married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• lena2591
    lena2591 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Happily married - second times a charm. Mom of 4 from my first husband. Pleasure to meet everyone
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    It's Fridayyyyyyyyy!
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    I know, finally Friday. Man, that took like a week :wink:
  • CarbonIS
    CarbonIS Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I need more fridays in my life. Especially ones where my boss is off so I'm not being hounded all day.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Married MFP'er here. Married 28 years, 1 grown son. I've been reading through this whole thread and I missed a bunch of good topics! I have to comment on one of them because I feel like such a weirdo.

Vacations and who plans them. My husband and I have never went on a major vacation with just the two of us. We have always went with groups so neither one of us have planned any vacation we've been on. We go on a week-long camping trip every year with about 40-50 people, we go on a week-long snowboarding trip every year with 10-12 people, we've been on group cruises and group vacations to Hawaii. I find this odd but every time we talk about doing a "just us" vacation some group thing comes up and we want to do that. In Feb, we're going on a group trip to Fiji. Maybe we're just lazy and don't want to do our own planning!

Happy Friday!
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Green Bay is something you're born with. :D In my family, if you didn't have at least ONE cheesehead and a slew of memorabilia, you were wrong.

You also were required to drink PBR and/or Miller. But that's just a Wisconsin thing. Dont'cha know. ;)

At the rehearsal dinner for our wedding my dad turned to my husband and said "congrats on becoming a Packers fan!" My husband hasn't cared about sports since he stopped playing baseball but he married into a Green Bay family :tongue:
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    Married MFP'er here. Married 28 years, 1 grown son. I've been reading through this whole thread and I missed a bunch of good topics! I have to comment on one of them because I feel like such a weirdo.

Vacations and who plans them. My husband and I have never went on a major vacation with just the two of us. We have always went with groups so neither one of us have planned any vacation we've been on. We go on a week-long camping trip every year with about 40-50 people, we go on a week-long snowboarding trip every year with 10-12 people, we've been on group cruises and group vacations to Hawaii. I find this odd but every time we talk about doing a "just us" vacation some group thing comes up and we want to do that. In Feb, we're going on a group trip to Fiji. Maybe we're just lazy and don't want to do our own planning!

Happy Friday!

I'm the planner for our trips since (just how we are), I'm usually the one that knows everything going on as far as appointments, school days, etc. We both have full-time demanding careers so we do weekend or 3-day weekend getaways. I'm in Raleigh, NC so we can be to the mountains in 3 hours and the beach in 2. I've been making a point to do more mini-vacations so we don't get bored and complacent with our "school, work, housework, wash, rinse, repeat" life. We usually take one week-long trip a year to Wisconsin to visit our parents. I can't wait for the kids to get a little older so we can afford and do REAL vacations. I'd love to do a cruise.
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    Been married for 18 days ;)

Congratulations. ..and welcome to married life.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Congrats!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options

As they used to say in Vietnam.... Welcome to The Suck
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options

Congratulations. ..and welcome to married life.

Congrats!

• Raptorbh12
    Raptorbh12 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    How old were you guys when you got married?
    I'm 30 now, been married for 7 years.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Raptorbh12 wrote: »
    How old were you guys when you got married?
    I'm 30 now, been married for 7 years.

I was 22. That was 16 years ago.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,504 Member
    Options
    We were both 24, that was 39 years ago. Just welcomed the 1st grandchild into the world.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    How many are "Married with Children"?
    (And grandchildren?)

That was the norm back when we were married (1969). No longer true.

We have three sons, two grandsons and FINALLY a granddaughter LoL.

Eldest son (47) married with 3 kids.
    Middle son married last year at age 41, after living together for eight years so no kids.
    Youngest son (32) bought Condo with GF, living together, no kids.

• BinaryPulsar
    Options
    We have 2 girls: 12 & 9.
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Is anyone child free?