30 Day Shred Group - July

Options

Replies

• mgravy
    mgravy Posts: 47
    Options
    D3L1 done. I absolutely could not get up early this morning so I had to wait until tonight to do it. It seemed soooo much harder. I'm wearing myself thin. I think I may have to do six days and take one day off per week just so I can refuel.

Today was D3L1 for me and I know EXACTLY how you feel! I woke up this morning wondering if I had been hit by a car in my sleep. It took everything I had just to get out of bed and I am still amazed that I managed to push myself through another 20 minutes of Jillian kicking the crap out of me!
  • casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing about Jillian crushing!!! But I thought it was Anita she was crushing on and if you watch Anita sometimes it looks like she's crushing on Jillian too! So cute! "Isn't that right buddy?"

Finished D7L1. I missed a day yesterday. Even started it and just gave up and shut down the DVD. I waited until too late which I've been doing too often lately. Anyone else having a tough time trying to talk themselves into it? And when I do start it I have no drive or energy. I'm hoping it will get better cause there's no way I can move onto L2 this way. :yawn:

I have to do it in the morning or else I won't do it at all. If I get that out of the way in the morning, then if I want I can do something "easier" at night like the treadmill or wii fit
  • wondergirl1003
    wondergirl1003 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Today was D3L1 for me and I know EXACTLY how you feel! I woke up this morning wondering if I had been hit by a car in my sleep. It took everything I had just to get out of bed and I am still amazed that I managed to push myself through another 20 minutes of Jillian kicking the crap out of me!

But you got out of bed and did it. Great job! I try to do it first thing in the morning, because if I exercise at night I have a hard time falling asleep. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE WEEKEND!!!!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Did D3L1 last night. My endurance is getting a littl better. Hoping after day 7 I will be ready to up it to level 2!
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    oh you guys gave me a good laugh on the crushin'comments!

level 1 day 8 done. i lost only a fraction of a pound since restarting. no measurable inchs yet either but it looks like its moving a tad. the big nsv: in the mirror i saw definition in my right arm - unflexed!. i can't recall when the last time i saw that was.....maybe 20 years ago?

i like level 2..and did the first time around as well....It seems to go faster to me. & less weights. hate weights lol.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I just started Level 2. I took today off and decided to do my workout in the morning so I don't have to think about it later. I thought it would be like the beginning of Level 1. It was worse. I am soaked and shaking. That woman is EVIL.
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options
    I just started Level 2. I took today off and decided to do my workout in the morning so I don't have to think about it later. I thought it would be like the beginning of Level 1. It was worse. I am soaked and shaking. That woman is EVIL.

I'm 3 days into level 2 and it's still hard. I find myself taking it easy instead of doing the advanced moves. At least I'm still moving I guess.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    I weighed today because this will be a not so good weekend with 2 birthday parties. I have lost a pound since Sunday when I last weighed in. I guess I haven't POed my muscles enough yet. I was expecting a gain but loved it going on down. I'll weigh again Mon then after that I'm just going to weigh weekly.

My right bicep hurts though! Almost like a pulled muscle hurt. Not like my legs or stomach hurt. I might take it easy on that arm today and let it rest. Just work the left on the bicep curl. Gotta try to fit in 30ds today since I have a birthday party to go to tonight! Funnnnnn times!!
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing about Jillian crushing!!! But I thought it was Anita she was crushing on and if you watch Anita sometimes it looks like she's crushing on Jillian too! So cute! "Isn't that right buddy?"

Finished D7L1. I missed a day yesterday. Even started it and just gave up and shut down the DVD. I waited until too late which I've been doing too often lately. Anyone else having a tough time trying to talk themselves into it? And when I do start it I have no drive or energy. I'm hoping it will get better cause there's no way I can move onto L2 this way. :yawn:

Yes! I quit after the 2nd circuit L1 Day 5 (which was 7/6) and couldn't face doing it yesterday - did run 3 miles at the gym though. I'm going to get right back at it tonight after work though - I'm afraid if I don't it'll get easier and easier to blow it off each day. Going back to 3 pound weights too.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Well, Jillian is taking a backseat today! The sun is shining, the temps are decent, and Im going to go for a walk w/ my son and dog. Im sure Jillian will be disappointed, but she will get over it! I'll catch her later, but for right now, it's walking time. :smile:
  • emyjane84
    emyjane84 Posts: 67
    Options
    D6L1 done! ^^
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    D3L1 Done. It does get better. I notice my endurance during cardio is picking up:smile: . I missed a few days but on those days I replace the shred with a great walk. I think my muscles thank me for the break. But anyway, back to shredding and actually looking forward to tonight to see how much better I am :smile:

Keep up the great work everyone!!!
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    day 12 done for me - 2nd day of level 2. slightly better than yesterday as it wasnt as new to me as yesterday was. still a really tough workout though! glad its over so quickly!!

getting shredded!

12 down, 18 to go...........
  • angieaanderson
    Options
    L1D3 was last night. It's actually getting a lot easier. Still can't do a regular push-up but ehh-- I've never really had that much upper-body strength anyway. Thanks goodness for the modified version (which I still don't do properly and my husband still giggles at me whenever I do it lol)

I measured myself early this morning and saw that I was .5-1 inches smaller around my bust, waist and hips. Not such a big deal, but it definitely gave me an extra boost of confidence :) Of course, I made the mistake of weighing myself right before lunch and to my disappointment, saw 1.5 extra pounds to my regular numbers. I'll totally blame it on the fact that a) I weighed myself before lunch WITH my office clothes on, as opposed to weighing myself first thing in the morning with uh, no clothes on and b) a certain Aunt Flo will be visiting very very soon (sorry guys).

Onto L1D4 tonight!

Oh and to everyone who is just starting out, trust me the soreness will go away! My legs have finally loosened up and I no longer look like zombie walking down the stairs :)
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 3 complete!
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D5 today I was actually able to do all of the side lunges with 3 lb weights. Still hate the push ups but try to one set regular and the next set modified. 25 more days to go!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Oh and to everyone who is just starting out, trust me the soreness will go away! My legs have finally loosened up and I no longer look like zombie walking down the stairs :)

Ahahahaha, too cute! <3 Zombies!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Lvl 1 Day 9 is complete! Holy crap, tomorrow is the last day on Lvl 1. I think I might miss it a little :laugh:

I haven't so much as peeked at level 2 because I don't want to fret about it.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Arg! :angry:

The scale HATES me. +2 lbs since last Friday. I doubt it's muscle this time. Dammit!
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Arg! :angry:

The scale HATES me. +2 lbs since last Friday. I doubt it's muscle this time. Dammit!

It's your muscles holding water since they are stressed. trust the tape measure:smile: