Scariest Movie Ever

Options
Karb_Kween
Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
Sometimes there's a movie you just can't touch for fun

Given the upcoming Holiday

What movie scary or otherwise truly unsettles you that it's like really scary?

Mine is Pet Semetary .. really *kitten* creeps me out

Replies

• LiftingLisa
    LiftingLisa Posts: 12,345 Member
    Options
    Ooo...Pet cemetary is a good one. Some roads make me think of that scene when the boy go hit.

I can't watch Candy Man. Seen bits and pieces, but can't watch the whole thing. Creeps me out.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I'm a tough cookie when it comes to horrors, always looking for a new film to scare the girlfriend with though so - I'll be reading through these!!

Not so much 'scary' but, weirded me out a bit - The Others

Creepy film but it's one of my Halloween favourites!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I am still haunted by things that happened in the movie Memento. Not scary like a horror movie. But, you learn things as you go that add emotions to the story. I don't usually watch scary movies, though.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    For some reason I can't watch The Blair Witch Project. I know it's fake, but it really scares me. My favorite is The Exorcist!
  • amcalmond768
    amcalmond768 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    The exorcist .. The omen.. Those creep me out big time!
  • rubenesqueramengirl
    Options
    Stephen King's "The Howling" --- saw it as a 9 year old. The special effects of the shape shifting (sounds like bones breaking - seemed like it was super painful) gave me nightmares for years. Recently rewatched it and while not scared per se still creeped out by the special effects.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    For some reason I can't watch The Blair Witch Project. I know it's fake, but it really scares me. My favorite is The Exorcist!

@GreenGoddess22
    There is a Blair Witch sequel coming SOON!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    The Shining!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Alien and Jaws
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options

I read a book many years ago about the real story of the exorcist, I think it was called The Devil in St. Louis or something similar. It was pretty interesting.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I loooove scary movies!! I really like the psychological horrors like Shutter Island. But one I had trouble sleeping after was "Mama".

The Conjuring 2 was also quite disturbing

I also love scary movies. As a kid everything scared me...ghosts, aliens, I couldn't sleep. They don't scare me anymore. I will get startled at the jump scares but once the movie is over it doesn't bother me. As long as it's not ET.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

This used to scare the *kitten* outta me when I was tot haha

love this movie today though
  • amcalmond768
    amcalmond768 Posts: 289 Member
    Options

I read a book many years ago about the real story of the exorcist, I think it was called The Devil in St. Louis or something similar. It was pretty interesting.

I have to look that up!
  • Fit4LifeGal79
    Fit4LifeGal79 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Poltergeist and Children of the Corn. Little kids and scary movies creep me out.
  • N1keS0cc8rRunne7
    N1keS0cc8rRunne7 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

blair witch is the only movie that really scared me....especially when their friend goes missing and they can hear him screaming for help late at night! that whole standing towards the wall while she kills another person first was really creepy too