SEPTEMBER WEIGHT-POSTING CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    tcay584 wrote: »
    Today's weight - 96.8kg (213.6lbs).
    I'm eating out tonight so hopefully I can stick to something without too much salt!

Trying to stay under sodium max when eating out is almost impossible for me, I pretty much have to go with a salad, and even then be careful with what meats are in it and the dressings.

I started bringing my salad dressing in a little tuperware container when we go out to eat. Drove my husband nuts at first, but now he just finds it amusing. I use Bolthouse yogurt dressings and that'll save me almost 200 calories over restaurant blue cheese dressings. I keep it in the orange 21 day fix cup so I know my portion. I am always ready for the sodium bloat for the day or two after eating out. I have resigned myself to it, even though it annoys the ever loving jinkies out of me.

Lol! I do the same! I even bring my protein as I am vegan so in my little tupperwear I have either beans, tempeh, tofu..... Etc..... At first my husband was like "OMG" and my girls were like "Moooooommmmm" but now they are used to it and I never let it get to me. They even remind me know! It's the best this way you don't stray and you know what to log! Join the club
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    08/09 - 95.9kg (+0.4kg from yesterday)
    09/09 - 95.0kg (-0.9kg from yesterday)

• michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    September 9 - 217.0 lbs. (Anyone else do a lot of snacking during the football game??)
  • moorem93
    moorem93 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    9/8 -140
    9/9-139.4
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    9/7-146.4
    9/8-146.0
    9/9-144.2

Went out to dinner logged and avoided the game snacks. Just recovering the weekend damage now....
  • frankiesgirl21
    Options
    September 9 - 217.0 lbs. (Anyone else do a lot of snacking during the football game??)

salt.
  • ChristineDuran1
    ChristineDuran1 Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thank you for starting this experiment Michael_jordan7. Today will be my first log-in. I wish you all the best. :)

9/9 133.6
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

I had a bit of a binge last night and undid my previous two 144 weigh ins.

At least it wasn't a binge of epic proportions and I am well aware of what triggered it. Live and learn.
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sept 1 - 202.8
    Sept 2 - 202.4
    Sept 3 - 201.7
    Sept 4 - 200.9
    Sept 5 - 200.7
    Sept 6 - 200.9 - hoping to break this 200lb mark soon!!!
    Sept 7 - 200.2
    Sept 8. ---
    Sept. 9th - 196.6 No clue how this happened and probably due to my bad day not being able to really eat or drink water. It's under 200 though! Lets see what tomorrow holds after actually eating and drowning in water.
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm eating out tonight so hopefully I can stick to something without too much salt!

Trying to stay under sodium max when eating out is almost impossible for me, I pretty much have to go with a salad, and even then be careful with what meats are in it and the dressings.

I started bringing my salad dressing in a little tuperware container when we go out to eat. Drove my husband nuts at first, but now he just finds it amusing. I use Bolthouse yogurt dressings and that'll save me almost 200 calories over restaurant blue cheese dressings. I keep it in the orange 21 day fix cup so I know my portion. I am always ready for the sodium bloat for the day or two after eating out. I have resigned myself to it, even though it annoys the ever loving jinkies out of me.

Oh I need to do this! Are you on the 21 day fix plan? I wondered about it, but I've been doing well on this so why pay for something else right? I was just curious if you felt it is helping a lot and worth it.
  • frankiesgirl21
    Options
    dtmwed wrote: »

Oh I need to do this! Are you on the 21 day fix plan? I wondered about it, but I've been doing well on this so why pay for something else right? I was just curious if you felt it is helping a lot and worth it.

I saw the Bolthouse dressing at target tonight. I bought the cilantro avocado and had it on a steak salad. YUM! I can't wait to try the other ones! Thanks for the recommendation!
  • jtkatch
    Options
    September 9, 2016

Sept 5: 133.6
    Sept 6: 135 (+1.4) holy moly
    Sepr 7: 134.2 (glad it went down!)
    Sept 8: 134.2 (no change)hmmmmmn
    Sept 9: 134.0 (a fart) LOL

It's funny how the scale works against our psyche....we say NO a 1000 times in our head per day and we expect the scale to reflect our efforts and self control. When it doesn't....we get disappointed and sometimes say "damn...what did I dowrong? Or Why isn't this working? OR F* this! Uggggggghhhhh"

I say it all the time and it's hard to keep going. It's hard to stay motivated bc everyone tells us "it takes time...consistence pays off...and I know they are right....but DAMN it's HARD (I know I know NO ONE said this was going to be easy.

Thank you for hearing me vent.
  • jtkatch
    Options
    September 10,2016

Sept 10: 135 ( HOW?? I didn't eat 3500 cal EXTRA yesterday!!....must be water??) ugggg it's hard to stay motivated!
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    jtkatch wrote: »
    September 10,2016

Sept 10: 135 ( HOW?? I didn't eat 3500 cal EXTRA yesterday!!....must be water??) ugggg it's hard to stay motivated!

Don't give up! I am right there with you, feels like if you don't eat perfectly you gain weight!
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    September 10 - 220.5

Great Gatsby! How does my body gain so much weight, so quickly? That is 8 lbs in 2 days!
    Did I eat more than I should have? Yes. Was it all you could eat for 2 days straight? NO!
  • jtkatch
    Options
    jtkatch wrote: »
    September 10,2016

Don't give up! I am right there with you, feels like if you don't eat perfectly you gain weight!

Thank you Michael. It's people like you that I like entering these challenges.
  • ChristineDuran1
    Options
    9/9 133.6
    9/10 134

I went to the movies last night and splurged. But I was strict with what I ate the rest of the day. Hopefully I drop that and more today.

Y'all have a good one :)
  • frankiesgirl21
    Options
    9/7-146.4
    9/8-146.0
    9/9-144.2
    9/10-143.0

@jtkatch- monthly cycles maybe?
    @ Michael- sounds like water. Are you over on sodium?
    @both- water drink more? Drink like its your job and then drink more. My goal is 100oz per day minimum. It seems to help.
    Remember we started this as an experiment. Weight loss is not linear. It helps us recognize trends. I told you I was working off last weekend. So my net loss from last Saturday is actually -.2 lbs but I hadn't found this thread yet. We can do this. We just have to learn and adapt! ;)
  • jtkatch
    Options
    9/7-146.4
    9/8-146.0
    9/9-144.2
    9/10-143.0

@jtkatch- monthly cycles maybe?
    @ Michael- sounds like water. Are you over on sodium?
    @both- water drink more? Drink like its your job and then drink more. My goal is 100oz per day minimum. It seems to help.
    Remember we started this as an experiment. Weight loss is not linear. It helps us recognize trends. I told you I was working off last weekend. So my net loss from last Saturday is actually -.2 lbs but I hadn't found this thread yet. We can do this. We just have to learn and adapt! ;)

Hey hey MJ....thank you...yes cycle is coming on Friday. Sodium over by a bit. Changed my setting to try and get into ketosis (burn fat) nothing I am doing is working. Trying trying trying. I am vegan so eating is challenging. But not lazy in the kitchen! I weigh everything.

We will continue adapting and try to encourage each other! Yay! We can do this!
  • Karinlisa
    Karinlisa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know it is the 11 th September , but can I join please as only just seen the post - hope you do it October too !
    I weigh every day as I know it helps me but I am the slowest dieter ever - anyway :-
    September 11 th 180 lbs