30 Day Shred Group - July

Options

Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Lvl 1 Day 9 is complete! Holy crap, tomorrow is the last day on Lvl 1. I think I might miss it a little :laugh:

I haven't so much as peeked at level 2 because I don't want to fret about it.

Trust me, don't look until you start it. I wouldn't have started it if I knew what it was. Better to just go in blind and hope for the best. I cursed JM the whole time. "You want me to do WHAT?! Are you INSANE?! Crazy b!tc#!" I think my husband gets a kick out of listening to me. He only wanted to lose 5-7 pounds and has already done it. He said he'd join me in the last week or so to tone up a little bit. He really thinks he's going to start on level 3. That's just adorable. She'll make him cry.
  • mbag97
    mbag97 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm thrilled with this video! I started off not being able to do a push up on my knees and now can easily do plenty (still on my knees - but a huge improvement!) I am on day 12 and have had to skip 2 days due to neck problems. I am doing this while training for a 7 mile race in August. Today i ran a little over 3 miles in 30 minutes and will do level 2 of the dvd very soon!

This is my second day of of level 2, and man is it hard!
  • mbag97
    mbag97 Posts: 5
    Options
    Sorry for the double post, but how do you guys log your exercise for the 30 day shred?
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Trust me, don't look until you start it. I wouldn't have started it if I knew what it was. Better to just go in blind and hope for the best. I cursed JM the whole time. "You want me to do WHAT?! Are you INSANE?! Crazy b!tc#!" I think my husband gets a kick out of listening to me. He only wanted to lose 5-7 pounds and has already done it. He said he'd join me in the last week or so to tone up a little bit. He really thinks he's going to start on level 3. That's just adorable. She'll make him cry.

Ok I LMAO at this. :laugh: :laugh: Only because I was so ready to move on to Level 2 after 10 days of L1 and I almost started crying 1/2 way through the first day of it. I was all, why are you being so mean, Jillian??? :sad: :sad: :sad:
    [/quote]
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the double post, but how do you guys log your exercise for the 30 day shred?

I just made my own catagory (30 Day Shred - Level 1) and then use my HRM to gauge calories burned. Otherwise, you can log it under Circuit Training.
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    D4L1 Complete. This time my husband did it with me. Just watching him sprawl on the floor was enough incentive to keep me going. :laugh: He got up and completed it though. He was slightly surprised at how much it works you but he didn't complain, just laid there for awhile after we were done. We'll see how he does tomorrow :bigsmile:
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Double posted sorry
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I'm on Day 6, Level 1. Things have gotten A LOT easier! Except the side lunge w/ arm raises (stupid 5lb weights!)
    I can't do push-ups (not even when i was super skinny as a kid) So I just hold myself in the plank position the whole time.

I bought an HRM today! Yay for the Polar FT4! =) .... I started it before and after, and it said I burned 310 calories for 26 minutes.... Not sure how it was 26 minutes, but that's okay =)
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options

Ok I LMAO at this. :laugh: :laugh: Only because I was so ready to move on to Level 2 after 10 days of L1 and I almost started crying 1/2 way through the first day of it. I was all, why are you being so mean, Jillian??? :sad: :sad: :sad:
    [/quote]

Hahaha, that's not encouraging you two :P That's basically the way I feel though - no peeking that way I can't worry about it. It's more fun and less nerve-wracking to just jump right in!
  • siufat2409
    siufat2409 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is my day one~~~~~~~I think I will do Level 1 for 5 days then I will do Level 2 right a way~~~~~~~^.^

Hope I can see some result after 2 weeks~~~~
  • myiceisonfire
    Options

I agree. DO NOT look. It's something you can't take back LOL! After I watched level 2 and 3, I was wondering if I should just do level 1 for 15 days, and then level 2 for 15 days and that's it =P
  • jenniferfelice
    Options
    L1D8 DONE! Wow I did not want to work out today...my little sister officially passed on her cold to me and I woke up with a sore throat but tonight I toughed through it and am definitely glad I did! L1D9 here I come!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I can't do push-ups (not even when i was super skinny as a kid) So I just hold myself in the plank position the whole time.

Good idea for a modification!!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Arg! :angry:

The scale HATES me. +2 lbs since last Friday. I doubt it's muscle this time. Dammit!

It's your muscles holding water since they are stressed. trust the tape measure:smile:

Tape measure hates me too.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Tape measure hates me too.

Yeah, I know. I just finished day 12. Scale isn't moving, tape isn't moving. Well, the scale has moved just the tiniest bit this week. A half pound if anything. I think a big difference is that I'm staying hydrated. Before starting this I was lucky to get 5-6 glasses of water in a day. Now I'm getting 7-8 because I down a huge glass as soon as I'm done. I'm less dehydrated when I get up in the morning. So I know I'm losing fat instead of losing and gaining the same water weight every day.

Just take a look at yourself and see if you can find any difference. My calves are really starting to look good. I have two noticeable cuts. Someone else noticed definition in her shoulders. Look for something positive, ANYTHING positive. And hold onto it. When it's time to work out I look at my calves, and then my tummy. And then I press "play."
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Today my speaker didn't work, so I couldn't hear Miss J's voice...Im thinking that was a good thing! :tongue: I have also decided that my favorite workouts are the ones where I get to lay down on the floor..makes me think Im resting a little! :wink:
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Today my speaker didn't work, so I couldn't hear Miss J's voice...Im thinking that was a good thing! :tongue: I have also decided that my favorite workouts are the ones where I get to lay down on the floor..makes me think Im resting a little! :wink:

i used to enjoy those 'rests' too. then i started level 2. lol. kiss them goodbye!!! :laugh:
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

I bought an HRM today! Yay for the Polar FT4! =) .... I started it before and after, and it said I burned 310 calories for 26 minutes.... Not sure how it was 26 minutes, but that's okay =)

It's 26 minutes with the warm up and cool down. My HRM has always said this.
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Good idea for a modification!!

Another mod is to do push ups on the wall while standing up. Then you will probably be able to do them with your knees bent on the floor after awhile.