New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    upssrzoqhtmc.jpg
    This gets released tomorrow but my BK had it early I guess. It was good, but nothing to go out of your way for, definitely very salty! Not sure if their regular chicken fries are that salty or not, but didn't really remind me much of cheetos
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    upssrzoqhtmc.jpg
    This gets released tomorrow but my BK had it early I guess. It was good, but nothing to go out of your way for, definitely very salty! Not sure if their regular chicken fries are that salty or not, but didn't really remind me much of cheetos

I bet these tasted like those "cheedar cheese fries" does anyone remember those? They came with like a pack of cheese mix (kinda like mac n cheese mix) and you would dump it on the fries and "shake em". They were super salty. These look so good, too bad they weren't haha. I love cheetos and I love BK chicken fries separately.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    o5nfi1.jpg
    These taste very much like pumpkin pie and are chewy and tasty!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    upssrzoqhtmc.jpg
    did you ever try the cheese bites or whatever they were called?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I just got this at Kroger. They have several flavors including s'mores and oatmeal raisin. Both of those had a rather nondescript vanilla yogurt that was not that great without the mix ins. The mix ins for the s'mores weren't very good, they looked good, but bland. The oatmeal raisin was better, but not by a lot. The raisins helped. This ginger snap crunch on the other hand is phenomenal! The yogurt has cinnamon, cloves, and ginger in it and it's tasty just by itself. Add the weirdly precise bits of ginger snap cookie and it's damn good. I scraped the bottom of the container on this one!hyhjc042l0hm.jpg
    I actually really loved their veggie and fruit mix flavors. I take it those werent popular enough to keep around

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I actually really loved their veggie and fruit mix flavors. I take it those werent popular enough to keep around

Yes! I liked the blueberry cucumber flavor the best, but I didn't like the cucumber bits. My lunch buddy at work thought I was nuts with the pineapple/kiwi/spinach. I live in Cincinnati where Kroger is headquartered, so we sometimes get to be guinea pigs. The veggie blends are still here. There is a new one, lemon zucchini. I haven't tried that one yet.
  • hgycta
    Options
    upssrzoqhtmc.jpg

No I did not! The Doritos ones? I wish but I really don't normally even go there that often. Honestly the only time I was impressed with Burger King was with their whopperito, that thing really impressed me! These didn't even remind me of cheese honestly, just crusty salty chicken fries xD
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options

Now I want crush a couple snack bags of cheetos and make "shake n bake" to see if it is any good.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    jb4y5572eonn.jpeg
    16 chips for 100 cal! And delish!!
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    5uk9dep36y09.png

Is the rocky road bar being released as well?
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    upssrzoqhtmc.jpg

No I did not! The Doritos ones? I wish but I really don't normally even go there that often. Honestly the only time I was impressed with Burger King was with their whopperito, that thing really impressed me! These didn't even remind me of cheese honestly, just crusty salty chicken fries xD

I think she might have meant the mac and cheetos. I never had a chance to try those, but my sister was obsessed. Like a mozzarella stick but with mac and cheese inside. I tried the doritos bites a while back and those were cheesy. I liked them, but it was difficult to eat the whole order.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »

Yes! I liked the blueberry cucumber flavor the best, but I didn't like the cucumber bits. My lunch buddy at work thought I was nuts with the pineapple/kiwi/spinach. I live in Cincinnati where Kroger is headquartered, so we sometimes get to be guinea pigs. The veggie blends are still here. There is a new one, lemon zucchini. I haven't tried that one yet.

Speaking of weird flavors for yogurt has anyone found this one yet?

http://usa.fage/yogurts/fage-crossovers#carrot-ginger-pistachios

Every store I look at has the more normal sounding flavors.

I also can't find any of the new Noosa flavors with the exception of the Chai flavor which doesn't appeal to me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Today I bought at Target two more bags of the M&Ms Boo-terscotch since it was 2 for $5.00, Pumpkin Spice Oreos, & the Kind Caramel Almond Pumpkin Spice. Has anyone tried the Larabar in Snickerdoodle or Gingerbread? I'm not usually a fan of Larabars, but those two flavors seem like they would be interesting.

At Giant I bought the Thinkthin flavors in Pumpkin Spice & Dark Chocolate Peppermint.

I was in a snacky mood today so I tried some of the items.

The Thinkthin bars definitely tasted like what it was supposed to, but something about the texture of Thinkthin bars is too waxy tasting. Definitely not a repeat purchase.

At Wal-Mart I finally got around to buying the single four cup package of Noosa Vanilla & it was of course yummy! Great Vanilla taste & definitely the creamy base that Noosa is know for. The only flavor like I've said I couldn't stand is the lemon.

The Kind bar I'll have to eat another since I ate it when I was hangry & just wanted to shovel food in my mouth without really caring about the taste.

I also really enjoyed the new Reese's Big Cup with Reese's Pieces.
  • TheBelAndDanielle
    Options
    I was checking out the new "Elevate" line at Aldi, which is supposed to be geared towards those looking for fitness-related nutrition. I can't find anything on the internet about it, and honestly, I wasn't too impressed by the time I was through reading the label. I can find a lot better quality protein powders that are worth my money and calories, in my opinion.
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

I have that flavor in my fridge but I'm too scared to eat it :)
    In my area these weird flavors are unfortunately way more common than the very yummy sweet ones and so I decided to give it a try, but haven't felt like eating it since....
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Today I bought at Target two more bags of the M&Ms Boo-terscotch since it was 2 for $5.00, Pumpkin Spice Oreos, & the Kind Caramel Almond Pumpkin Spice. Has anyone tried the Larabar in Snickerdoodle or Gingerbread? I'm not usually a fan of Larabars, but those two flavors seem like they would be interesting.

At Giant I bought the Thinkthin flavors in Pumpkin Spice & Dark Chocolate Peppermint.

I was in a snacky mood today so I tried some of the items.

The Thinkthin bars definitely tasted like what it was supposed to, but something about the texture of Thinkthin bars is too waxy tasting. Definitely not a repeat purchase.

At Wal-Mart I finally got around to buying the single four cup package of Noosa Vanilla & it was of course yummy! Great Vanilla taste & definitely the creamy base that Noosa is know for. The only flavor like I've said I couldn't stand is the lemon.

The Kind bar I'll have to eat another since I ate it when I was hangry & just wanted to shovel food in my mouth without really caring about the taste.

I also really enjoyed the new Reese's Big Cup with Reese's Pieces.

They have pumpkin spice and mint chocolate in the Think thin? I only got the bites. PB is pretty good. Salted caramel is okay. The chocolate almond brownie is meh. They are all, like you said, a bit dry and waxy....but at least it's protein.

My husband didn't like the honey BBQ almond kind bar. He said the first 3 bites were good, then he had this horrible BBQ aftertaste with the last half. He likened it to dipping one of those Lance peanut bars in Sweet Baby Ray's. Lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    kirstenb13 wrote: »

I have that flavor in my fridge but I'm too scared to eat it :)
    In my area these weird flavors are unfortunately way more common than the very yummy sweet ones and so I decided to give it a try, but haven't felt like eating it since....

Yeah my stores don't even have the caramel flavor anymore, I'm not happy about it!
  • hgycta
    Options
    2ui50ha01yin.jpg
    My red velvet B Up bars arrived yesterday, but since it was over 90 degrees they were melted so I decided to let them settle. I microwaved half and had the other half regular and honestly I don't think that changed anything with how soft these bars are already!
    If you're a fan of B Up bars, you'll probably like them. I think I prefer more solid bars but I think it was good. Not something I'll be running to get more of since the red velvet cocoa flavor was very subtle and it didn't have many cream cheese chips in this bar, but it was nice to try something new. I'm honestly disappointed, but I can't tell if it's because they could've done better with capturing the red velvet flavor or if it's just me not liking their protein bars. At least it didn't have a weird chemical taste though! I just like something sweeter ;p
    I would love to hear other people's thoughts who try this bar still. I think Ohyeah ONE bars should try their hand at a version of this ;)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    2ui50ha01yin.jpg
    My red velvet B Up bars arrived yesterday, but since it was over 90 degrees they were melted so I decided to let them settle. I microwaved half and had the other half regular and honestly I don't think that changed anything with how soft these bars are already!
    If you're a fan of B Up bars, you'll probably like them. I think I prefer more solid bars but I think it was good. Not something I'll be running to get more of since the red velvet cocoa flavor was very subtle and it didn't have many cream cheese chips in this bar, but it was nice to try something new. I'm honestly disappointed, but I can't tell if it's because they could've done better with capturing the red velvet flavor or if it's just me not liking their protein bars. At least it didn't have a weird chemical taste though! I just like something sweeter ;p
    I would love to hear other people's thoughts who try this bar still. I think Ohyeah ONE bars should try their hand at a version of this ;)

I might have to try this brand if I can find it, I think almost all protein bars are too sweet. Can't stand anything with the coating on it like Combat Crunch because they just taste sickly.
  • hgycta
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    2ui50ha01yin.jpg

I might have to try this brand if I can find it, I think almost all protein bars are too sweet. Can't stand anything with the coating on it like Combat Crunch because they just taste sickly.

Ooh I love Combat Crunch! If you find those too sickly these would probably be perfect for you, my taste buds are used to being overwhelmed ;) You should probably wait until they ship to stores though, unless you're fine with melted bars that stick to the wrapper. But if you're impatient like I was their website has free shipping (no limits, so you can order a single bar and ship it free), so that's pretty awesome