Unexpected

Options

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I got to sing for Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, and I also arranged a song/sang in a quartet in front of 6,000 people for my graduation. I'm a reimbursement analyst at a hospital, but I'm just a music nerd at heart. :smile:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and I've never touched cigarettes or drugs

I can relate to this! It's often assumed that I smoke pot based on my "vibe," but I've never touched it ever. I'm just naturally a chill person.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Growing up I was I was a 4H clown and I absolutely hate clowns.

I am full of useless information and won trivial pursuit once in 15 mins.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    My mom made me take ballet when I was younger. I'm actually pretty good at it.
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I keep coming back to this and yet I keep drawing a blank....

darn it isn't there anything unexpected about me?!
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    My mom made me take ballet when I was younger. I'm actually pretty good at it.

aww cute!! :) I'm jealous too btw...
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I have one that happened again this afternoon.... I must sound really young because when I've had people call me that don't know me, when I've answered they phone they ask me if they can speak to my mother! I always say no, she's not here!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm a metal head \__/(0_0)\__/
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I was the first person in my family (those we had communications with) to complete high school as opposed to getting a GED and the first person to graduate college, let alone with honors =)

It's about breaking the cycle and using what's around you as a model - even if that model is just telling you what NOT to do.
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I can pick up things with me feet, I can also eat and type with my feet.If I ever lose both my arms I will be fine.
    Also if you go into my mpe playlist among all the death metal, goth,and punk rock you will find Britney Spears lol

How'd I miss this?? I had a friend who could do that too. So cool yet kinda freaky to watch. Lost touch with her over the years, wonder if she can still do it.
  • Camppryor21
    Options
    I was in band and played the flute. Was 1st chair all through my band years. I was also named "Class Clown" all 4 years of high school.
  • aliciadjackson
    Options
    I was voted most school spirit and was probably the only cheerleader that spent her weekends getting muddy and shooting guns with some of the star football players....and I wasn't that popular either.
  • Camppryor21
    Options
    I was voted most school spirit and was probably the only cheerleader that spent her weekends getting muddy and shooting guns with some of the star football players....and I wasn't that popular either.

Thats the best. Im such a country girl and had more guy friends than girl friends.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I have Social Anxiety Disorder and am extremely reserved in most situations, but as soon as I am comfortable I am chatty and opinionated. No-one expects it.

I dunno about Anxiety disorders, but I'm sorta the same way. I won't converse much with someone I don't know well enough and I'll probably come off as anti-social but given enough time and I get more used to 'em I'll start talking more.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I can be extremely boring, and my lawn mower is 37 years old.

This is hilarious. Made me burst out laughing!

I've never drank, smoked, or did drugs. I still have tons of fun.
    I'm the first one out on the dance floor and the last one to leave. And I will dance dirty.
    I speak Russian, Tat (a Persian dialect), Spanish, and working on Hebrew.
    I'm from Azerbaijan. Yes, it's on a map.
    I like and admire people who get their message across in few words, because I can't. I'll blab and blab and blab blablablablabla.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I don't speak very eloquently. I'm all "uh" and "like" when I talk. It's quite a contrast to the way I write. People are usually blown away by my writing (fiction/non-fiction, not forum messages lol).
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Oh lord...

I LOVE hard rock/heavy metal music....the more heavy guitar and screaming, the better. But when others are in my car or house, it's pop or hit list type of music lol

If I hadn't become lazy, I would've played the flute professionally and was good enough to actually make it happen.

I'm a complete klutz-I've been known to fall up the stairs and fall down while standing COMPLETELY STILL...

People assume I'm great with money and numbers because Im a banker....but the truth is it hurts my brain to make change sometimes~!

I don't know why so many people get surprised...but I prefer to drive a standard and I'm better at driving a standard than most of m y guy friends :)

I have OCD and my biggest vice is security/locks. I have to check locks on windows doors and car doors like it's going out of style.

That's all I can think of at this very moment..
  • aliciadjackson
    Options
    I give off a "good girl" vibe a lot ......and well I am...
    BUT most are surprised to learn I like some rap and hip hop most of the time... put a little Ludacris in and I'm bound to be singing along tryin' to act all gangsta...... HA!
    and even more surprised when they see my dancing
  • TinaRodina
    TinaRodina Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and I've never touched cigarettes or drugs

I can relate to this! It's often assumed that I smoke pot based on my "vibe," but I've never touched it ever. I'm just naturally a chill person.

I, too, have never done any drugs or smoked cigarettes in my life.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I've been both a super girly-girl and a tomboy in my life so people tend to be surprised by me no matter what I do

I was president of my sorority in college
    I have a pull-up bar installed on the wall in my bedroom
    I'm a huge car buff, will talk about cars and engines and such for hours if you give me the chance
    I love to mountain bike, rock climb and hike
    I read the Financial Times every morning
    I'm actually really smart, this one really seems to get people, it's like they've never met a smart young pretty blonde woman before