Scariest Movie Ever

Options

Replies

• cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    In high school my brother and I went to the movie theater (one screen - it was an overseas military base) and they were playing a movie called Event Horizon. Neither of us seen a preview for it and knew absolutely nothing about it going in. We finished it but boy that movie scarred both of us! It's been almost 20 years and it's still at the top of my (and his) can't rewatch list.
  • JayMportillo
    JayMportillo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Omg the hills have eyes. I saw that movie and was like wtf. That ish maaaaan made me stop watching scary movies hahaha effffff that ish lol
  • Coffeebeenz
    Coffeebeenz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Check out: Let The Right One In

One of the better horror movies that you'll ever see. Watch the original film from Sweden; the US remake blows.

Also, the book is better than the movie.

Ugh, love it. So dark and artsy...
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    The Exorcist! Hands down...best.movie.ever. The theme music is my ring tone B)

But I also thought Insidious was a creepy movie (that whole "Tip Toe through the Tulps" thing... ~shivers~". The Conjuring (the first one) was awesome...and also Paranormal Activity and The Blair Witch Project.

for 3rd runners up I'd like to add The Boy. It's about a creepy doll...and has a weird plot twist towards the end that makes you be like "WTF is going on?"

If you like zombie movies, 28 Weeks Later freaked me out!

...now I'm considering a horror movie marathon this week....
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Alien and Jaws

I want to watch this movie, "Alien and Jaws"
  • cee134
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Anyone ever seen The Haunting (1963)?
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The Entity is pretty scary. I generally think books are scarier than movies. Maybe someone should make a thread...
  • cee134
    Options
    I didn't like this movie as a kid.... (I don't think it's scary unless you are afraid of clowns)

Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    The movie that terrified me the most was John Carpenter's "The Thing". The special effects in that was the most realistic and horrifying that I'd ever seen at the time and the idea of some parasitic virus like organism devouring me was traumatic. I watched it when I was 12 and for weeks I was terrified that my family may have been eaten and replaced by this creature and they were just waiting for me to fall asleep at night so they could consume me.
  • Ffr57
    Ffr57 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    No one mentioned "Jeepers Creepers two". kids on a school bus with this creature that only comes around once every 27 years!
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    Screen-Shot-2016-07-12-at-9.40.44-AM.png

I would actually find this quite entertaining, not so much scary. Kind of like watching Bloopers and Practical Jokes, Trump on the other hand.....
  • linesmfp
    linesmfp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I remember being terrified by A.I artificial intelligence as a kid even though it's not really a horror movie. I haven't really been all that spooked by a horror movie the past couple of years, but I was pleasantly surprised by the conjuring 2, even if it was a bit over the top.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I used to be a big horror movie fan, not sure when that stopped and when they started scaring me too much to watch.

In high school, anything with Vincent Price.
    Alfred Hitchcock: The Birds and Psycho of course.

But The Exorcist - I didn't sleep for a week. I had read the book first, but that movie took it way beyond anything my imagination could come up with.

• born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Lotsa people talking about The Exorcist but I personally find Exorcist 3 much more frightening. There's a ton of weird little things going on and it's so moody. The part where the old lady is crawling on the ceiling like a fly...creepy AF. Kudos to Brad Dourif for his excellent performance in this movie too.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Alien and Jaws

I want to see Big Foot Vs Yeti vs Chewbacca Vs Predator vs Aliens vs Jaws

Predator wins this in a rout.

Alien comes in second.

Chewbacca has no chance, none.

..... I've thought about this all morning; it's that important.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Alien and Jaws

I want to see Big Foot Vs Yeti vs Chewbacca Vs Predator vs Aliens vs Jaws

Predator wins this in a rout.

Alien comes in second.

Chewbacca has no chance, none.

..... I've thought about this all morning; it's that important.

I suppose it is up for debate but I happen to agree with you....this time.

this time?

awesome.

I'll take what I can get; it's a foothold.