New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    2ui50ha01yin.jpg
    My red velvet B Up bars arrived yesterday, but since it was over 90 degrees they were melted so I decided to let them settle. I microwaved half and had the other half regular and honestly I don't think that changed anything with how soft these bars are already!
    If you're a fan of B Up bars, you'll probably like them. I think I prefer more solid bars but I think it was good. Not something I'll be running to get more of since the red velvet cocoa flavor was very subtle and it didn't have many cream cheese chips in this bar, but it was nice to try something new. I'm honestly disappointed, but I can't tell if it's because they could've done better with capturing the red velvet flavor or if it's just me not liking their protein bars. At least it didn't have a weird chemical taste though! I just like something sweeter ;p
    I would love to hear other people's thoughts who try this bar still. I think Ohyeah ONE bars should try their hand at a version of this ;)

I might have to try this brand if I can find it, I think almost all protein bars are too sweet. Can't stand anything with the coating on it like Combat Crunch because they just taste sickly.

Ooh I love Combat Crunch! If you find those too sickly these would probably be perfect for you, my taste buds are used to being overwhelmed ;) You should probably wait until they ship to stores though, unless you're fine with melted bars that stick to the wrapper. But if you're impatient like I was their website has free shipping (no limits, so you can order a single bar and ship it free), so that's pretty awesome

I'm in Canada so none of that shipping stuff will apply to me, sadly...but the brand is now on my list to keep an eye out for! My favourite bars are the Quest ones like banana nut muffin and apple pie so these sound about right for me.

I tried a Combat Crunch birthday cake flavour for the second time the other day and I couldn't finish it. Ditto the cinnamon roll. I was so sad because I like birthday cake flavoured stuff but that darn coating ruins protein bars for me (same with the pumpkin Quest ones from last year...sooooo good for two bites and then blerch.)

Thanks for posting about these, I'm always on the hunt for more options since I eat one for breakfast every day and get tired of the same ones all the time.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    This brand's finally on sale at Shop Rite

th?id=OIP.M6c2d1e080d1b6ec6dc0199247eb32813o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Yep, I'm a fan. I got the raspberry and vanilla ones. Really wish skyr was on sale more often!
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Yep, I'm a fan. I got the raspberry and vanilla ones. Really wish skyr was on sale more often!

What is this? Is it like a yogurt? I am now curious and want to try it.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, successful short trip to Trader Joes during lunch. Most of their pumpkin stuff is in so I can try the Pumpkin Soice Cookie Butter. I was running low on good cheese at home so I also picked up some Gruyere and some of their English Cheddar with Caramelized Onions.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

Skye is yogurt. Icelandic yogurt. It is beginning to appear everywhere but I haven't tried it yet.

• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Just tried, Hi I'm Skinny Quinoa Sticks. They taste just like Sun Chips to me.

I'll be happy when MFP figures out how to allow users to post pictures from their cell phones. I rarely sit at my desktop.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    fet4ixhkfkbn.jpg
    All month of September you can download chick-fil-a's app and get a free breakfast sandwich so I got the egg white grill finally and I'm very impressed! The bacon egg and cheese muffin I tried earlier last month was such a disappointment with hardly any egg but this had plentiful amounts of everything and was very well balanced. I love how much heartier the whole wheat muffin was than McDonald's muffin sandwich which isn't whole wheat, and even the cheese tasted high quality and was perfect!

I got mine the other day and really liked it. I may just buy my next one. :smiley:
  • Francl27
    Options

It's usually less sweet and denser than (flavored) Greek yogurt. I haven't tried plain though. I love Siggi's too. They're just usually more expensive, so I don't bother (although I can find big tub of Siggis' vanilla at $5).
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    6hkae5wta5ng.jpeg
    got this today.. anything remotely cookie butter will never do wrong in my eyes.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Quest let me down with their mocha protein bar because apparently it's on back order so the two I bought last night won't be here for at least two weeks now!
    However, my friend works at GNC and sent me a photo of these limited edition shakes I'm definitely trying after how impressed I was with the pumpkin.
    Also tried this cheesecake ice cream on sale at shoprite. Incredibly indulgent and tasted just like cheesecake, very impressed!

1ftnuinrlyjf.jpg
    255kizzpbf6f.jpg
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    I'll be happy when MFP figures out how to allow users to post pictures from their cell phones. I rarely sit at my desktop.

Agreed!!!

• Francl27
    Options

It usually works on mine, unless they've messed that up too (but only my own pictures I guess).
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options

It usually works on mine, unless they've messed that up too (but only my own pictures I guess).

are you on an iphone or an andriod phone?
  • Francl27
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »

are you on an iphone or an andriod phone?

Android. I just still haven't figured out how to copy/paste so I can't post external links, lol.
  • tess77h
    tess77h Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I saw an advertisement at Casey's General Store for a spinach, artichoke, chicken pizza, has anyone tried this and does anyone know calories, its not on their website yet.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    qmymrfvnmif1.jpeg

oooooooo want to try these!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    qmymrfvnmif1.jpeg

oooooooo want to try these!!

Those bars look good!

There's so many bars I want to try.