Options
    :heart:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. The pictures of the twins is adorable. I bet they are fun. I have twin grands (preemies) who are almost 14 now. They are a blessing.
    Karla -my DGD is taking riding lessons. I never thought about insurance issues.
    Lin -frost already? Our temp is 95 today. Crazy.
    My week of eating crazy has turned into almost two. Need to get my head on straight.
    SueBDew in TX
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    well have miss munchkin ,and I am worn out already lol, right now her and grandpa are watching Spongebob... Tom not feeling well, thinks he is coming down with a cold or something..
    Will take Taliah over to Pumpkin Town tomorrow, it is the next town over and fun for kids, non scary and bounce house and all.. she will enjoy it, dont know if Grandpa will be up for it.. but since I dont get her alot, will do something fun, out of doors and something that isn't done often
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    KarenE – DH weighs himself every day; I do NOT step on our scales, I don’t think they are accurate; mainly because I never weigh the same of them … EVER! I can step on them; get off, and step back on them and it might be 3-5lbs off.

Joyce – I agree with you that you could spend a lot of time in Bass Pro Shop; without all the clothing, knick-knacks, and the waterfall, I would say that our walls in our den/dining room, look like they belong there. I’d like to build a waterfall outside near out fire pit. But, with the time DH is taking with finishing the porch; we might get it built in 2019 or 2020. LOL! Or never!

Spikeyhair – Being so close to my goal; I am self-conscious about being in a bathing suit; mainly because my thighs are all that ‘toned’. Right at the moment, I have not felt like exercising a whole lot. But, I will get there sooner or later.

I think the twins are cute, too. Will be a lot of work; but, fun … no matter how you look at it. And, they will be able to entertain one another at times. Just bad, if they cry or get sick at the same time ... or back-to-back like my sons seemed to do. Glad that y'all were able to go see them.

Lenora
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :)Heather, I am not a city person, either, but I've loved all my trips to New York City.

:)Joyce, it makes me smile to think of Charlie and his headphones enjoying Pandora...he's had a rough time with his surgery and illnesses and recovery that it's such a great thing that he found something that makes him happy.

:)Kate in UK, I've played darts but never saw it on TV...I hope you can find a way to enjoy wearing a swimsuit and not think about how your butt looks...just think about how great you look everywhere else.

:)<3Pip and Kirby, thank you for the good advice..coming from the two of you, it is especially meaningful

:) I got a few more things crossed off my "to do" list today including planting the iris bulbs that we dug up from elsewhere in the yard. I have had high hopes of planting dozens of bulbs of various sorts this fall, but the bulbs I wanted haven't come into the store yet, so I guess that next year will have to be my year of the bulbs.

<3 Barbie from beautiful overcast NW Washington

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Thanks Heather. I think I can picture that now. I think I have seen Prince William 'playing' some cricket. I guess it was maybe a photo op while he was some where.

Barbie, yes I do enjoy seeing Charlie finally at peace with some things.

Speaking of Charlie, last year he was wanting a new denim jacket to replace the heavy quilted one Christina bought him one year. He is very cold when we go out and eat. The temp can be normal and he is freezing. So this is a jacket he wears indoors. So I found this lined denim shirt at Walmart and he loved it, kept him real warm. But when he washed it for the first time, the edge on the bottom rolled up. Well he has gained about 15 pounds since last winter and can't wear it. But I can and it feels nice and warm. I don't get as cold as he does but I also wear a light jacket when we are out to eat. But I don't like that curled up bottom of the jacket. When I wash my jeans I turn them inside out and they never curl. I need some help!!!!

Joyce, Indiana
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did a hour of Kelley Coffee Meyer's 30 Minutes to fitness DVD. Actually, there are two workouts plus a bonus ab section. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Crunch Fat Blaster DVD. This is one Vince made from a VHS tape so I'll see how it came out. If not, then I'll do some training games on the Wii

Went to the farmer's market. It's winding down so not very much. Then went to Aldi (I found out they usually open 10 minutes early). Then to ACMoore looking for a lightweight skull, but they didn't have any. Then to Hamricks to return these shoes I had and I bought a bit of candy for the Halloween part since it was on sale 50% off plus I had a coupon for an extra 20% off, then to Bed, Bath and Beyond to return the spiralizer I got that I really didn't want (why I bought it, I don't know) but ordered a pizza stone for Jess for Christmas. She'd mentioned that she would like one when we were at the shower in May.

Came home and made some baked ziti for Vince to have later in the week and for him to have as leftovers. Now have these banana chocolate chip muffins in the oven for him.

Tracey - good for you getting to see Elton John.

Heather - your bread makes me want to just reach into the computer and take a piece off.

Let me tell you, I wore a pair of pants to church tonight, they did fit really well. They fit well in the backside and the legs, but when I went to button them, you can see a "muffin top". This has been going on since I went thru menopause. The scale isn't going up more than a pound or two, so it's not weight related. My body is just changing and I HATE IT. I absolutely hate hate hate the muffin top and pooch belly. As you know, I exercise religiously and am careful about what I eat. OK, I admit that sometimes I do have some treats, especially if I'm baking. But lately I've even had less and less of them. But that "muffin top" seems to be getting bigger.

Brought in some more of the Halloween decorations. I found the shower curtain that I made. That was one of the things I was looking for. Also found the witch costume along with the hat, just can't find the broom. Well, I'm sure the other lady has a broom I can borrow. Just need some sort of coat rack.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Kay and Joyce, we have two Tanger outlet malls here and I don’t find any of the stores have what we used to call “outlet prices”. Ahhh, the good ole days.

BarbBee, how long was that cat with you before you took it to the shelter? Did you call to see if they could tell you who adopted it because they might be looking for it.

Kim, happy that business is good but sorry it’s wearing you out. Doesn’t it seem like it’s either feast or famine? Just make sure to plan something special for yourself to enjoy some of the money you are making, so it will all be worth it. money-pile-smiley-emoticon.gif

Tracey, so glad you enjoyed the concert. Sorry about the traffic but happy to hear you made it home safely.

KateUK, years ago we had a cat and when we would have her boarded she would come home with the loudest, most awful meow that I would have welcomed the “silent treatment” from her. That is funny.

Allie, I can’t believe that any insurance won’t cover at least some of the cost of your kidney doctor. Of course you need to stay under the doctor’s care. Does Tom just get mad without thinking?

Heather, OMG, I can smell that bread!!!!!

KJ, you are so right about how men’s brain works. My DH has gotten to where he asks a million question when we are watching a show on TV. Like I know who a character is when the movie has just started!!? He never used to do that and it’s getting bad. I know he can hear it but don’t think he pays attention. It’s just getting very distracting: “What did she say?”, “Who is that?”, “Where are they?”, “Is that the mother?”, “Did he say he went to Washington?”…when he didn’t mention Washington or going anywhere!!! Ya gotta love em. eating-popcorn-smiley-emoticon.gif

Mary, the twins are just precious!!!

Katla, so sorry your DH is upset with you. Does he not want you to go help your DD?? I googled swimsuits with legs also and they are way too fitted for me. I’ll take the short legs and less fitted bodice, than you.

KarenE, when the scale goes up a pound or two after a 4 pound loss, surely you can say to yourself that it was expected. Don’t sweat the gains but celebrate the losses. Congrats!!!

KateUK, we are all vain!!! Just be proud of the missing fat. Have a great holiday.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I got my lazy butt out and went to the gym this morning. I had a great workout. I know none of it will help this loose skin but I keep hoping. I can feel my arm and leg muscles getting stronger. I’ll just keep plugging along. I am tired now so going to bed a bit early.weight-machine-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day!
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Didn't realize how much the anti-inflammatories were helping me until I haven't been able to have them for the past week. None allowed for 10 days before the surgery. Ouch is all I can say.

Marcelyn in Houston
    surgery on Monday
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Didn't realize how much the anti-inflammatories were helping me until I haven't been able to have them for the past week. None allowed for 10 days before the surgery. Ouch is all I can say.

Marcelyn in Houston
    surgery on Monday

<3 I'm having the same experience with my legs as I await my surgery on Wednesday. I wasn't sure I was going to make it through teaching my two hour line dance class on Friday without the ibuprofen.....best wishes on your surgery....let us know how you're doing as you recover.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    Options