Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    It's weird hearing a dial up modem not followed by "You've got mail"
  • cee134
    edited September 2016
    I never had mail :'(

I send myself texts and emails to remind myself to do things. 1. I remember 2. For a second I think...OMG somebody is texting me!!!!!

Just throwing this out there because technology. I actually don't use Evernote but am thinking about the free version because Adam Savage form Myth Busters swears by it. The draw back is I have to have wifi to use it. (there are plenty of other apps too)
    Evernote also allows you to create reminders for notes based on time and location. That means you can make a grocery list, set the reminder for when you’re at the grocery store, and Evernote will remind you that you have a grocery list.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member

I send myself texts and emails to remind myself to do things. 1. I remember 2. For a second I think...OMG somebody is texting me!!!!!

I'll txt you things

8_5.gif

I will sell it to you for brownies, pizza and beer!
  • cee134

I do something that's pretty easy. I tie a colored string around my finger.

Then I check my string log, based on color and length to what reminder code it corresponds with. Then I check my reminder codes to what category the reminder falls under. Once I find the category I am able to cross reference it with other identifying factors so I can access a data base that lists various items like times, dates, places by number. Once I get the correct number sequence I decode the numbers and Voila!
  • cee134
    edited September 2016
    cee134 wrote: »

I do something that's pretty easy. I tie a colored string around my finger.

Then I check my string log, based on color and length to what reminder code it corresponds with. Then I check my reminder codes to what category the reminder falls under. Once I find the category I am able to cross reference it with other identifying factors so I can access a data base that lists various items like times, dates, places by number. Once I get the correct number sequence I decode the numbers and Voila!

That is very simple indeed...but it doesn't give you that split second of feeling important to somebody...

No, for that I use my self-text app that is set to go off at random times and says the messages I wrote to myself.
  • Domino_75
    Domino_75 Posts: 373 Member
    Did the reptillians get rid of the California Raisins too?
  • cee134

Just throwing this out there because technology. I actually don't use Evernote but am thinking about the free version because Adam Savage form Myth Busters swears by it. The draw back is I have to have wifi to use it. (there are plenty of other apps too)
    Evernote also allows you to create reminders for notes based on time and location. That means you can make a grocery list, set the reminder for when you’re at the grocery store, and Evernote will remind you that you have a grocery list.

Can Evernote send her text messages to tell her how special she is?

somehow I think you'd be texting me conspiracy theories about how it was the reptilians who were really behind the downfall of the dominos pizza Noid dude.

I wish I was that clever to pull something like that off.

On January 30, 1989, a 22-year-old man named Kenneth Lamar Noid walked into a Domino's Pizza in Atlanta, Georgia, with a .357 magnum revolver and took two employees hostages. After a five-hour standoff during which Noid demanded $100,000 in ransom money, the employees in question escaped. But the damage to the Noid brand was done: not only was the headline too good to ignore ("Domino's Hostages Couldn't Avoid the Noid this Time") but it turned out that Kenneth Lamar Noid actually believed he was the Noid—or, at least, the Noid's original inspiration.
  • cee134

Can Evernote send her text messages to tell her how special she is?

somehow I think you'd be texting me conspiracy theories about how it was the reptilians who were really behind the downfall of the dominos pizza Noid dude.

I wish I was that clever to pull something like that off.

On January 30, 1989, a 22-year-old man named Kenneth Lamar Noid walked into a Domino's Pizza in Atlanta, Georgia, with a .357 magnum revolver and took two employees hostages. After a five-hour standoff during which Noid demanded $100,000 in ransom money, the employees in question escaped. But the damage to the Noid brand was done: not only was the headline too good to ignore ("Domino's Hostages Couldn't Avoid the Noid this Time") but it turned out that Kenneth Lamar Noid actually believed he was the Noid—or, at least, the Noid's original inspiration.

sadly...I knew this fact. I had a three foot tall stuffed Noid I won at cedar point when I was a kid.

I had the video game...