WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Pip, loved the pictures. Would love to be a volunteer at one of the rides.

Kim, I don't know how they operate but I read about a lot of people talking about their blogs and people subscribing to them. Also have you ever written and published any cookbooks. I am certain you a few of us would subscribe.

Barbie, so good you have some things to do with the line dancing even though you can't be doing any dancing.

Well I haven't had any problems with high blood pressure today. My new medicine is twice a day. I did fine with it last night, of course it was bedtime when I took it. But 12 hours later I took the one this morning along with my other 2 medicines. An hour later I was almost on the floor when I stood up. Blood pressure dropped real low again while standing. It took about an hour for me to stop that but the rest of the day my heart rate goes up when am up walking. So no church tomorrow and Monday I will be calling dr again. I am so tired of feeling so bad since this stent was put it. I can't my Aleve for my bursitis, I bruise easily, no energy. Oh well.

Joyce, worried in Indiana

• Purl62
    Purl62 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Pip, LOVE your pictures!! I think Tom and I need to put that ride on our to-do list. We will be gone next year, but in 2018 we will have to do it. Looks like so much fun. We did Trek Tri-Island in 2001 and slept in tents- Tom says his tent days are over unless he's backpacking so he'll be happy to know that he can bring our little trailer.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Barbie,I made blankets for project Linus for many years.Now I make blankets for our local shelters for the cats cages.
    Have a good weekend.
    hugs jane
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    3sl3f82udofo.jpg
    Also on the ranch.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day:
    Ride MS day 1- 4hrs 30min 10sec, 3205 elevation gain, 161mhr, 135ahr, 13.2amph, 59.2mi = 2671cal
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: I look forward to you being able to dance pain free and walk as much as you want. I'd love to be there to see you dance when you're 100! :bigsmile:

tammytylerjones: Welcome back! I remember you. Everyone is different & every day is a bit different. I'm not a big consumer of carbs. Today's meals add up to 40% carbs, 21% fat, and 39% protein. Not every day is like today, but I usually have more protein than carbs. Today I have more than the usual amount of protein & I'm under my fat goal by quite a bit. I often go a bit over on fat. I'd do okay on a paleo diet, at least for a while. The challenge we all face is to eat in a way that keeps us healthy, feeling good, and at our goal weight. Give yourself permission to experiment with proportions as you stick to your calorie goal. As to time of day--I don't have a clue whether it matters which foods are eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, but I think late night snacks are the devil's candy. :devil: :flowerforyou:

Purl: I envy your upcoming trip to Victoria. I love that city! :smiley:

Pip: The photos are wonderful! Thank you for sharing! :heart:

Maryann in UK: I think logging every bite and swallow is the key to success. You are on the right track. :flowerforyou:

Janet: I'm a regular Pioneer Woman viewer & have seen the Mercantile on TV. Did you take any pictures? :huh:

We had a gorgeous day today & I just got back from walking the dog. My riding lesson for the week has been cancelled because my teacher has the opportunity to take an advanced class, herself. I hope she enjoys every minute and passes some of what she learns along to me and other students. DH & I are talking about a trip to the beach tomorrow. We'll see how we feel when we wake up in the morning.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Loving the pics from the travelers! We had a wonderful day in Estes.

Toured the Stanley Hotel.

One of the "girls" had her picture taken with a dude at the Scottish/Irish Festival in a kilt :) It was so fun!

Drove Trail Ridge and climbed up to 12,000 feet. Drank plenty of water, went slow, headache is gone. Spectacular views - wow!

Wonderful meal at The Dunraven Restaurant. Shrimp scampi with a "succotash" of edamame, corn, and red peppers.

Now back at my friend's "lodge" home, chatting and relaxing...

<3

Karen from Virginia in Estes Park
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Karen, Trail Ridge is one of my most favorite places in the world. I went every summer as a younster.

Janetr okc
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    :*
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • shanitomorrow
    shanitomorrow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Hope your Septmber is going well. Hard to believe it's already the 11th and I'm just arriving here!
    I took a break from logging this year, with moving and setting the house up, and commuting for work, I wanted some space to attend to them.
    I didn't do too badly, but around the end of August I could feel my clothes were getting tighter, so started logging again. It's going well so far, I'm dropping the weight to where I was. Following this year's health check, I have new goals now:
    - lose 1 kilo by end of September.
    - maintain sodium intake at average 600mg per day.
    - establish Pilates and yoga classes (Pilates already booked for Tuesday mornings, found a Friday yoga class, but not registered yet).

Best wishes everyone, look forward to seeing your progress!

Shani in Leicester, UK
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday
    Weighed in this morning got to 132 at last, only 6 lbs to goal hooray! :)

Going to Spain for 8 days on 26th will have WiFi so can keep up with you all but I won't be logging
    Will do a lot of walking though so hopefully won't do too much damage

Going out today for a drink, have pre logged food and drink so should be ok except I tend to get the munchies after alcohol. Never said I was perfect

I have a fridge magnet which says
    "I know I'm not perfect but I'm so close it scares me"

Kat UK
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    yhia7i66vfrl.jpeg
    Kate UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    cloudy gloomy morning this morning... we desperately need some rain..going to Michael's celebration of life this afternoon. and back at it for work on Monday..
    Like I told you yesterday they had an Open House yesterday for the Wellness center upstairs, my old bosses wife the landlady was there, and she told me when they had a meeting that , I was such an asset to the business , that I was under valued and that I deserved a raise.. will never see a raise , they are to cheap for that. but it was nice to hear that someone does appreciate me...
    Also another friend stopped in yesterday when I was working and she retired from a state job last december, her dad left her a place in a 55 park and she and her husband have been down there since January,,,they rent there house to there DD and her boyfriend, for 500.00 a month so the taxes are taken care of with the stipulation that they have a bedroom that is theres when they visit...
    They are loving life. enjoying retirement.... that is what I hope to do in a few years.. God Willing
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    heather wonderful pictures! Sounds like it was a fantastic visit, so happy.

Chugging along with tracking my new habits. Going to meal plan and shop accordingly today. Maybe even sneak in another weekend nap--falling in love with the weekend nap!!

A full week ahead but not too many late nites so I should get in some regular workouts and nice dinners to share with DH.

Peace, NYKAREN