Halloween 2016

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    subakwa wrote: »
    So in the US is Hallowe'en just a "dress up as whatever" thing then? Not spooky / scary for All Hallow's Eve?

Yup. Dress up as whatever you want really. I was a fairly last year but an evil fairy.

People decorated their houses to be spooky here. One does a full on haunted house in their front yard
  • I usually just toss something together for myself, but I go all out when it comes to my kids' costumes!! Here is what they'll be wearing this year, dressing as Sans and Mettaton Ex from the video game Undertale. (Pics are from when we went to a con this summer.)

ffc7jwwhg90h.jpg

5m7go55hbe46.jpg

Here's one from a couple years ago when we all did a Pokemon theme!

5y5c3uzknl8b.jpg

xdherghfwb1l.jpg

bjpcmj1ucpcz.jpg

I'm poor and have no where to set up my sewing machine that my youngest won't get into it, so any sewing I do is hand sewing. So I try to keep their costumes built from things that they can re-use through the year. "Real" clothes, adjustable and removable accessories, and the like.

My 8 year old wants to be meta/mega flowey & I keep trying to talk him into being sans... This may help! It's awesome!!!
  • FluffyRhino
    FluffyRhino Posts: 21 Member

My 8 year old wants to be meta/mega flowey & I keep trying to talk him into being sans... This may help! It's awesome!!!

That's awesome! My daughter says that she is "totally a Sans in real life because [she is] funny and lazy."
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Anyone going as a spooky ghost?
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Wednesday Adams.

My puppy is going as a ladybug.
  • 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    39 days, 10 hours and 44 minutes until Halloween!!!
  • cee134
  • 3M_TA3
    Today i start bringing up the decorations....woo hoo
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    I'm still obsessed with the angel wings I wore last year. I am thinking about adding a bunch of rhinestones to them and breaking them back out! (Who am I kidding they are still hanging in my bedroom)
  • BreezyPeezy5
    BreezyPeezy5 Posts: 8,059 Member
    I don't have a party to go to or I'd dress up as a ninja. :'(
  • cee134
    I don't have a party to go to or I'd dress up as a ninja. :'(

You don't need to go to a party for this.
  • 3M_TA3
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    I am so jealous of your collection!!!!! not to hijack, but my bf and I just started a Christmas village collection last year. Please share when you have it all put up!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Halloween is hands down my favorite holiday! I never dress up though...I always take the day off from work, get a bunch of junk food and watch horror movies all day while handing out candy to the neighborhood kids.
  • 3M_TA3
    dizzzigrl wrote: »
    I am so jealous of your collection!!!!! not to hijack, but my bf and I just started a Christmas village collection last year. Please share when you have it all put up!

This is only a couple years old....I decorate a lot of stuff...
  • 3M_TA3
    Halloween is hands down my favorite holiday! I never dress up though...I always take the day off from work, get a bunch of junk food and watch horror movies all day while handing out candy to the neighborhood kids.

Why not dress up to hand out candy? Last year I sat in a chair next to my step-daughter and scared people....
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    3M_TA3 wrote: »
    dizzzigrl wrote: »

This is only a couple years old....I decorate a lot of stuff...

post pics of your decorated house awwwwww
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member

Why not dress up to hand out candy? Last year I sat in a chair next to my step-daughter and scared people....

I don't dress up because I don't want to. That's the beauty of Halloween...no obligations :smile:
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,601 Member
    My boyfriend and I always go as bacon and eggs. It's a dorky costume, but it's going to become our Hanging Chad, and I'm OK with that. :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited September 2016

I dress up to go to the school parade, then to trick or treat with the kids, and to hand out candy. I will never take the kids to the mall trick or treat again. It gets my older daughter so grumpy. She hates how crowded it is. I only go to a party when it's not on actual Halloween. Halloween is for my kids. I do enjoy the party when I can go. This year is too busy, so I won't go. But, I go to parties once a month in which I can dress however I want, or in a costume if I want. But, I do love the Halloween parties. And if there is more than one, I can have different costumes. There is a Tim Burton costume party that happens near Christmas. I haven't gone yet. But, I love the photos of the costumes. So, I might go. Looks fun.