Virtual Walk Across Texas

Options

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I did 9 miles this week. How'd everyone else do?
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I traveled some of the week so missed a few workouts: 14.1 miles, for a total of 51.8 miles. It's too bad I wasn't wearing a pedometer so I could log all the miles I walked in airports - that would have been much more impressive, I'm sure :tongue:
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I traveled some of the week so missed a few workouts: 14.1 miles, for a total of 51.8 miles. It's too bad I wasn't wearing a pedometer so I could log all the miles I walked in airports - that would have been much more impressive, I'm sure :tongue:
    It's impressive either way. I bought a pedometer with the intention of logging all the miles I walk around stores, but it's inaccurate by a mile (sometimes more!) so I don't even bother anymore.
  • VELVET2688
    VELVET2688 Posts: 40
    Options
    my dentist has me on 2 weeks of Penicillian,and codine and sent me to a root canal specialest..their all still trying to figure out whats going on...its kicking my behind!! but its a good diet program. hurts too much to eat, don't want to eat.
    I should be skinny any day now....LOL
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    my dentist has me on 2 weeks of Penicillian,and codine and sent me to a root canal specialest..their all still trying to figure out whats going on...its kicking my behind!! but its a good diet program. hurts too much to eat, don't want to eat.
    I should be skinny any day now....LOL
    Dental induced diet plans are the best. When I got my wisdom teeth out, I lost 3 pounds. I wonder how much I'll start losing in 2 weeks when they put spacers in for my soon to come braces. Hipe they figure out what's wrong soon. It's gotta not be fun going through all of this.
  • beautybrainsbooty
    beautybrainsbooty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    this sounds super fun! 895 miles....wow thats GOTTA burn some fat! Im totally in ;)
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    this sounds super fun! 895 miles....wow thats GOTTA burn some fat! Im totally in ;)
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: We log our miles on Sunday. You can count walking, running, biking, swimming, anything you want as long as you know the miles for it.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all on their mileage!

Sorry I am late - I did 8 miles last week.

This is going to be a low week. Had my first appt yesterday and there are some concerns that this may not be a viable pregnancy so the dr said to take it easy.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Oh no! Yeah, stay off your feet and take care of that baby. That's the most important thing. Keeping my fingers crossed!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Yeah, stay off your feet and take care of that baby. That's the most important thing. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks!
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing much lately, my total for walking across Texas is only 20 miles. But starting Monday, July 11, I will begin my half marathon training, so hopefully I will be posting more milage to this thread.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Don't sweat it. When I first started this, I walked every evening that I didn't run. Not so much anymore. In fact, about 90% of my miles lately have been my c25k miles. I gotta start walking again. Good luck in your training!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I did 18 miles this week. Actually, 7.5 came from just today. :smile: Hope everyone else had a good week.
  • VELVET2688
    VELVET2688 Posts: 40
    Options
    checking in..my infection is gone after 2 weeks of heavy penicillian ,,,so I have walked a little yesterday and today. Next week will be better. I think some of your Texas heat has reached South Dakota..AUGH !!! I'm riding my stationary indoor bike this week, in air-conditioning.:glasses:
  • dixiepaige
    dixiepaige Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    what a cool idea! are we going to stop by different locations and everything, (virtually of course)? or, how does this work? :)
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    That's a cool idea. If I could figure out how to log my miles on an actual map (like on google), I'd be able to figure out where we all are and we could "sightsee". Since I can't figure out how to do that, though, we're just logging our miles for the week and when we hit (individually) 895 miles, we know we've made it.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    34.85 miles this week for a total of 86.65 miles.

BTW, fridayjustleft - the 895 miles is from what point to what point in TX? I like the idea of figuring out where we are on a map and may try to figure out how to do that and sightseeing along the way, but need to know what route we're taking :-)
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    34.85 miles this week for a total of 86.65 miles.

BTW, fridayjustleft - the 895 miles is from what point to what point in TX? I like the idea of figuring out where we are on a map and may try to figure out how to do that and sightseeing along the way, but need to know what route we're taking :-)
    Wow! Awesome job! We're going from the westernmost point to the easternmost. Of course, now I can't find the site that gave me the names of those cities. :grumble:
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My overall total is only 22 miles, beginning half marathon training today, so I'll start to slowly build up my weekly milage.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Awesome. Don't say "only 22 miles"! 22 miles is a lot more than some people ever do on purpose! lol