Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• countrygrace77
    countrygrace77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Here's how you hide them from the kids...

u0mxha8djy7e.gif

best. life hack. ever.

You're welcome. Although I think it should be a box of All Bran...kids ain't never gonna touch that.

I'm sorry. My boys love bran flakes with raisins.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    The choco chip oreos are sort of disappointing. That's not to say that they aren't good, they're just not an oreo, really.

This is the year I'll buy the pumpkin spice ones. I'll roll my eyes at myself, but I'll buy them, and I'll probably secretly love them.

Agreed on the choco chip. I like the cookie, but the filing is meh at best.

I bought the Swedish fish ones because I have a morbid curiosity.

Will have to see if I can find pumpkin spice..

~Lyssa

Please update on the Swedish Fish oreo because most reviews I've read about it have horrified me.

Quoting myself from a comment above your inquiry. However, feel free to take this with a grain of salt since I'm not a fan of Oreos in the first place. :wink: Oh, and I've never read any of the other reviews, gonna have to hunt them down and compare them to my experience. Ha!

"My roommate handed me of those Swedish Fish Oreos. Smelled like cherry snow cone syrup with a dash of cherry cough syrup. Initial flavor wasn't awful, but... And this is hard to explain, but to me the aftertaste screamed gummy. I've always thought of gummy as a texture, not a taste, but yeah. Somehow at the end it screamed gummy and not in a good way. *shudder* But again, I'm biased. lol"
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    The choco chip oreos are sort of disappointing. That's not to say that they aren't good, they're just not an oreo, really.

This is the year I'll buy the pumpkin spice ones. I'll roll my eyes at myself, but I'll buy them, and I'll probably secretly love them.

~Lyssa

Please update on the Swedish Fish oreo because most reviews I've read about it have horrified me.

Quoting myself from a comment above your inquiry. However, feel free to take this with a grain of salt since I'm not a fan of Oreos in the first place. :wink: Oh, and I've never read any of the other reviews, gonna have to hunt them down and compare them to my experience. Ha!

"My roommate handed me of those Swedish Fish Oreos. Smelled like cherry snow cone syrup with a dash of cherry cough syrup. Initial flavor wasn't awful, but... And this is hard to explain, but to me the aftertaste screamed gummy. I've always thought of gummy as a texture, not a taste, but yeah. Somehow at the end it screamed gummy and not in a good way. *shudder* But again, I'm biased. lol"

This is EXACTLY what I've been reading in reviews all over the net :grimace:
  • Wynterbourne
    edited September 2016
    Options

~Lyssa

This is EXACTLY what I've been reading in reviews all over the net :grimace:

Whoa. Wow. Now I really have to Google those reviews. That's freaky. LOL. Hrrmmm. Switching careers to food taste tester would probably be a bad idea. LOL

ETA: First review I found, "The smell was overpowering, and not in a good way; instead, it was like I accidentally spilled a bottle of cherry Benadryl on my kitchen counter."

Even used the phrase, 'not in a good way'. Someone cue The Twilight Zone music.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I have never seen these Swedish Fish Oreos. I'm intrigued. I like Swedish Fish. Obviously, I have a deep and undying love for Oreos. I never in a million years would have thought to put them together, but you know, I'll eat them.

I put peanut butter on oreos once, way before the peanut butter flavor actual existed. Woah. Amazeballs.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    this thread is still alive?!?! all these comment about a waste-of-space cookie like the oreo!?!?! you peeps need to get out more often!

(ducks and runs for cover :o )
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    A consistent source of disappointment in my life is the fact that we don't get the special edition Oreo flavours in Canada.

I mean, I know they're never going to compare to the original. But I at least want to try!

I've seen some of the special edition ones in Canada. S'mores ones were sold up here, pumpkin spice ones are in stores now, I saw them yesterday (I'm in Calgary right now). I can't remember which other flavors that I've seen here, but I know I've seen some. Definitely not as many flavors as there are south of the border, but there have been a few.

Waaaat. Out of curiousity, which stores are you shopping at @crabbybrianna ? I'm in Ontario and have checked Walmart, Metro and Loblaws with no luck.

The most I've seen here are sometimes mint and a lot of Olympics and Stanley Cup ones that are just regular Oreos with a special design.

I'm in Quebec and am having a hard time finding anything other than the thins, the standard and double stuf, the white oreos and sometimes birthday cake (the white ones).

I did find chips ahoy cookies with oreo creme center, though. I'm looking forward to trying those.
    cee134 wrote: »
    Cover those cookies in fudge.
    I'm going to make my husband the pokeball oreos which are essentially double stuf dipped in white chocolate with red sanding sugar with semi sweet chocolate lines.
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I apologize in advance and please please forgive me, but I must share a few of the fake flavored Oreos I've seen in the past. Brace yourselves. :dizzy:

t7dgwje0ajtw.jpg

93haj0e2z008.jpeg

599ifsxu4x0c.jpg

po8ieuj7icp4.jpg

3bx87ualfmyc.jpeg

y8gmob3dud15.jpg

I laughed so hard when I saw the "healthy" broccoli Oreos. LMAO I wouldn't eat that in a million years!

Those fake flavors are definitely interesting.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've seen some fake (?) Nutella Oreos picture on my Facebook feed. I want those so badly.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Someone posted a fake carrot cake on Instagram. I was so happy until i realized it wasnt real
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Someone posted a fake carrot cake on Instagram. I was so happy until i realized it wasnt real

Now that would be amazeballs. I picture spicy carroty brown sugary cookie with cream cheese filling. Yum.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I tried chocolate thin mints today and loved them. How are regular chocolate Oreos?

I also bought choco chip and candy corn today.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Target has Oreo Thins on sale, 25% off. I definitely recommend at least trying some out.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Target has Oreo Thins on sale, 25% off. I definitely recommend at least trying some out.

Very bad things happened last time I bought the chocolate ones.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'm guessing these aren't what you are eating in the US!

e7tokej67242.jpeg

Negative. We have those but Oreo thins =\= Oreos.
  • Wynterbourne
    Options
    And in honor of Halloween fast approaching for some of us. I give you "Horror Movie Oreos". I'll take one Re-Animator and one The Stuff. :smirk:

dreadcentral.com/news/188924/exclusive-favorite-horror-movies-get-oreos/
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    snikkins wrote: »
    snikkins wrote: »
    Trip report: the key lime Oreos are amazing.

I hate normal Oreos and I'm generally not fond of sweets, but Key Lime pie can be Kryptonite to me. The Key Lime Oreos might actually be dangerous for me. LOL

They have a graham cracker cookie with key lime filling. It's pretty good.

I actually tried key lime pie for the first time the other day (it was a trader joe's sample) and now I REALLY need the key lime pie oreos in my life but no joy in the stores I go to (yet!). Where'd you find them?

I refuse to order off amazon. The prices are outrageous.

I love Jo-Jo's from Trader Joe's. When I eat them I realize THEY are the real Oreo. :love: Something about them... probably the vanilla bean taste and the cookie part isn't so hard. I've never seen any flavors other than the basics vanilla, chocolate, chocolate chocolate, they also have gluten free which is nice for those in need of that.

Of course all Trader Joe's sell different things across the US, maybe we just aren't Key Lime territory. :laugh:
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @ccrdragon I am with you here. Just found this thread. 1.1k replies...
    I emphatically don't like Oreos. Pure-waste-of-shelf-space-wouldn't-spend-my-calories-on-that
    [duck]