GREEN TEAM

Options

Replies

• velvetwing
    Options
    lol.... wheres the yoga tape with the hot guy??? :laugh:
    Ive tried some yoga in the past ( trying to strengthen my core -- I have back issues) needless to say yoga was really hard for me. Im strong willed but not strong in the muscle department haha!
    Last week I went and I bought some bands -- the stretchy ones that use resistance... I really liked it ( at the time) cause I really felt like I was getting a good stretch and I really do want to gain some strenth in my back so I can stop hurting myself. Well................... for two days now I havent been able to move lol. my arms and legs feel fine but wow...... my back is killing me. I know its just strained so I have to kinda wait it out. I should know better lol.
    On the up side.......... my foodies went really good today so Im pleased, at least with the calorie part. The part that blows me away everyday is I keep going over on my protiens... and I dont think I am eating very much but it looks like I am just getting too much protien. ( egg whites for breakfast, turkey with salad lunch, chicken for supper) So....... what are your thoughts about a 'high protien diet'? I think its still okay myself since people who are on say... a diabetic type diet are on high protien and do great.
    btw.... who loves the show " The Doctors" ? I absolutely love it...... watching it right now and they are talking about back pain so Im going to go watch...
    Goodnight all and happy dieting

GO GREEN !
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    n2dfire, thanks for showing us the chart. Pretty cool. Betcha didn't know your wife starred in a yoga video, huh:love:

Sassie, even though you can't "shake your bootie", you can still do some upper body strength training just to keep in the swing of things. Be very careful on your ankle. I had a MCL (knee) injury and it took forever to heal, even with physical therapy. I still get twinges in it that kinda scare me. What about water aerobics?

So, I went to the gym tonight and was able to do my hour on the elliptical but wasn't able to do the treadmill because they were all taken and there were people lined up waiting:angry: On a good note, even without the treadmill calories, my food was on track (only 200 and some left) and I got in all my water so I feel pretty good. If I can keep this up I will be so happy!!

Hoping everyone else is having a good evening and we'll chat tomorrow. Good night!
  • lovejoy_nr
    lovejoy_nr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join the team?
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    n2dfire, thanks for showing us the chart. Pretty cool. Betcha didn't know your wife starred in a yoga video, huh:love:

Sassie, even though you can't "shake your bootie", you can still do some upper body strength training just to keep in the swing of things. Be very careful on your ankle. I had a MCL (knee) injury and it took forever to heal, even with physical therapy. I still get twinges in it that kinda scare me. What about water aerobics?

So, I went to the gym tonight and was able to do my hour on the elliptical but wasn't able to do the treadmill because they were all taken and there were people lined up waiting:angry: On a good note, even without the treadmill calories, my food was on track (only 200 and some left) and I got in all my water so I feel pretty good. If I can keep this up I will be so happy!!

Hoping everyone else is having a good evening and we'll chat tomorrow. Good night!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUDDDDDDYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the input on the injury.....need all the encouragement I can get, I am so motivated to work out and now.........I cant do it the way I want to....darn it! So since honey is off work tomorrow thinkin about makin him do pilates with me....who knows, maybe I will get a double workout......oops....I just typed that ha????????:blushing:

GOOOOOOOOOOO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • n2dfire
    n2dfire Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    im pretty sure its not my wife lol yup do beleive im gonna do yoga again today! about high protein diets when i was in the marines i weighed 212 and solid muscle cut the whole nine yards now when i lifted all the time i used to eat protein out the wazoo avacdos straight out the skin tuna 4 or 5 times a day straight out the can protein shakes it all i love them the only downside is that most proteins also have alot of fat some are good some are bad you just have to know but they also help build muscle but while building muscle is good it also weighs more than fat which when u r tryin to lose weight building a whole lot of muscle may not be a huge plus because it will throw off the scale in your mind because u will get heavier im no expert and dont know for sure if this correct but its what ive come to think
  • smendek910
    Options
    My initial weight is 190:sad:
    Goal weight of 145 by June 1st:tongue:
  • peachykate
    peachykate Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is 150
    My goal weight is 135 by June 1st.
  • briakiss
    Options
    awesome chart! and did i ever mention green is my second fave color...only after pic of course..hehe:tongue:
    Im Irish so i gotta love some green!
    GO GREEN:wink:
  • velvetwing
    Options
    Hey.... Me too!!
    GO IRISH :drinker:
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    I'm Irish too!!

Go Green!
  • briakiss
    Options
    awesome chart! and did i ever mention green is my second fave color...only after pic of course..hehe:tongue:
    Im Irish so i gotta love some green!
    GO GREEN:wink:
    LOL I meant pink...not pic...:grumble:
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    Welcome new greenies:smile:

I'm Irish, too. And English, Spanish, Danish, Swedish ... I've been told I have all the ish's in my blood line, I just call myself a mutt:bigsmile:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I can put away some booze when in the mood like an Irishman who likes to - lol drink!:happy: :drinker: :smokin:
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    iS NOT IRISH, MARRYIN AN IRISH MAN AND MY EYES ARE GREENY GREEN!

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS TEAM ROCKS, I LOVE HOW WE ARE ALL CHIMING IN THROUGHOUT THE DAY! SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT.

I am not working out today again :( gonna give the tendon 1 more day, but we are goin grocery shopping and I have a cleaning project tonight ....widows, shower door, mopping.....so I will burn a few cals...may even do some pilates later....

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    Hey TGIF!!

n2dfire, can't beat that....a workout that you ENJOY!! have fun with that! lol

sassiebritches, take care of that injury. yes, housecleaning will burn caloires, lots of moving around. everything counts!

about all that Irishness, not sure about my heritage (adopted), but my bday is 3/17, my first name is Kelly and me's maiden name was Burke. it SURE is fun to celebrate!! :drinker:

i too go over my protein every day....getting to the point where i feel like i am going to turn into a rabbit...? does anyone have an example of a day's meal plan and what protein foods you are eating/quantity.

was in 3 diff buses today (broke down), not too fun in 15* temps/with k-12 on. went 'power' grocery shoppin, so that helped with tension. didn't get any exercise in, but it's DH bday, and well, you know.....

tomorrow i'm driving hs wrestling meet, likely gone 12/13 hrs. will have bleacher butt by the end of the day.

well, have a good weekend Green. focus on taking care of YOU, be very mindful of all that you consume and be sure to MOVE.

5 more days and we can get the d--- scale out ! YEEEHAWWW!
  • n2dfire
    Options
    Hey TGIF!!

n2dfire, can't beat that....a workout that you ENJOY!! have fun with that! lol

sassiebritches, take care of that injury. yes, housecleaning will burn caloires, lots of moving around. everything counts!

about all that Irishness, not sure about my heritage (adopted), but my bday is 3/17, my first name is Kelly and me's maiden name was Burke. it SURE is fun to celebrate!! :drinker:

i too go over my protein every day....getting to the point where i feel like i am going to turn into a rabbit...? does anyone have an example of a day's meal plan and what protein foods you are eating/quantity.

was in 3 diff buses today (broke down), not too fun in 15* temps/with k-12 on. went 'power' grocery shoppin, so that helped with tension. didn't get any exercise in, but it's DH bday, and well, you know.....

tomorrow i'm driving hs wrestling meet, likely gone 12/13 hrs. will have bleacher butt by the end of the day.

well, have a good weekend Green. focus on taking care of YOU, be very mindful of all that you consume and be sure to MOVE.

5 more days and we can get the d--- scale out ! YEEEHAWWW!

usually my days meals look like this
    breakfast.....reagular oatmeal with 3 packs of splenda and a banana or some turkey breakfast sausage on low fat buscuits or turkey bacon(3 slices) and egg beaters with a peice of whole grain bread or 2 to 4 eggo nutrigrain waffles blueberry great tasting right out of the toaster no butter no syrup but they are verrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy good plain and a cup of hot green tea w/ 1 pack of splenda

snack 1..... some kind of fruit or and avacado plain with some kind of seasoning

lunch...... salad with shrimp or imitation crab with a no calorie balsamic vinegrette

snack2..... a speacial k bar cinnimon pecan they are great tasting

dinner......some kind of fish steamed with brown rice and steamed eggplant asparagus and spinich or spaghetti w/ ground turkey and whole grain pasta

snack3.....a fiberone bar keeps me regular lol:tongue: no but its filling sweet and just like having dessert
  • n2dfire
    Options
    where is everyone
  • briakiss
    Options
    im here off and on today....im sick so don't feel real good.:grumble:
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    I AM HERE.......LOGGED IN ALLDAY........I AM FEELING WAY BETTER TODAY. HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT AND MY TENDON IS FEELING GREAT......JUST DID MY 20 MINS OF DANCIN IN THE LIVINGROOM AND HAVE 6 GLASSES OF WATER IN ME.....FEELING SO ABSOLUTELY MOTIVATED!

I AM 1 DAY CLOSER TO MY GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FIT, HEALTHY, SEXY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEE HAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • n2dfire
    Options
    THATS GOOD KEEP UP THE MOTO