp venusaur and hatched 6 5k eggs

Dang! That's a lot of pokestops in one place

Jealous
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    0akuhbguh761.png
    Went walking today but nobody was out to set out lures -.- but I managed to evo a marowak and caught a low cp venusaur and hatched 6 5k eggs

Dang! That's a lot of pokestops in one place

Jealous

you should see Central Park...
  • synchkat
    I'm headed out for a run this morning and promised the boy I'd try to get our egg to hatch. Luckily I only have run 1km to do so. :)
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    I'm headed out for a run this morning and promised the boy I'd try to get our egg to hatch. Luckily I only have run 1km to do so. :)

hatch my eggs too
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Hopefully today will be a good Pokemon day for me
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Anyone else excited for the buddy pokemon? I'm going ot have my giant Lapras just clomping around my no-where-near-an-ocean town!
  • synchkat

hatch my eggs too

I got the egg hatched and started on another. Give me your phone I'll do yours next