Eating Clean

Options

Replies

• Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Mr_Ryder wrote: »
    Brown rice, whole wheat bread etc are just as dirty as white rice and white bread.

White rice is dirty? First time I'm hearing that. I think the correct term should be "food I don't feel fat eating". For the record white potatoes will forever be tastier than sweet potatoes (for me). Sweet potatoes are literally too sweet for me to enjoy.

No I wasn't implying that. Just picking apart that poster's statement. Notuch difference between white and brown rice and potatoes and sweet potatoes.

Yeah, I know what you meant. My sarcasm can be skewed in written form. They should add voice notes to this bad boy. Now that'll be fun.
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My idea of "eating clean" per se is eating whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins that include lean cuts of chicken breast and so on. But if I dared say that's what clean eating is to a vegan or someone who's gluten free, they'd laugh me out of the room because their idea would be way different from that. So I really don't believe in the term "clean eating". I just call it taking steps to better my nutrition because I want to have good health as well as lose weight.
  • HUNIBUN2022
    HUNIBUN2022 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to start a fight I was just wondering because my doctor said to eat clean and was trying to see if anyone else does for ideas. Again sorry.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to start a fight I was just wondering because my doctor said to eat clean and was trying to see if anyone else does for ideas. Again sorry.

No worries - I don't eat clean but I find Tosca Reno's books and website very informative on the subject. I like the idea but I don't have the time to follow it now and I like "non-clean" food too much! LOL! Check out her stuff though - she's got cookbooks too..
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Too many strong opinions here, I suggest researching the internet and coming to your own conclusions. Or...you can ask your doc, just what did he mean? Put the ball in his park.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

If that's all s/he said about it maybe you could ask him to be more specific. :smiley:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    I just ate half a loaf of Italian (white) bread with peanut butter. Unsalted Adams peanut butter - to offset the naughtiness of the white bread.

I blame zxygst. (or however you spell her name.) She mentioned white bread a couple days ago. Someone else mentioned PB. I naturally put the two together, and TaDa! 800 calories in an hour. Awesome. :neutral:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    :lol:@zyxst posted in this thread and I still couldn't spell it rite. I ate enough white bread for you, too!

I'm sick and home in bed. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    kenyainez wrote: »
    My idea of "eating clean" per se is eating whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins that include lean cuts of chicken breast and so on. But if I dared say that's what clean eating is to a vegan or someone who's gluten free, they'd laugh me out of the room because their idea would be way different from that. So I really don't believe in the term "clean eating". I just call it taking steps to better my nutrition because I want to have good health as well as lose weight.

I'm gluten free...and not laughing
    I consider "clean eating" avoiding processed foods with perservatives and other addidtives I cant pronounce on the label.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options

Did your doctor define what is meant by clean? Without doing so, that direction is rather unhelpful. I say that because I know clean eaters who would strongly disagree that the other person is eating clean because the definition of clean is so, well, undefined.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Did your doctor define what is meant by clean? Without doing so, that direction is rather unhelpful. I say that because I know clean eaters who would strongly disagree that the other person is eating clean because the definition of clean is so, well, undefined.

If it's a typical US doctor, I would guess he/she would say as to clean eating, limit regular soda, chips, cookies, cakes, candy, etc. Not too many doctors I'm familiar with would argue sweet potato vs white potato in the clean food discussion.

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    This is where someone argues that clean eating without a calorie deficit will still cause you to lose weight. Then someone else talks about washing their food. And we spend pages arguing the definition. And then someone else tells everyone to avoid eating any white foods. And another guy says that he eats everything. And I post pics of donuts. And another dude tells people they need more self discipline. Are we done yet?

Stay at a calorie deficit. Eat nutrient dense food. And, put down the damned donuts unless you really have room and your diet is dialed in. Oh, and shut off the lights when you're finished going back and forth for 30 pages.

You missed the part where someone says that people who say they don't eat clean have a steady diet of pizza and Twinkies.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    This is where someone argues that clean eating without a calorie deficit will still cause you to lose weight. Then someone else talks about washing their food. And we spend pages arguing the definition. And then someone else tells everyone to avoid eating any white foods. And another guy says that he eats everything. And I post pics of donuts. And another dude tells people they need more self discipline. Are we done yet?

Stay at a calorie deficit. Eat nutrient dense food. And, put down the damned donuts unless you really have room and your diet is dialed in. Oh, and shut off the lights when you're finished going back and forth for 30 pages.

You missed the part where someone says that people who say they don't eat clean have a steady diet of pizza and Twinkies.

That would be me but beer instead of Twinkies.