Lose 5 Pounds A Month July 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    Options
    Alright, I'm now officially headed in the wrong direction! Have to wonder if the weekends at the cottage are playing a role in this. Actually have been teetering between these two weights for awhile. Not discouraged, however, as I can only imagine what the scale would say if I were NOT exercising and watching what I eat :-)

Have a good week everyone!

Jul 1: 167.5
    Jul 4: 167
    Jul 11: 169.5
    Jul 18:
    Jul 25
    Jul 31:
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Thanks, Jenn! Congrats on your loss this week! 150's, here we come .... again! :laugh:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    This week TOM was in town and I actually gainned and went to 177 by Monday but by Friday I was back down....So I'm happy that I've managed to defeat the beast this time around....Now to blast some fat for the rest of the month

07/01 ~ 176 lbs
    07/08 ~ 175.5
    07/15 ~
    07/22 ~
    07/29 ~
    07/31 ~
  • mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This challenge is really helping me. i had gotten a lazy attitude. This month I've lost 3 lbs. in 2 weeks. Last month it was 4 lbs for the wholr month. You guys are making me eat more broccoli. Thanks alot (a little sarcasm here)
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm now officially headed in the wrong direction! Have to wonder if the weekends at the cottage are playing a role in this. Actually have been teetering between these two weights for awhile. Not discouraged, however, as I can only imagine what the scale would say if I were NOT exercising and watching what I eat :-)

Have a good week everyone!

Jul 1: 167.5
    Jul 4: 167
    Jul 11: 169.5
    Jul 18:
    Jul 25
    Jul 31:

Love your attitude...since I feel the same way. I have been maintaining for so many months that I seriously have wondered if I was not working out and trying to eat right what my waist size would be.
  • afitchpatrick
    afitchpatrick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    k i blew it this weekend i ate to much and had sum beer which i know is very bad. i still lost a very lil but it should b more at this rate i wont lose my 5 pounds this month
    91158 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey sorry i did forget to sign in on friday just letting you know i lost 2lbs last week just came from a zumba class if you have never done do it at least once you will enjoy it and the hour goes by so fast had lots of fun tonight .
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Got in a total of 5.8 miles waling today. Left early for my sons baseball game so I got in almost 3 miles after dinner.

My daughter helped my make homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner...yes that means we did homemade egg noodles. So delicious. I went heavy on the veggies to make it even more nutritiousl YUM!
  • StanziMasaki
    Options
    Sorry for the big delay between posts. I ended up being sick with Stomach Flu for over a week and couldn't keep any food/water down. I spent over 20 hours in the emergency room with IV fluids, ultrasounds, the works. @_@ But, I did lose a lot of weight from it! It might be temporary weight loss, but it's definitely the only positive thing to come out of being this sick! :D

07/03/2011: 155.9
    07/12/2011: 151.9
    07/15/2011:
    07/22/2011:
    07/29/2011:
    07/31/2011:
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    July 1st SW: 194
    7/08: 199
    7/15: ??
    7/22: ???
    7/29: ????
    7/31: ?????

WK 1: 5lb Gain

:cry: So upset over the first week's results. I worked my butt off last week and am in denial that I ended up gaining this much. This week I'm changing everything up with hopes of getting rid of this quickly. Now I've got 10lbs to lose in July. :explode: ..GRRRRRRRRRRR....
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I didn't weigh in yesterday or today I forgot. and I was way too busy to go for a walk last night so hopefully tonight I can.
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    7/1/11 189.0 lbs
    7/12/11 185.8

That's 3.2 lbs so far. Let's see if we can keep that going. =)
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy with myself that I found joined this thread... AGAIN! Because I find that reading everyone's up's and down's really helps me stay on track!

Jessica-
    Love your attitude! "get up, brush off, try again" I have had to do that a lot myself and every time I think we learn a thing or two about ourselves. :wink:

Amanda-
    Thank you! And yes, 150 here we come...again! :laugh: and this time we will get past the 150 and into the 140's!

Sugar_Apple-
    WTG! Blast that fat, girl!

mk820-
    ha ha ha, have you ever tried the flavored skinny cow cheese wedges? I put one on broccoli (or zucchini) to add a little flavor, only 35 calories per wedge! :love:

Terri-
    Your soup sounds awesome, healthy and yummy!

Ailene-
    Don't worry, I have been told that weight loss sometimes stalls a week. You will see a loss soon! :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone has an awesome day, don't forget to drink water!
    Cheers,
    Jenn
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    SW 146
    CW 143
    GW 141
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    7/01/11: 189.8 lbs
    7/08/11: SKIP
    7/15/11:
    7/22/11:
    7/29/11:
    7/31/11:

So....I ran 7.34 miles Thursday, then did my first 8K (5mile) race on Saturday, and I've still been doing Jillian's 30 day shred every morning..... With all that my weight was up - then I went to Chicago with the family for the weekend. I ate out every meal & ate anything & everything in sight at my cousin's party.:grumble: So this morning my weight is still way up - plus TOM is here! UGH! That is why I'm skipping. Hopefully come Friday I will be down to a more manageable weight. If not I will just log the gain & start over again.:ohwell:

Tomorrow is the last day for the 30 day Shred straight thru challenge I have been doing with Bru.:bigsmile: I'm just hoping the measuring tape is nice to me at least since the scale hasn't been lately. I have noticed my arms & shoulders are much more defined.:smokin: I feel stronger & its really not that bad anymore! Gotta love my girl Bru for always keeping me challenged & on my toes. :heart:
  • aarn6911
    aarn6911 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been working out like a crazy person! I am determined to complete this July challenge, after being up 1 pound last week I know I need to do some serious damage control. And considering my eating is still not where it should be I have to make up for it in workouts. I think this is the first day in the past two weeks that I have been under my calorie goal. That long 4th of July weekend really threw me out of wack but I'm getting back on the horse, so to speak :laugh:

Goal weight this week is 130!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!! :D
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I've done it.

I started out July at 200lbs, I'm down to 194 today! It's not official until I weigh myself on Sunday though.
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just checking in on how everyones goals are going this week?

I am in a WAY better place then I was last Weds. I have gotten back on the wagon. Working out, logging into MFP, and trying to stay accountable. I didnt do well at all over the weekend, but I won't let that stop me from losing! I was up 2-3 pounds last week. I'm hoping to be back to my start weight AT LEAST (if not a little lower!). If I stay on track I can do it! I did INSANITY yesterday for the first time and OHHHH MYYY is it tough! Hope everyone is doing the best they can! See everyone on Friday!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is going mid week. I'm still going strong and can't wait to see what the scale says in a few days.

Kelly-
    Congrats on finishing your 30 DS this morning, awesome job! I hope you post your results, I bet you lost a ton of inches. :happy:

Joehempel-
    :noway: WOW, congrats!