Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    jenfunfur wrote: »
    Hi there i've just become a mum for the 2nd time, i've got about 35lb to lose but more importantly I need to regain my pre pregnancy fitness levels. I know I can do the food side of this but any one got ideas how to fit in the exercise with a newborn & 4 year old? Please add me I can be a great cheerleader

When mine were younger, I had them right there in the room with me. I have worked out from home for the past 3 years now. My son was about 4 at the time I got serious. He would play in the corner while I execised and sometimes would try to do the moves with me. If I could incorporate him in the workout, like using him as a 20lb weight, I would do that. Kept him engaged, and made it fun for both of us.

As far as finding the time, what I tell people that join my groups is to pick a time of the day that you have about 25-30 minutes free, and schedule that time on your calendar on your phone or wall calendar as an appotintment for you to work out, and stick to to as if it were just as important as any other appointment you might have, like for the doctor, etc. Before you know it it will become habit and you will actually feel bad and sad when you miss an appointment.
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Thanks for the advice i'm really gonna take it on board & make that 30 minutes of exercise a priority. I was really good when my son was a baby just finding it more difficult this time round. It'll be easier come September when the oldest starts school, until then I guess even the daily walks/bike ride to the park & back is better than nothing
  • MikePXstream
    edited August 2016
    jenfunfur wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice i'm really gonna take it on board & make that 30 minutes of exercise a priority. I was really good when my son was a baby just finding it more difficult this time round. It'll be easier come September when the oldest starts school, until then I guess even the daily walks/bike ride to the park & back is better than nothing

Absolutely. Any activity is better than none. My son and I were throwing some weights around last night. I had to slow him down though. Didn't want him to hurt himself. lol
  • MikePXstream
    Excuses!

Shoot, we all have them. Even I have them. The problem is, identifying then and doing something about it.
    A little tough love for some of you, but truth be told, this may be more for me. If this offends you, I'm sorry.
    Do you know how many times each day I'm told that people just can't find the time to workout... yet after I examine their schedule, they can EASILY fit in 30 minutes a day to workout? Several times a day in fact.

TIME is not your problem. Prioritization is.

Think about this:
    What if you took ALL the time you spend watching TV, playing video games, screwing around on the computer, and mindless socializing ...... and added that up.
    How many hours would that come out to be?

And what if, instead, you used that time to work on your relationships, spend more time with your family, focus on your health, learn by reading good books, listening to good podcasts, working on creating your own business, or spending it on your career?

What would your life look like a year from now?
    I'm guessing it would be a lot better!

But instead, you give excuses as to why you can't. And you know what? That gives OTHER PEOPLE the power over your life. Don't do that.

But hey, that's your choice and I'm totally fine with that. Just don't keep saying that you want to change, and then don't take any actions to do so. Understand that if you are tired of being where you are at, then something has to change.

Now, what if this IS you, and you want to change?

Have you truly decided you ARE willing to do what it takes to change?

If so, follow these rules to use your time effectively:
    (1) Figure out your top 4-5 priorities in your life.
    (2) Evaluate your schedule and make sure your priorities and actions match.
    (3) Save this post, because you're going to need to look at it a few more times before it gets ANY easier.
    And if you'd like someone to help you through that process, like this post, comment below, and I would be more than happy to help you.

b9i3is6m9zft.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Folks, do you know what today is? Is THIRSTY THURSDAY! But what does that mean?

Today I want you to focus on hydrating. The body is mostly water. It's vital for your body to function properly.

So how much water should you drink? Some say 8 - 8oz glasses a day. Some say 2 liters. For some that is great, but we are all DIFFERENT!

So how much is right for YOU? Try this out. You should drink half your weight, in OUNCES. For example, if you were to way 140lbs, then you would drink 70 oz. Too easy right.

Now you're probably saying, that's a lot. But not really. The average water bottle you tote around is around 20-24oz. So that's only 3.5 bottles for the entire day. One in the morning, one mid day, and one in the evening. Then the rest throughout the day.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Hello. I need some new active friends. I have a 9 month old and I need to start being accountable and get this baby weight off!
  • MikePXstream
    You know what is flipping awesome? When one of your coworkers comes up to you and says "Hey, guess what. With following your advice, participating in your fitness and nutrition accountability group, walking and exercising more, and trying Shakeology, I have lost 8 lbs in the past week."
    1 week! Imagine that! Imagine what can happen if you stay the course for a month? 3 months? A year!!! That is so awesome. That totally made my day. And today has been a pain. This is why I love coaching! This is why I am putting myself through a CPT course. This is why I spend hours a week motivating and inspiring others, to test their limits, to understand how important they are, not only to themselves, but to those around them. This is why I workout 5-6 days a week, and do my best to eat right. Am I perfect? Ah hell no. But I know, the more consistent I am, the better my results will be.
    Thank you for making my day, and bringing a smile to my face! That in itself, was worth it!

kpqcyny1855e.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    How are you all doing this week?
  • weightliftingbarbie
    weightliftingbarbie Posts: 156 Member
    I'm a mum to 2 teen step children and a 4 month baby boy. Feel free to add me :)
  • MikePXstream
    I had a great workout this morning. I upped my weights by 5 lbs for the first round, but had to back it off by the third. I was tapped out. Still, I feel great! Happy Friday everyone. What did you do today?
  • MikePXstream
    Hey everyone, sorry I have been not as chatty for a while. I have been in a little bit of a funk, and trying to get myself back on track. Exercises have been ok, nutrition...eh...so so. And of course, when one starts to slip, all slowly follows suit. So , here's to a new month, new perspective, and hitting those goals.

How are you all doing?
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Funny. I was thinking the other day I had not seen this thread in awhile. I need to mark it. I have been stuck on the same pound up and down for 4 weeks. The thing is, it's my fault. I'm getting frustrated with myself. I've missed two weeks of working out b/c of scheduling issues and I'm eating at maintenance. :-( Which I suppose is better then gaining, but......Fall is coming and I am joining the local gym b/c for me to lose I HAVE to lift weights. I followed Bill Phillips Body for Life lifting plan after my kids and I always lost baby weight really well. So, I'm going back to what works for me. At least for the winter. I prefer exercising outdoors but too cold here during the winter. So, I'm with you. Hoping to get back on track this week. Little ones I've been babysitting for a few days go home today and Friday I get to start my workouts again. Really hoping to finally lost the last 4#'s so I can hit my 20# mark. I've already got my reward lined up for when I hit 20#'s lost (redoing kid's bathroom).
  • MikePXstream
    Getting caught up on American Ninja Warrior episodes and I just watched one of my favorite ninjas Jessie Graff make ANW history. It got me thinking too.

Many times I have heard women say they don't want to lift heavy weights because they don't want to get all big and bulky life the She Hulk . Truth be told, it's not going to happen. Yes, there are women out there that want to, and that's ok. But if you are wanting to become strong and fit, you can still remain lean.

Jessie, at only 5'8", which is tall for most women, is a lean power house. I can honestly say, she is stronger than me by a long shot. Dont be afraid to lift heavier weights.

Check out this video of her being the first woman to finish stage 1 of the American Ninja Warrior finals obstacle course. Truly inspirational for all athletes.

https://youtu.be/Weg-cnecgH4
  • MikePXstream
    Good afternoon all. I got a good 4.25 mile run in this morning, spent the past 30 minutes prepping my dinners for the rest of the week, and feel great. For my run, I didn't go out to fast this time so I could just keep a nice easy steady pace. Plus, I haven't ran 4 miles or more in a while. I'm just so happy to be able to go past 3 miles without hurting anymore. I really wish I would have gone to the physical therapist sooner. Lesson learned.

How are you doing this week?

9hueien9h236.png
  • carmaxgurl35
    carmaxgurl35 Posts: 16 Member
    Single Mother here of a 15 &11 year old. Had hernia (umbilical) surgery 3 years ago. I'm just starting to feel comfortable and safe, with lifting weights and being in the gym scene. I'm ready to work off this scar tissue and tummy weight. Working on HIIT training and eating healthier. Motivation is always welcomed here!
  • MikePXstream
    How was everyone's weekend? We knocked out the Be Great 5k, sponsored by the local boys & girls club, then relaxed the rest of the weekend.
  • badchinesemajor
    badchinesemajor Posts: 33 Member
    Dang, Mike, you've kept with this thread for a while now. You're like a hero!
  • MikePXstream
    I'm trying! Hoping to do my part to inspire and support as many as I can!
  • MikePXstream
    My dinners prepped for the week. When I actually do this, and plan out my snacks as well, I have much better weeks. I grab less food from the vending machines at work, have more energy for my workouts the next day, regulate my blood sugar levels better, and know I am fueling my body properly. I will admit, there is not much variety this way, but sometimes, sacrifices have to be made.

jrv5vubepf6m.jpg
  • KourageousKarina
    KourageousKarina Posts: 979 Member
    I have a 5 year old boy!! Mommy here.
This discussion has been closed.