Scariest Movie Ever

Replies

• N1keS0cc8rRunne7
    N1keS0cc8rRunne7 Posts: 43 Member

original omen- nanny suicide scene at his bday party....super creepy!!
    The exorcist .. The omen.. Those creep me out big time!

• AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    I always remember getting freaked out by Dracula as a kid!
    Now, it's one of my Halloween cheesy favourites!
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    The Boogeyman (1980)
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,230 Member
    i get freaked out by realistic, disturbing movies that can be interpreted as 'horror' like Elephant (it's about a high school shooting); Frozen (not the cartoon haha) and Open Water

I just saw Open Water on cable yesterday. So glad I hung in there to THE END!! Wow

A scene in Pulp Fiction had my heart literally racing first time I saw it. When Butch (Bruce Willis) escapes but then stops to select his weapon of choice before going back to the basement to help Marsellus Wallace (Ving Rjames)
    OMG the tension in that sequence was intense.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    A Serbian film
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Oh yeah... Poltergeist! Everyone always used to tell me I looked like the little girl from Poltergeist when I was a kid (my hair was platinum blond then).
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    MsRuffBuffNStuff Posts: 363 Member
    Blair Witch and The Ring really messed me up for a while... I couldn't look at circles or trees for a while and heaven forbid a fly land near me! lol
  • Coffeebeenz
    Coffeebeenz Posts: 95 Member
    Depends on what gets under your skin. The thought of home invasion freaks me out, so movies like Funny Games and Them are pretty terrifying to me (the Strangers, a bit less so). Borderland was cult-type scary. House of the Devil had isolation creepiness. Wolf Creek was a good far-from-home scare. Calvaire, Audition, and the Poughkeepsie Tapes were painful in that feeling-of-dread kind of way. The Babadook grew pretty creepy. That Spanish one with the creeptastic hotel worker who slept under one woman's bed at night (can't remember the name) was creepy. The Tunnel and The Descent were good underground scares. And I held my breath through most of Frozen (not the Disney one!!), so that was unsettling, but maybe not typically "scary." So many good ones. Buttttt... The Shining is still my ultimate scare.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    The Conjouring made me scream like a little girl in the theater. I haven't seen the 2nd one yet.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Sixth Sense was a game changer too.
  • Coffeebeenz
    i get freaked out by realistic, disturbing movies that can be interpreted as 'horror' like Elephant (it's about a high school shooting); Frozen (not the cartoon haha) and Open Water

Frozen and Open Water are 2 of my favorites (I might like The Reef better than that one though)! I hardly know anyone else who has even heard of Frozen! Two other movies in your genre of choice are Frailty & A Horrible Way to Die. Ya seen those? More psychological thriller-ish, but both are goodies..
  • Coffeebeenz
    Poltergeist and Children of the Corn. Little kids and scary movies creep me out.

Home Movie was a pretty good movie in the spirit of creepy children. It's found footage though & some people don't like that genre (I like it fine; I think there are plenty of gems amongst the mass of duds). There's a great line in that movie--"dead things go in garbage bags"--& it's some pretty creepy foreshadowing. But yeah.... glad those kids aren't in my class, lol.
  • Coffeebeenz

Bram Stoker's Dracula?? D'awww... that's a love story! <3
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Insidious is one that truly deep down creeped me out.

Not many have ever actually scared me. I loved horror movies as a kid. Would constantly rent and watch the classics like the Halloween movies, nightmare on elm street etc :D
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member

Bram Stoker's Dracula?? D'awww... that's a love story! <3

This is true!!!
    Not as a kid it wasn't though haha!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    I saw one that was really gross. I didn't like it. It was Seven. :scream:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited September 2016
    There's nothing I won't watch. >:)

ETA: The Human Centipede was gross and disturbing, though. When I was younger, Thirteen Ghosts scared me.
    5sxt41gnt7o0.jpg

pq2dbq6m03a3.jpg
  • BinaryPulsar
    I regret ever googling human centipede.